I survived day one--THANKS EVERYBODY!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I survived day one--THANKS EVERYBODY!

Postby carolannjeanette » April 27th, 2007, 6:56 am

Wow! I am so happy, I survived day one! Part of me doesn't believe it, part of me knew I could do it, and another part of me is fearful that although I didn't blow it yesterday, I will blow it any day now!

Also, I have 2 lunch meetings next week. I am scared that I might blow it there. If I don't eat, everybody is going to ask why I am not eating and focus a lot of attention on me not eating. Well, I think I have enough to be concerned about for today, I think I should not worry about next week yet and just focus on getting through today--day 2!! I like choosing to be healthy over sugar!

Thanks for everyone's support!
carolannjeanette
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 27th, 2007, 6:59 am

Glad day one went so well. I have only been out to eat a few times since I started Medifasting and even in Hong Kong they had a salad with grilled chicken on top. Just ask for lowfat dressing on the side and use a little. Also request that they grill your food dry, no fat. If you know the names of the restaurants you can often go online and see the menus to plan ahead. There may be many other options you can turn into a L&G. If the concept is too overwhelmong you could just have an iced tea and say something like you had a huge breakfast and are not hungry.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mickeyz » April 27th, 2007, 7:27 am

Good for you getting started. Just take it one day at a time. It really does get easier.

We all have to be able to go in to resturants once in a while and find a way to stay on plan. Like bikipatra said, every resturant has something you can order for L&G. You may want to figure out ahead of time what you are going to order so you can be armed and dangerous before you arrive! Plus just think how good you will feel when you leave knowing you did it!!

Ordering food will draw less attention to you so you don't have to answer all those annoying questions or feel uncomfortable.

Don't forget to have your MF meal in a timely fashion before you go so you aren't starving when you get there.

Stay strong and enjoy your journey.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » April 27th, 2007, 7:33 am

Oh, I wanted to add, even if you can't find the menu on the internet almost any place will email or fax it to you.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Mike » April 27th, 2007, 8:31 am

Congrats on day 1.
As for the lunch meetings... if they are catered and its alot of sand=wich stuff, just have it withough the bread. If its not enough for the L&G, you can split the L&G that day and just have a smaller one at home later.
Its all in the choices.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.