Tawanda

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby bikipatra » February 12th, 2007, 12:36 am

Tawanda wrote:Hello!

So far the tastiest food that I've had is the chocolate pudding. Someone mentioned making it and then placing it in the freezer for 30 minutes so I tried it last night and it tasted okay. To me, the oatmeal has a bit of a chalky taste (reminds me of kaeopectate :shock: ) but the taste buds do get use to it and if this is what I have to eat to be successful, then I'm doing it. :)

Maybe that's why I love the oatmeal so much, I used to LOVE the taste of Kaeopectate as a child...The oatmeal is the only Medifast food I would eat regularly if I were not on this diet...
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » February 12th, 2007, 7:19 am

Towanda...Welcome...there are great people on this forum and they will help you all the way!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » February 12th, 2007, 8:00 pm

Biki, I thought of you when I ate my oatmeal today ;) -- thought "I sure hope I start liking Kaeopectate soon!". :D

j0j0ruca, thanks for the welcome! How did your first week go?

Today was day 3 and the most difficult one so far. I was very hungry all afternoon and just kept doing the meals every 2.5 hours along with drinking a lot of water. I drank about 100 oz so far today and still have one meal to go. The L & G was welcomed and savored. ;) I'm leaning towards having pudding tonight as my last meal.

One thing I've not found, or at least I don't remember, is how often people are weighing. I'm getting the feeling that there are many who are weighing daily but then others are staying away from the scale and doing a weekly weighing? Part of me thinks how great it would be to see a decent drop once a week, but then another part of me says a daily weighing that would show a partial pound would be a good incentive. I think I should probably do a weekly weigh in, though. Such tough decisions :lol:
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sojourner » February 12th, 2007, 8:50 pm

WooHoo, Tawanda!!
The most difficult part is over - ketosis will soon kick in and you'll be in the Medi-Zone! WTG, girl! For me, it was as though a switch had been flipped. Boom! No cravings and lots of energy, just like that - overnight. You'll see...

As far as the frequency of weighing is concerned - it really is an individual thing. Everyone's weight fluctuates throughout the week, down one day but up the next. Some people become really discouraged and frustrated when they see an increase in weight despite their compliancy, or even when the scale is moving more slowly than what they would like - some to point of eating off plan or really struggling with maintaining their motivation because of what their scale says. Some folks don't have those issues and would rather weigh every day in order to remain motivated or just know where they are on a day-to-day basis. Some people don't necessarily have any issues, they just like to see that big drop they see by weighing only once a week.

There is no "rule" about when or how much to visit your scale. It's completely up to you.
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » February 12th, 2007, 9:03 pm

Thanks Sojourner! I just read Nickiluv's journal entry re: the scale and weighing. She gave me more to ponder. I go for the instant gratification weighing and I think I need to change my focus, from each individual pound that I want to lose, to learning to relate to food in a completely different way than I have for years. If I can change my habits, my thought processes, my behaviors while staying on program then the weight will come off and I'll win in more ways than just fitting in a smaller (much smaller :D ) size of clothing.

Much to ponder.
Tawanda

Postby j0j0ruca » February 12th, 2007, 9:12 pm

Tawanda wrote:
j0j0ruca, thanks for the welcome! How did your first week go?

My first week went by pretty much with out any problems. I do have to admit for some strange reason yesterday I was CRAVING pizza and just hungry in general. I would have given anything to have a slice or two. Lucky for my my support team (boyfriend and roommate) refused to let me give in. Today I was fine - no cravings or hungry feelings. I'm down a good 5 pounds!
Start date: 2-05-07

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
j0j0ruca
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Sojourner » February 12th, 2007, 9:42 pm

Tawanda wrote:If I can change my habits, my thought processes, my behaviors while staying on program...

Tawanda, I'm a psych student right now, so this stuff is really interesting to me. In fact, I wrote the longest journal post ever about this very thing. Here's the link to it, I hope it helps!

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=101868&highlight=#101868
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » February 13th, 2007, 3:38 am

Tawanda, Before Medifast, my pattern was to go on a diet, weigh every day, break the diet, hide from the scale. I think I went a whole year once without getting on the scales! When I started Medifast, I decided that whatever happened, I was going to weigh every day and not be a coward. (not that any of you weekly weighers are cowards, I'm just talkin' about me) I really needed to get used to the fluctuations and accept them as part of the journey. At first, it was hard and I did get discouraged, but after awhile, confidence set in and I was able to get used to the ups and downs. I had lots of ups and downs with the scale and had lots of plateaus of 10 days or more. The final result is what I had my eye on, though, so I got used to the scales and believe me there wasn't much instant gratification much of the time.

It really has paid off for me in maintenance. My weight has been fluctuating up and down 3-4 pounds. Imagine how I would feel if I wasn't used to the scale going up and down already. I realize that this is just how my body works. I don't freak out each time I see the numbers.

