The carb demons got me

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

The carb demons got me

Postby big ron » January 17th, 2006, 8:12 am

Well I knew I was a carb addict but last night had a full blown attack. :x :bricks: I feel really bad today(guilty). I dont know what happened but the cravings were awful and instead of fighting I caved. :brickwall: Well back on the plan! Glad this forum is here it is helping me not turn the slip into a fall. Thanks everyone
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby falisamarie » January 17th, 2006, 8:27 am

Ron

What a great attititude to get right back on the wagon :thumbup:

You have done really well from what I have read here :puter: so don't beat yourself up to bad :hammerhead:

Remeber three steps forward and one step back is still progress!! :runner:

Good for you for not giving up :thumbig:

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 17th, 2006, 9:38 am

Hey ron!!! :hug:

Don't let guilt take hold. You lost 7.5lbs last week!!! :yourock:

I know any time I ever lost a significant amount of weight...it wasn't long before "celebration" emotions kicked in and I would also go carb crazy! Like your ticker states...we're on a journey and were all here with you :goteam:

You're back on the program! Last night is behind you! Today is a NEW day! :yay: :yes: :yay:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Leslie36 » January 17th, 2006, 10:11 am

Dont beat yourself up over this!! Today is a new day!! :cheermed:
Leslie36
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby ljm498 » January 17th, 2006, 10:15 am

Ron, don't even sweat it! We all have these slip ups from time to time. The important thing is to get back to it as soon as possible. You know this works and you know this is the path to go. That's great that you were able to get right back on MF! That's a huge learning experience and huge success right there.
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby big ron » January 17th, 2006, 10:35 am

Thanks everyone, this forum is great and helpful. I feel a sense of accountability along with the support :hug: which is important to me. when you feel you dont have anyone to be accountable for its easier to let go but the accountability this forum developes forces me to get back on because people are depending on my success. Hope this makes sense. Anyway another day another shake :D :D
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby Lauren » January 17th, 2006, 11:52 am

Hey, Ron-

Good for you to jump right back on, before slipping down the oh so slippery slope. However, I think it's important to figure out what your triggers were, so you (and us) can avoid them in the future. Were you staying true to the every 3 hour rule? Were you drinking enough water? Did you exercise, but not bump up your supplements, and feel extra hungry? Were you home too much, not keeping yourself busy enough? Did you get too complacent with the diet and forget you had to work it, all the time?

You are doing a sensational job and have had tremendous insight into yourself and others on this forum. So make sure you don't just chalk this up as a carb craving, because you've managed your way around the carbs since you started. Something made you give in yesterday. Figure it out, and hopefully it will prevent another slip.

And while I 100% agree with everyone here that we shouldn't beat ourselves up, I also think that if we don't get angry at the slip (not ourselves, the slip), then you are missing the opportunity to turn it around big time for the future.

Keep on keepin' on, Ron!

FYI, my office was closed yesterday, so I had one extra day of unstructured "weekend," and I found myself walking in circles around the kitchen. I had crackers, extra broccoli, LOTS of water, and had my MF shakes within much shorter periods of time of one another. Yesterday I felt "weak," and was really close to the edge. But I made a deal with myself that I would only allow myself extra veggies and/or MF stuff, even if it was more than allowed, I wouldn't break away from that. It was hard, but I made it. I realized that I spent too much time being at home this weekend, and it made me vulnerable. That was my trigger. That's why I asked about yours...we all have them!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby ktrout » January 17th, 2006, 12:13 pm

Ron, Great job getting right back up ! WE can do this !!!!
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Serendipity » January 17th, 2006, 2:18 pm

Great advise, Lauren! I think it's so important to study our actions and learn from our mistakes - Not let it get us down, but not just sweep them under the rug either.

I'm proud of you, Ron, for coming here to spill your guts (pardon the pun, lol). That took nerve and it shows that you want to stay true to the plan.

If you're having trouble figuring out what the trigger was, maybe you could let us know what was going on yesterday.....we could have a brain storming session.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Lauren » January 17th, 2006, 2:51 pm

Thanks for the back up, Jo, I was concerned that everyone on the forum was going to start cursing me for taking a harder road! :-)

I love the brainstorming idea as well, we may all find that option valuable when in a similar situation!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby ktrout » January 17th, 2006, 5:08 pm

Lauren, your post on unstructured time home hit home. I was off Monday as well and had to stay down in my workshop to avoid the demons in the kitchen. Weekends and days off are certainly tougher than the office where I can hide in the LAN room.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby big ron » January 17th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Thanks everyone, I have been thinking about what could of caused it maybe I spread out the meals too far or lack of fluid also. I worked yesterday and had about 6 hours of driving (I am all over Texas). I would have been fine if I didnt have some toast. Once I did that I needed more. We are all here together. :hug:

I had some good news today when my wife gave me a hug and told me she could touch her hands together. This wasnt possible a few months ago. I have lost some inches :kool:
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby Lisa in NY » January 17th, 2006, 5:57 pm

Stay focused Ron - remember WHY you are doing this ! You WILL make it to goal !

Lisa :mrgreen:
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » January 19th, 2006, 2:48 pm

Hey this stuff isn't easy, and it's not easy admitting that you caved to the demons. But we pick up, go on and next time when the demons are waiting for us, we hopefully have picked up some tools along the way to fight them OFF!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Gwenski » January 19th, 2006, 10:04 pm

WOW - a full hug from your wife is going to keep you away from that troubling toast -- don't you think? :lol:

Ron, you are stronger than the toast and those carbs. That is a lot of mind numbing driving to do -- maybe taking breaks and getting some fresh air along with your supplements AND water can help out on those really long driving days?

You are a total sucess because you realized what you did and got right back into the swing of things. We all have those impossible moments and days. Poor Lauren paced her remodeled kitchen and managed not to graze until those cows came home. Too much free time for the brain to wander, ponder and trick you into eating sucks!

Learning from these moments is most important and analyzing the who, what, where, why and how's is totally important so you don't get sucked in again.

How did everyone here get so smart? Leaning on each other during all this is the best part of this process. Have your wife hug you anytime the toast or any other nasty carbs start calling to you.
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Return to The Weight Room