The end of my 3rd day.......

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

The end of my 3rd day.......

Postby TypingTrish » April 20th, 2004, 6:48 pm

Shew....what a horrible day this was. I breezed through days 1 & 2, but today, for some reason, it really really bothered me not having any food! I cooked spaghetti for my family tonight and WHOAA....wrong thing to fix! This house STILL has the aroma of that stuff lingering around. Geez. I wondered why oh why I did that to myself! HOWEVER....The most amazing thing has happened in the past two hours. Earlier I was ready to give in and just "nibble" on a little spaghetti because it smelled so good. But I was tough and didn't give in. I went to Wal-Mart with my girls and when I got home, the house still smelled like an expensive Italian restaurant, but I had a whole new perspective on things! My hunger pangs were gone, I wasn't craving anything, and I am so psyched again about this whole fasting!! I don't know what happened, but it was like "click" and I had my total willpower once again, plus the desire to succeed.

I just wanted to share this with ya'll. You are being a great support team for me and you are ALL greatly appreciated!! :goteam:

:puter: Trish
TypingTrish
Regular Member - #20 Club

Re: The end of my 3rd day.......

Postby ladyblue » April 20th, 2004, 8:00 pm

TypingTrish wrote: I don't know what happened, but it was like "click" and I had my total willpower once again, plus the desire to succeed.

Congrats on finding that willpower. I'd be in big trouble if I made that for dinner. Way to go. :)
~Blue
~Today is the first day of the rest of my life~
76#'s to goal ~ Medifast began 4/16/04
70#'s to goal ~ 4/20/04
ladyblue

Postby RavenKat » April 21st, 2004, 4:38 am

Good for you!!!

I cooked some shishkabob for my husband on my third day and ended up taking a bite of steak. Yes, it was perhaps 30 calories and Yes, it was protein, but I learned my lesson. No cooking for a while. :-) Luckily I have no kids to feed and Nelson is plenty used to me not cooking. ;)

Shopping at the grocery store was mighty weird too. I wasn't walking around wishing I could eat, which is what I expected. Instead, I was looking at the food like it was wood. There was no urge to purchase anything because there was no enjoyment attached to anything I was picking up.

Kat
on day 5
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Guest » April 21st, 2004, 6:06 am

RavenKat wrote:Shopping at the grocery store was mighty weird too. I wasn't walking around wishing I could eat, which is what I expected. Instead, I was looking at the food like it was wood. There was no urge to purchase anything because there was no enjoyment attached to anything I was picking up.

I know what you mean! When I went to Super Wal-Mart last night, strolling through the food aisles, I was NOT looking at all those sinful foods at all. Instead, I went to the pickel aisle, got me a big jar of pickles, my Diet-Rite Peach for mixers, and then just got the things I knew my family needed. This is wonderful! Day #4 now, and I know some may not believe me, but I can tell a difference! I don't think I can wait until Sunday to weigh in. Have you weighed yet?

Have a great day!

Third day Trish

Postby kimay » April 21st, 2004, 5:57 pm

WEIGH TO TO Trish!!! I am so psyched for you and that "click". It took me at least three WEEKs before I got mine. Nonetheless, it will happen for all of us at one point or another. Yay!!! You are off to a great start girlfriend.
We have something in common...I too, am or actually was, a medical transcriptionist who worked from my home! Unfortunately, due to neck injury am now permanently disabled, big bummer after 21 years dedicated to med transcribing. I dearly loved doing it and miss it and the money! The great thing about it is that it keeps your hands busy and out of the cookie jar
Kim
kimay

Re: Third day Trish

Postby TypingTrish » April 21st, 2004, 7:34 pm

kimay wrote:WEIGH TO TO Trish!!! I am so psyched for you and that "click". It took me at least three WEEKs before I got mine. Nonetheless, it will happen for all of us at one point or another. Yay!!! You are off to a great start girlfriend.
We have something in common...I too, am or actually was, a medical transcriptionist who worked from my home! Unfortunately, due to neck injury am now permanently disabled, big bummer after 21 years dedicated to med transcribing. I dearly loved doing it and miss it and the money! The great thing about it is that it keeps your hands busy and out of the cookie jar
Kim

Hey Kim! So nice to meet another Medifaster/Transcriptionist! I've been transcribing for <ahem> 23 years (I know, I just aged myself)...the last 9 from home. It is a great job! Stressful at times as you know, but wonderful pay and best of both worlds being at home too! True confession time though>>>I was really bad about snacking here at this computer...especially when the doctors were doing their hum-hah's in between words, and it wasn't good nutritious snacks either...I'd reach in a bag of chips and pop another one in my mouth. Felt like my fingers had to be moving at ALL times! Now...I just reach for the big tall glass of water sitting here beside me when they decide to take a little pause! :guzzle:

I'm sure you do miss it..I know I would. However, there ARE days LOL

TypingTrish
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby RavenKat » April 22nd, 2004, 5:00 am

Day #4 now, and I know some may not believe me, but I can tell a difference! I don't think I can wait until Sunday to weigh in. Have you weighed yet?

Have a great day!

Well, um, yes, I weighed myself yesterday. ;) I couldn't wait! I've lost 6 pounds in four days. I don't expect to lose any more this week - six pounds is crazy good!

Before I started I was convinced there was no way to survive on 500 calories a day. And now look at me! It makes me wonder what all those extra calories were actually doing? MAKING ME FAT, apparently. :hammerhead1: duh!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.