Sunday Morning Roll Call December 18

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call December 18

Postby mytime » December 18th, 2005, 5:24 am

Good Morning Everyone !!!!! This week I avoided the 5lb box of See's Candy and managed to shake my way through my staff Christmas Party - tough but doable and rewarded ! I am down 2 pounds this week- 1 pound away from my revised Christmas goal and 5 pounds away from my monthly goal. This leaves me with 35 to go to goal and I could not be happier ! Hope everyone has an AMAZING WEEK !!!! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nicki » December 18th, 2005, 5:38 am

Way to go Mytime! After 13 weeks I'm down 51 pounds ... I'm so excited! Wasn't sure it was going to happen but auntie left yesterday so I had a mini-whoosh (1.6 lbs) this morning to give me to another 3 pound loss week. December has been a lot easier than I was expecting, but I have felt the need to avoid any foodie parties ... all the better for looking great at next year's gatherings!
Have a great week everyone and happy weighing!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Serendipity » December 18th, 2005, 6:23 am

Morning everyone. It's 2 pounds for me. I had fully intended on posting a 0 lb. week, cuz the scale wasn't budging, but low and behold, the scale gods came through and granted me 2. Nice way to start a day filled with grocery shopping and meal planning for Christmas, lol. You know, not losing was not a problem because I knew I was being honest with the program. Amazing, but I would have been ok with no loss! Sheezzzzz, what's happening to me????

Hope you all have a successful Christmas week.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby ljm498 » December 18th, 2005, 6:55 am

Mornin everyone! Hope you all have a great roll call today!

Mytime-way to hang tough this week! 2lbs, nice. And 35 to go! Whoooohoooooo!!! You're gonna be there in no time flat. Keep up the great work.

Nicki, 3lbs is awesome! Way to go!

Jo, 2lbs is awesome as well! It's great when at the end of the week you think it's going to be a bust and off comes 2lbs at the last second. That's a great feeling.

I'm down 1/2 lb this week and I'll certainly take it! I'm holding onto some unwanted water for some reason, hormonal I'm sure. So, hopefully this week it will balance out.

Good luck to everyone else and have a great Christmas week!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Lisa in NY » December 18th, 2005, 6:59 am

Down 3 lbs. this week which put me in the 40 lb. club!!! yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone else!

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Hyperion » December 18th, 2005, 8:00 am

Hi all,

First congratulations to everyone!

Lisa - I'll join your club real soon!!!!

ljm498 - May it be plateau or water retention, when the pounds drop off the feeling is sooooo great, just hang on to it!!

Serendipity - Wow, being able to accept a 0-pnd lost week is a great step towards success, and it's even better when you were ready to accept it and the scale made you a 2 pounds gift !!

Nicki - Glad to hear everything's going fine! If you need to avoid foodie parties, maybe you can expect some difficulties on Christmas party. However, if you can't avoid them, and you don't want to cheat too much, I can suggest you shake cookies, or oatmeal ones, reserve bars for these party times, or have a L&G and bring your own ingredients. I am presently trying to do this for my own parties :roll:

Mytime - Always nice to hear someone sayig "I'm meeting my goal!". Hang on, you're really doing good!

For my part, I lost 6 pounds this week (lol 5 pounds in 2 days after my mini-plateau), which brings the total to 38 pounds lost!!

Avg (day): 0.86 pound/day
Avg (week): 5.83 pounds/week

Oh, and for those of you who are curious, you can check the studio, I posted some pics of me!!

Have a great week, and looking forward for your results with Christmas!
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

g'morning

Postby LAwoman » December 18th, 2005, 9:11 am

Good morning fellow-MFers,

Great losses for all of you so far. Don't you just love the holidays rolling around and we're all getting lighter instead of putting on the "holiday pounds."

I'm down two pounds this week, each week getting a little closer to goal :lol:

Have a great week. See you all next week with further losses.
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby LoriO » December 18th, 2005, 9:30 am

Darn it! I am down 2.5 pounds this week which left me 1/2 pound short of the 50 pound club!!! :x Oh well, next week for sure!! The good news is, I have already surpassed my Christmas Challenge goal by 4.5 pounds! :D Congratulations to all on your wonderful losses!!! YAY for MF!!

