Supplement Question

Add your favorite recipes.

Supplement Question

Postby mytime » June 30th, 2005, 9:12 pm

I was wondering if it is ok to add a Fast Soup to a meal replacement soup. I did this with the chicken and rice but was wondering if it was not balanced right - like Nancy says do not save up your food- or ok because the Fast Soup is an extra ? It sure tasted good hence I am suspicious :) Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » June 30th, 2005, 10:29 pm

Dear MyTime ~

No worries about using the Fast Soup with a regular Medifast Meal Replacement soup - I do it all the time! It helps to enhance the flavor of the soup. I like the Robust Tomato added to the Homestyle Chili and to the Minestrone. I also use the Savory Beef in those two soups.

For maintenance, I stir fry mushrooms, garlic and onions in a skillet sprayed with Pam®, add some Tomato Fast Soup to a packet of Minestrone and garnish with broccoli and green beans or I add the stir-fried goodies to the Chicken With Wild Rice Soup and a packet of Delicate Chicken Fast Soup, curry powder and a bit of chopped cabbage. Look out, Julia Childs – it’s a gourmet feast!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mytime » July 1st, 2005, 9:12 pm

Nancy - thank you for your reply. I was wondering one more thing about your program in particular. I have about the same amount of weight to lose as you did. When did you start working out ? I am really worried about the extra skin. I have had 2 children in the last three years and while I have been as heavy as I am now in the past I have never been so out of shape. I was always big - but solid. Now I am just big. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » July 1st, 2005, 10:02 pm

Dear MyTime ~

Do you want the truth regarding my workout experience?

I did not work out one bit until I had been on maintenance for over a year and a half...

I do not enjoy sweating and one of the things that attracted me the most to the Take Shape For Life Program is that it does not require a lot of sweat equity to be a winner at the losing game.

I started working out in earnest just this year - in January. I use the treadmill 5x/week and do weight resistance 3x/week.

I would say that I am fairly active – during my weight loss program, I mowed and hand-trimmed the yard at our church and our own yard here at the MakeMeThinner cottage. I began to park the car farther away from the front door of the grocery store and the entrance to Wally World because it was easier for me to walk as my weight declined.

There are numerous postings regarding loose skin – do a search with the little clicky button up there at e top of the page.

I wish my upper legs, upper midriff area and arms were firmer but they are not hangy and ropy like people that have had gastric by-pass surgery. When I see women my age who have been of a normal weight most of their life and compare my body to theirs, there is not much difference in how my bod looks and how theirs looks.

I wore my size 4 red leather pants and tight-fitting black spandex shirt on the trip home from Utah – I got a lot of looky-loos as I walked through the airport – and it was because I look good, not bad in my clothes.

I always wear form-fitting slacks, jeans, sweaters, knit shirts, etc. BECAUSE I CAN!

For more than 40 of the 56.75 years of my life I was overweight or obese – I’m making up for the flabby years now while I may!

I’m lovin’ it!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby ladyhawke » July 9th, 2005, 6:39 pm

More great ideas and recipes, yum I love cabbage sauteed, not on maintenance yet but I will save this, thanks!
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » July 9th, 2005, 6:50 pm

Ladyhawke ~

Since cabbage is on the list of approved Lean and Green veggies for the 5/1 Program, you can stir fry it in a pan sprayed with non-stick spray and serve it with stir-fried chicken. Sometimes I bake it with a chicken breast on top of the shredded cabbage and some vinegar drizzled over the top. I wrap it in foil for about 30 minutes and uncover it for 10 minutes more - totally Lean and Green legal!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Lean Cuisine