Low Carb Wraps?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Low Carb Wraps?

Postby ascicles » August 11th, 2006, 8:23 am

I kind of doubt that these are allowed, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. The kind that I've seen have about 6g of carbs and were really low in fat (if I remember correctly, 2g). I can't remember the calorie count, because it's been a long time since I've looked at them.

So, the question is, are these allowed? It seems really low in most of the big areas...certainly more so than a snack of soy crisps or crackers.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Mike » August 11th, 2006, 9:29 am

What kind of wraps are these. You don't mean wraps from Subway.... much more than 6g carbs in those. What are these?
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sarya » August 11th, 2006, 10:02 am

I've seen low carb tortilla wraps in the health food store. Is this what you are talking about? I would venture to guess the medifast nutritionist would shoot them down. Anything with more than 3-4g carbs tends to get a "not so good" it seems. Although I did see the nutritionist say the other day that a person could get a tablespoon of peanut butter for a snack if they had room for the carbs and stuff in their daily plan.

I probably wouldn't use them, but if you have room for extra carbs in your plan you could probably give it a shot. I should clarify that I wouldn't use them because when I add carbs to my diet I've noticed I have a much harder time with my cravings and sticking to plan; even if those carbs are from like MF crackers. I am experimenting with keeping my carbs very firmly within the recommended 80-85g daily allowance and it's working well for me.

Also, if I remember right you consume mostly tropical punch and shakes? So you may have some wiggle room for experimentation. Just check the rest of the nutritional stats and see if it offers you anything beneficial as well :)

And hey!! congrats on your new club (sort of) I see you're down 100, but your club still says 90#. WTG :D You lost a little person!
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ascicles » August 11th, 2006, 10:56 am

Yeah, these are the low card wraps that you buy in the health food store. I stopped by there on my lunch break to pick up some veggies and I looked at them again.

The nutritional info for 2 soft "shells" is 50 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 9 carbs. Looking at that, it's lower in every catagory than a serving of soy crisps. Nothing else stood out in the nutritional info (0% of everything else).

I'm pretty sure that the nutritionist will say no, but I'm going to ask anyway. I think this could work if I don't have a snack on the day I eat them.

In regards to the weight loss...thanks!

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby Sarya » August 11th, 2006, 11:05 am

Yeah she's almost definitely going to say no. Did it have any protein in it?
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ascicles » August 11th, 2006, 11:36 am

Sarya wrote:Yeah she's almost definitely going to say no. Did it have any protein in it?

I think it had a few grams, but nothing major.

I really don't see any reason WHY it wouldn't work, but I'm sure they are instructed to say no to anything along these lines. I guess it's one of those "slippery slope" things they always talk about...even though I've never had a problem in that area.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby Mike » August 11th, 2006, 10:55 pm

So, this got me to thinking, where else can one find low carb wraps. So I googled it and found a great site. It also has a pizza dough with 3 net carbs (after subtracting 1 g of diet. fiber) per slice.
check it out at: netrition dot com :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss