Getting past tough times...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Getting past tough times...

Postby twblues » May 9th, 2005, 5:36 pm

On a Thursday, I was told my last day at work would be Friday. My position was eliminated due to "downsizing". I admit, I got depressed and fell off the MF plan for about a week. I gained 1.5 lbs. :cry:

But, suddenly, things have turned themselves around. My employer is giving me 5 months of severance pay, if I don't find another position within the company on another project. I called Johns Hopkins University about a software development course I was interested in taking up, and found out that it started in 1 week, and it wouldn't be offered again for another 6 months. So, this morning, I was in class, for the first time in 15 years, getting new computer skills that should open a lot more doors for me. The timing couldn't be better. I had checked into this school last fall, but decided that I didn't have enough energy to go to classes after work and my long commute. Now, I'm a full-time student! :cleader:

I am back on track with MF, and I lost 2.5 lbs. this week. I have a couple of food-oriented events this coming weekend, but I plan to stay on MF. It's SO hard getting back on when you fall off. I may have to learn that lesson a few times before it sticks. :hammerhead:

What looked like my worst nightmare was a blessing in disguise...

When God closes a door, he opens up a window!
twblues
Regular Member - #20 Club

Re: Getting past tough times...

Postby want2Bthin » May 9th, 2005, 5:53 pm

twblues wrote:When God closes a door, he opens up a window!

I couldn't agree more with that! I am glad things are going in the right direction and great job on the 2.5 loss.

Angelia :lol:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby RavenKat2 » May 10th, 2005, 6:00 am

Hey Ellicott City!!!!! I live off of Rogers Ave near old town EC. Glad to have a neighbor on board!

Sorry you lost your job. Five months severence pay is amazing!

Good luck with your first week of school. :puter:

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby DonicaB » May 10th, 2005, 9:23 am

TW~~you have such a wonderful attitude. I am glad you are looking at this as a positive thing. You are going to be so happy that you are bettering yourself and you will definitely be more employable with updated computer skills.

God Bless,

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room