I made it through a tough test today!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I made it through a tough test today!

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » February 18th, 2005, 11:23 pm

I know we all have favorite foods that just seem to YELL " Go ahead eat me, I won't make you gain weight honest) THEY LIE :lol:
I am of Italian descent and I of course LOVE pasta in any shape, form
and the more cheese the better!
Tonight my kids visiting from Ohio requested my home made manicotti for dinner, they went and bought all the ingredients and I made it.
It smelled SO amazing and I even fed my 13 month old grandson while sitting and holding him in one arm and a bowl of manicotti in my other :shock: I REALLY REALLY wanted to eat some BUT I knew if I had even a bite I would eat till I was ill!!
SO I had my chicken breast with some mushrooms and drank my water and just defied temptation!!
BUT it was tough :lol: I have the leftovers which the kids will reheat for lunch tomorrow per their request in the fridge downstairs away from
my nose and eyes!
So tonight I feel victorious!!! Pasta and pizza are the two things I tend to crave and this is the first time where I had to actually make it since
I started MF in October.
I made it through and now I am going to bed and dream of that new swimsuit I need to buy for our vacation to Florida in a few weeks!
My kids were bowled over when they saw the changes in me and I want to continue to meet my goals, so tonight I passed on a few minutes of gratification for the long term joy of getting thinner!
This was a MAJOR test for me and I passed and had to share with all of you.
Off to bed now to sleep the sleep of the tired NOT the sleep of the over carbed coma :lol:
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby sister » February 18th, 2005, 11:45 pm

You are so awesome, Mary! Thanks for posting.
I am headed down your same road over the next several months and I pray for your same success!
I hope to have 70 pounds off by July.

You are an inspiration!!! :yes:
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

way to go!

Postby THINKTHIN » February 19th, 2005, 6:07 am

how lovely was that feeling of overcoming your big test? wow!!! you have done so well on your journey! it's people like you that keep my desire going! thank you for sharing your test with us!

~tiesha :D
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karen » February 19th, 2005, 7:21 am

Now THAT's inspiring! Those are the kind of victories that will not only get us to goal, but will KEEP us there. Your body is getting thinner, your inner strength is getting stronger.... way to go!
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby jene115 » February 19th, 2005, 9:20 am

oooh Mary, that is a HUGE success!!! Can I borrow some of that? Congratulations on passing a big test with flying colors. Success begets success and you are well on your way to Thinville!
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

hi

Postby NikkiNix » February 19th, 2005, 10:35 am

You rock Shrink,

Hey that's what got you to lose 70lbs in the first place. Congratulations,those victories are milestones. If you can do that you can do anything! I bet your kids were amazed at the strengh that you showed and all that weight you lost helps as well. Doesn't it feel great to show off your new bod with tucked in shirts? Keep on posting your successes I know it has helped me stay encouraged to keep on this Mf path.

Thanks for sharing
:D Nikki
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » February 19th, 2005, 10:37 am

Thanks guys!!
I feel like a proud warrior this morning :lol:
I am off to Walmart to buy myself a new pair of exercise pants in a size Large from the Misses dept!!
My XL's are too big now!!!!!!!!! I still cannot believe I can fit into clothes
that aren't plus size :D
I am becoming a major bargain shopper during this process and am buying things that are cute and smaller and CHEAP as I won't be in them for long!
Jene, I will be glad to send some of my willpower your way! I know we can all do this together and it always helps me to read about other's success!
Karen, That is SO true! I am much stronger both mentally and physically thanks to MF!
ThinkThin, When I have days where I think about cheating, I come here and read about other's whom have passed there own tests of temptation and it always helps me! I am glad to do the same for you and others!!
Sister, I will be right here with everyone else encouraging you to make that 70 pound goal!! YOU CAN DO IT!!
OK everyone give yourself a BIG HUG and tell yourself how wonderful you are!!
Happy Medifasting!!
God Bless,
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Re: I made it through a tough test today!

Postby MamaD » February 21st, 2005, 4:56 am

Mrsshrinkinglady wrote:My kids were bowled over when they saw the changes in me and I want to continue to meet my goals, so tonight I passed on a few minutes of gratification for the long term joy of getting thinner!

I love that!~~~!~!~ That is how we all need to think. Just a few minutes of gratification for the long term joy.......

Just think of all that manicotti on your backside...easing you back to the plus side.... that ought to do it~!~!~!~

CC ;) ;)
MamaD
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room