survived 1st 3 days - yahoo!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

survived 1st 3 days - yahoo!

Postby shawna » January 14th, 2004, 10:28 am

Hello all,

Today is day 4. Day 3 wasn't all that bad - I highly suggest being very busy on day 3 - it helps alot. I had coffee with a friend, an appointment, and a party that night. Of course at the party there were cookies, bread & dip, candy, etc...

It really helped to have a buddy there who's also on a low carb/high protein diet. We were eyeballing all the food but didn't take so much as a crumb. Shockingly, my self talk kicked in - "it's not worth it. One minute of pleasure isn't worth having to do these 3 days all over again." I'm so used to giving into temptation - it was quite empowering to choose not to. I'm stronger that i thought.

So far I've lost 7 pounds which is thrilling for me. I have 83 to go. I started at 230 and want to get down to 140, God willing. For those of you who are just starting...YOU CAN DO IT. If I can do it, ANYONE can! I am the queen of instant gratification but because I'm full all the time - I'm able to stand firm and not grab for the "instant fix" of cruddy food. If you're leaving for the day, just load a few bottles of water and your shaker jar in the car and drink 'em while you're out. I had one at Starbucks while my friend sipped on a mocha. Best of all, my body feels very "clean" and my energy is great. I don't feel bogged down by junk food, etc... My mind is clearer, I'm more focused, and in a better mood. Doing the right thing -- is very rewarding. I still have a "front butt" (haha) but not for long! Can't wait to ditch all those fat, tent-like clothes. I can't remember the last time I tucked something in!

That's it - keep up the fight -
Shawna
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13
shawna
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 14th, 2004, 11:35 am

Way to go Shawna!
Doesn't it feel good? That's an important aspect all through the weight loss phase, is to learn how to "feel" your body. This will come in handy later on when you get into transition and maintenance. You'll be able to "feel" which foods are good for you, and which foods make you tense, blue, hungry, satisfied, sleepy, etc....

Keep Shakin'
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby star85 » January 14th, 2004, 7:43 pm

Shawna,
You're so funny "the front butt". I call it the same thing too. After having twins and then gaining almost 90 pounds I definitely have a "front butt"! I can't wait to get rid of it. My weight goals are almost identical to yours ( see stats below ). We should keep each other posted on our weight loss progress since we both have the same amount of weight to lose and we're both women ( men naturally have more muscle mass, even when they're over weight ) so it's hard to have a male as a "weigh in" partner. (NO offense gentlemen) And MIKE you are still all inspiring! I think I have a better chance of staying on plan if I'm accountable for "weighing in" with someone else. Well let me know if that sounds good to you. I've had a really good day today. I'm doing the full fast. Are you? Keep up the great work and keep in touch! You can reach me on the boards or E-mail.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Re: survived 1st 3 days - yahoo!

Postby explorthis » January 15th, 2004, 7:51 am

shawna wrote:Hello all,

Today is day 4.

I still have a "front butt" (haha) but not for long!

Can't wait to ditch all those fat, tent-like clothes. I can't remember the last time I tucked something in Shawna

Shawna, and Kelyn... Though I cannot truly relate to the "front butt" part, I have visualized it, thanks for that.... I know your "want" for instant gratification, wanting it off now etc.. I too had much to lose. I have kept the faith (if you will) and shed over 100 pounds by not expecting it to come off instantly. I did want it instantly, I did not understand after a week, why I was not completely thin. Face it girls, I have posted this 100 times. We did not get FAT overnite. It took many years, many excuses. NO MORE excuses. We are in this together. We can be thin and hot. We can lose our "front butts" I am proof. I am re-writing my last will and testament to leave all $90 in my bank account to Medifast, and to Tim, so he can get more band width to allow for faster web speed!

Shawna, I also relate to your "non tucking in of the clothes" Picture John Goodman from Rosanne, except without the flannel shirt, this used to be me. HUGE hanging beer belly - this "untucked-ness" hides some gut pretty well. Who was I fooling? I was always the large designer 4X shirt, though I could fit in a 3X. I thought if I put on a larger shirt, that it would hide more of my "front butt". I NEVER tucked in a shirt. Weather it was a church function, or a wedding, I wore my "stuff" untucked - hoping to hide what I had.

Now Now Now Now I am in a XLG regular guys shirt. The XLG is too big. I am almost ready to venture to the Large. I am not afraid, actually I look forward every morning as I get dressed, to tucking in my shirt. I look forward to making sure my shirt is tucked in properly, to sort of HUG my body/belly if you will. I have no more belly. I do have a bit of a "pinch an inch" remaining, I am 42, and the old body covering (skin) is not as elastic as it was when I was in my 20's. I am slowly firming it up - but I nave no front butt, or even a beer gut anymore. Its gone, and I want to show this off, as I proudly walk around (secretly hoping for additional WOW comments) Call it vain - I deserve it, and you will also.

I read yesterday that only 5-10% of the population in the US actually follows through with a weight loss regimine and succeeds. Only 1-3% actually keeps the weight off. Well girls, this is us! We are the majority of those that have made a commitment to be thin, lose that "front butt" and be HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Keep the faith, drink the shakes, run from the goodie tray. Run from it, showing you have the power to say NO, NEVER AGAIN. I did it, if I can SO CAN YOU!

Medifast is the BOMB (as my 13 y/o says)

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby star85 » January 15th, 2004, 8:09 am

Thanks Mike for that "pep post". I love reading your posts. I always finish reading them feeling happy and inspired to keep going! I still have to laugh every time I see the words "front butt" in print (hee,hee,hee). Instead of the whole stomach protruding like a "beer belly" that alot of men get, women usually get the "front butt" which is just the lower abdomen protruding. Hope that explains it better Mike (hee,hee,hee) Not that you probably really wanted to know! Keep in touch.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Front Butt

Postby Stacey » January 17th, 2004, 7:59 am

I'm sitting here giggling at the front butt discription. I carry almost 60% of my weight on my stomach. Although I'm a woman I probably lood more like John Goodman:-). Like you two ladies My stats are real close to yours 215/212/150. I look forward to utilizing this board as my support. I love it!
Stacey
Stacey

Postby SneezyKitten » January 17th, 2004, 9:38 am

Shawna, I totally agree with how GOOD your body feels when it is not fighting to digest and survive on junk food. 7 lbs is awesome! Another 7 and you'll be rounding the bend towards a smaller clothing size!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on survivng the party unscathed - party food is hard to resist!

I bought 3 of those unbreakable plastic water bottles last night and am going to keep the filled and in my car, my bag, my bedside etc. I find the ones with the ounces marked on the side are very helpful for keeping track of my 64 ounces (which I can ALMOST do now!) I totally agree that having something with you at all times makes a difference in your ability to resist temptation.
SneezyKitten

Front butt - sorry!

Postby shawna » January 17th, 2004, 9:56 am

Hey, thanks to all of your for your tremendous replies and support. Obviously my "front butt" comment gave a few of you a little too much to visualize...sorry. :-)

However, I also am glad a few of you HAVE one as well!! I swear, until I hit 200 (I'm 5'7") my stomach was the only small part of me! Then 200-230 all went straight to my gut (I supose I had run out of other body parts?)

Haha. But soon, we won't HAVE front Butts - only back Butts!! Praise the Lord!

love,
Shawna
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13
shawna

Postby finalstraw » January 17th, 2004, 2:10 pm

Hi Shawna,

I am enjoying reading your up to the minute post, starting tomorrow, keep posting. ;)
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room