Having said all of the above, though, if you truly freak out when your weight goes up and you've been compliant, maybe once a week is good. I'm just saying that if I had waited that long between weighing times, I would have played that hiding game and prolly would have been gone.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Tawanda » February 13th, 2007, 8:14 am

Day 4 begins. Dang but yesterday was a tough one. I was awake much of the night (or so it seemed) and I was HUNGRY! :lol: But, I kept telling myself that being a bit hungry is good and that staying on program was the only option. Commando Medifast!!! (I hope I remembered that correctly). ;)

So, this morning, I jumped on the scale (well, not really 'jumped' on it--I didn't want to have to go buy a new one) and was down another .5# . I thought " .5 , big deal " and then that other little voice said " another .5 is pretty darn good so shuddap and appreciate it" . Sometimes you gotta get tough with those little voices whining in your ears. ;)

So, day 4 and 4# gone. Wouldn't it be loverly if it would continue to work that way? :lol: I know it is water weight loss and maybe even a teensy bit of actual fat loss, but it sure is nice to see the numbers be a bit lower.

I appreciate the feedback on the weighing and scale. Sojourner, I've opened the link you shared, but haven't read it yet, will do that next. Jo, I agree with you on needing to see those numbers bounce around to realize that it is normal fluctations and okay. I also saw that Biki mentioned weighing and not allowing a gain to throw her off (working from memory here, so I may not have that 100% correct) and I think that is a great way to look at things, too.

There is a lot to consider and I suppose working on the mind set can go hand in hand with daily weighing. I'll read Sojourner's post and think on it some more.

Time to begin Day 4-----100% compliant!

Commando Medifast!

Tawanda!!! ;) :lol:
Tawanda

Postby bikipatra » February 13th, 2007, 8:25 am

Tawanda you did great last night. I have mentioned before that during my first few days on Medifast the first time, I would cry myself to sleep I was soooooooo hungry and just pray to God to let me fall asleep and end my misery. I don't know why I didn't just have another supplement. It's allowed. I guess I like to suffer!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonicaB » February 13th, 2007, 8:41 am

Tawanda~ I agree with Sojo.....you just have to do what you feel is best for you (concerning weighing daily). On every diet I have ever done.....I would weigh every day. This time I decided I was not going to weigh every day. I decided that (for me) the most important thing is to learn healthy eating habits and to truly change the way I view food. I know that by focusing on those 2 things that I will lose the weight. I want to experience a true lifestyle change and believe that I am with MF.

So far I have lost weight every week. One week I only lost 2/10 of a pound, but I didn't let that bother me (at least not too much ;) ) I have pretty much only weighed once a week, but on occassion have weighed twice.

This just seems to work well for me, right now. I do plan to weigh daily once I reach my goal. I think that will help me in determining how certain foods affect me. Also, I think it will help me stay on top of things.

I don't know if that helps......I just thought I would put in my 2 cents worth.

DonicaB :bananadance:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby jlaman79 » February 13th, 2007, 9:34 am

Hi Tawanda!

I just started reading your journal and wanted to introduce myself. You'll see me around here from time to time. Though admittedly I tend to lurk more than I post. You're off to a great start and I'm glad to see new members so excited. If I can help you in any way let me know.

Jen
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79

Postby Tawanda » February 13th, 2007, 1:33 pm

I just had the Beef Stew and it was good!

;) I thought I should come in and say that since I was teasing about the chalky flavor I was tasting in the oatmeal. :lol:

I figure the 'chalk' taste is something that I'm noticing just like a person who doesn't drink diet sodas can say there is an after taste to the soda and I never notice it. I bet I'll become a oatmeal lover :shock: before my goal is met. ;)

Biki, I had hoped the hungries would not reoccur, I'm not sure I'd be as strong as you were!

Donica, I appreciate and enjoy all input so thank you for sharing what has worked for you.

Jen, thanks for the welcome! :)

Not drinking my water as quickly today so I need to focus on doing that in the upcoming hours, otherwise it is a good Medifast day here---I hope it is for everyone else also.
Tawanda

Postby Tawanda » February 14th, 2007, 1:57 pm

I'm in the middle of day 5 of being completely compliant and all is well. (Yes, for some reason I'm feeling a bit incredulous that I've made it for 4.5 days without fudging a bit on food). I'm still quite hungry most of the time, but the scale showing a half pound loss each morning has been enough to make me appreciate the hungery feeling instead of looking for food.

I just had the Chicken Noodle soup for lunch and it was good. I'm behind on drinking my water so that is what I'm going to work on while I read all of the new posts since I visited here last night.

Happy Valentine's Day to all! :rose:
Tawanda

Postby GucciGoo » February 14th, 2007, 2:03 pm

Welcome! I want a fun Southern name too!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal