TAMI IS BACK!! HELP NANCY SOS SOS SOS!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

TAMI IS BACK!! HELP NANCY SOS SOS SOS!!!

Postby TamiL » August 16th, 2005, 8:14 am

Hey you all!! there are soooo many new people on here!!! for those of you who dont know me...I lost 50 pounds on medifast....and got down to 135 pounds....back into my clothes and was feeling on top of the world!! I started working out alot....and was LOVING the THIN LIFE!! but then something happened while I wasnt paying close attention....my weight started creepin back up on me....pound by pound..I wouldnt go more than 2 days of eating or drinking what I shouldnt...always got back on track with maintenence....but the last 2 months...Ive put back on 15 or more pounds...I refuse to weigh myself cuz I dont really want to know..but I know I must be pushing 150 by now..or maybe more!! I ordered some medifast....and starting TODAY with what I had left over....I know this works...and I need to get myself back on track!! my question is this to NANCY ....since i have been working out...I do about 30 min on my treadmill 5 days a week then weight workouts 4 times a week...can I still do this? or should I slow it down a bit...maybe just walk 20 min for the next few weeks and lessen up on my weight training? I plan on doing the full fast...just with oatmeal and shakes...no lean/green for a while unless I am forced to dine out!!! I have missed this forum..and my little head was telling me LONG AGO to get back on this train to thinville....but I was having too much fun...and that fun lead to my jeans being VERY TIGHT!! lol!! I know I can do this with the help of medifast again...and I wont stray.....cuz need to know about my excersice...cuz I cant imagine NOT working out now that its become such a part of my life!! If I wasnt working out...I KNOW that I would have put back on MUCH MORE OF THE WEIGHT I lost!!
anyhoooo..its nice to be back..Im going to read all the stuff Ive missed....
Happy shakin everyone!! :)
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby aimalasplace » August 16th, 2005, 10:14 am

WELCOME BACK,
You kinda brought up a question I have been afraid to ask.
Is there life after medifast. I know that this plan is to relearn how to eat properly and gives you the tools to do so.
I am under the impression that we will need to have it in our lives "forever" I don't think that bothers me, I always have drank shakes as a meal between meals. I have not read the maintenance post yet. I feel that I am not ready to even look at that yet as I have quite a few months to go.
Sorry to turn your welcome back "party" :bouncieball: into my "question" party! :idontknow:
:roll: :partytime:
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby martha » August 16th, 2005, 10:19 am

TAMIL--

WELCOME BACK!!!!!-- you know the same thing happened to me a few years ago.. I started gaining it back(Not MF) and didn't stop till it was to late.. :oops: :oops: At least you had the good sense to put a stop to it before all of it and some more came back :x ..Have a great restart and I look forward to seeing your posts..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » August 16th, 2005, 11:14 am

Thanks Martha and Aima*

YES there is life after medifast....WONDERFUL LIFE!! I maintained my weight for months..just using the maint. plan....but I started getting TOO RISKY...and once I put sugar back into my mouth..it was hard to stop!! THAT IS NOT ON THE MAINT. plan..not mine anyhooooo...I have always had an eating addiction with SUGAR!! and I steered clear of it for months....even months after I got to my goal weight...but one night..at a birthday party..I decided to have Cake, my downfall...which lead me to binge....and not stop for a while!! then I would pick myself back up again...but have found myself latley missing a "strict" eating schedule....MEDIFAST DOES work..during your weight loss journey and AFTER....but what dosent work is when you let yourself get out of control for more than a few days at a time with food....and thats whats happened to me!! but I caught myself..and I know when I need to be STRICT again...and once I get back down to where I was....I will begin Maint. again!! its a LIFETIME change....not just while your medifasting..but if you were an OVEREATER like most of us were before we started this program....once you stop medifasting...you cant go back to your old habits....its a LIFELONG change that must happen!! and it happened for me...but I let my summer be a little TOO MUCH FUN with FOOD!! thats okay....I just pick myself back up....start shakin again...and in no time..Ill be back at my goal weight!! I just want to know if I can keep exercising..or if I need to slow it down a bit....untill Im back in Ketosis....I think I know the answer to that....just want to confirm with Nancy!! :) YOU can get this weight off....and keep it off...but it all comes from within...you cant go back to old habits....or it creeps up on you..but you can eat normal food again...and maintain...just dont OVEREAT!! :)

Tami

Postby Mommy2girls » August 17th, 2005, 3:30 pm

Welcome back Tami~

I'm a former MF loser and regainer myself. Unfortunately when I lost the first time (7 years ago) I didn't have the tools/desire/willpower to stop the regain. I had 2 baby girls born 19 months 1 day apart which lead to a 55lb weight gain that never "dissapeared" after birth... :bricks: When I Medifasted before there were no yummy soups, oatmeal, the list goes-on-and-on. Also I couldn't buy it anywhere other than my drs. office that closed in early 2000.

So I feel blessed :yes: that I have FOUND MF again and that the products are even better than they were before and I am SOOOOO thankful for this forum and everyone who participates here because it has helped me sooooo much!

So you know the drill, you know what to do :flip: and CONGRATS :kool: for catching yourself and stopping the fall down the slippery slope!
Last edited by Mommy2girls on August 18th, 2005, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » August 18th, 2005, 9:08 am

Hey there, Tami ~

Welcome back!

I think we covered the issue of exercise in our private email but for those of you hanging on the edge of your seats:

Nope, you don’t need to stop your exercise. Just ease up a bit on the intensity.

Yes, this must be a lifestyle change...if we eat and drink they way we did before Medifast = the weight and state of health we had before Medifast. :shock:

Kiss your jeans, Girl! Because they were tight, they twanged you back into reality, just in the nick of time!

Let's do it!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LeeannNH » August 18th, 2005, 1:48 pm

hey tami :D

that is aweome that you were able to restart in the middle of the gain. i have never been able to do that...it always ended up gaining it back plus more before i would start again on any plan.

you are strong and resolute!!!

go girl!!!! :mrgreen:
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » August 21st, 2005, 1:21 am

leeann ~

You are learning how to be strong and resolute. Maintenance IS coming eventually, ya know.

To get there and stay there, it takes being resolved to eating breakfast every day, eating 5-6 small meals, being accountable for your weight, small portions of low fat/low cal foods, develop and follow an eating plan and monitor your weight with a pair of great-fitting jeans or weigh often.

You mention that you have always gained back all the weight you lost, I used to do that, too before I discovered Take Shape For Life - we are giving you the tools necessary for weight management. Now it's your job to use them.

I believe in you - your darling daughter needs a healthy Momma!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.