The cost of being overweight

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

The cost of being overweight

Postby Prancer » September 7th, 2006, 10:37 am

I was just reviewing our Health Ins. and realized if I werent overweight we would be saving a lot of money. We have dumb insurance so we get a certain amount of money upfront to pay for everything then when it is gone we are responsible for $1000 and after that they kick in. Normally for a family that wouldnt be so bad but with me going to the dr every 3 months for checkups, blood pressure checks, blood tests and being on 3 different daily meds for anxiet and blood pressure it is costing us so much. My blood pressure meds are crazy expensive because I cant take generic...

Sorry, just tired of it.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » September 7th, 2006, 11:01 am

Yet another reason to keep heading towards the Goal!!

And here I thought we were gonna have a convo @ how expensive the sexy normal sized clothes are! ;) yes I have been pricing and wishing already!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 7th, 2006, 11:36 am

Definitely motivation. A doctor I know once said when people say eating right is hard, lifestyle changes hard (for example MF), he tells them no, eating right is not hard. Strokes are hard, having your chest cracked open for bypass is hard. That really struck me. He is right. Jenn its so true. Those meds cost more than healthy food.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Serendipity » September 7th, 2006, 12:01 pm

Between BP meds, diuretics, and Nexium, I was spending over $100/month on medication. And that's not counting Advil, Tylonol PM to help me sleep, Tums (I ate those like candy).

No more meds as of 3 months ago. Last week my bp was 112/70.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 7th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Serendipity wrote:Between BP meds, diuretics, and Nexium, I was spending over $100/month on medication. And that's not counting Advil, Tylonol PM to help me sleep, Tums (I ate those like candy).

No more meds as of 3 months ago. Last week my bp was 112/70.

Wow, Jo. That is great news. I want to come off BP meds more than anything. Even though I have only lost 10lbs so far my BP has gone down a bit; its so amazing. And I used to do the tums dance myself. They became "addictive".
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Prancer » September 7th, 2006, 1:26 pm

I am on Prinivil and Norvasc. My Norvasc is only 5mg a day. I want to dump that one soon. I am planning on going to the dr again at the end of the month or next month. I check my BP at walmart all the time. The top number has been 110 to 117 and the bottom 62 to 72. I think its time to go off.

However Dh now has been having high readings on his top number. I keep telling him to drink more water and see if that helps. He is 6' and weighs 185, runs 3+ times a week. He is healthy but his top number is prehypertensive.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room