Start Date 9/19/05
319/244.5/150
Lori
LoriO
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby big ron » December 18th, 2005, 10:54 am

Congrads to everyone this week. This is my first weigh in and I lost 5 lbs. A little disapointed I usually lose more on the first week but maybe my water was down? I do need to drink more water I have had a headache all week, Kind of like a hangover head ache. Glad to be part of this group.
Ron
:goteam:
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby LuzInIt » December 18th, 2005, 3:16 pm

Hi Everyone - I've been scarce around here for a while, but I'm still going strong on my program and my weight loss now stands at 115 pounds. I am working on my Medifast "testimony", trying to put it in some reasonable format that doesn't ramble on and on, which I do at times. I've also decided it's time to post the before/somewhat-after pix, even though I'm still 75 pounds from goal. What I do want to share is my incredible journey to good health. No more insulin-dependent diabetes, heart disease, hypothyroidism or neuropathy. During this busy CHRISTmas season (thank you, Nancy, for the oh so unsubtle reminded of why we celebrate this holiday!), I just don't have the time to get those pictures up and my story polished, but I'm committing to you all to do so early in January. There - I've made the promise - you may hold me accountable. All who have come before (and beside) me have been so inspirational - helping me to believe that it could happen for me too - that I know I owe a debt of inspiration to those who are yet to come. Wishing you all a successful journey through the holiday obstacle course (it appears we are all doing just fine), and a wonderful Christmas - I'm pretty sure I won't be back here next Sunday ;) .
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt

Postby Lisa in NY » December 18th, 2005, 4:17 pm

Hey big ron -

5 lbs. is FANTASTIC - doesn't matter that you're used to losing more - FIVE POUNDS IS ALOT TO LOSE IN ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do NOT like water - so I have a hard time drinking it every day - but it DEFINITELY makes a difference in the weight loss - so it's worth it - keep chugging that H2O.

I am totally impressed by all the people on here who are managing to stick to the program through the holidays - we truly all deserve kudos for that! Just think of the smile we'll have on New Year's Day knowing we are ALREADY living our resolutions, while everyone else is just beginning.

I will definitely check in sometime next Sunday - probably at night when the kids have opened all their gifts, and my company has all gone home - so I look forward to "meeting" everyone for Christmas messages next week - in the meantime, enjoy this last week of Advent and everyone have a blessed Christmas !

Lisa +
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » December 21st, 2005, 12:05 pm

LoriO ~

:x Dang!

Whazzis? :scratchhead:

Ya missed it by :whip: 1/2 lousy pound? :huh:

How about a haircut? :sadblue:

:angel: Didja already shave your legs?

:secret: or how about a suppository? :devious:

Just Kidding, Peeps! :couch:

I am so happy for all of you.

It is really :deadhorse: hard to stick to the program on any given day of the week or time of the year but this - this has gotta account for something to be flab-free during the HOLYdays! I mean it - you Kids rock!

:shock: Sheesh!
re:
This is my first weigh in and I lost 5 lbs.

Oh, yeah, too bad, Big Ron.

Five lousy pounds. In 7 days, right? :muahaha:

That stinks all right. :boohoo:

Come on, Buddy Boy! Last week you were five pounds heavier - take it!

Nicki - oh! 51 Pounds of flabber already? That's super duper! You have lost an industrial-size bag of sugar already and you are doing so great! :you:

MyTime, I am drooling all over my keyboard. See's Candy is my fave next to Joseph Schmidt truffles, that is...you have some kinda resolve to pass them by...

Seren, you're no DIPity! re:
not losing was not a problem because I knew I was being honest with the program.
remember this, Gentle Readers when plateaus occur - because they will - they happen to everyone. When you are honest with yourself, honest with the program - no extra bites, licks and tastes, weight loss happens, the flab melts away and we reach our goal and then STAY there! I am so happy that you were rewarded with that 2 pound loss - keep on going, Seren. We are proud of you! :coolnana:

Mrs. T ~ oh, wow! Hunny! You are looking Mah-vel-ous and every one ought to see you before you are a mere wisp of a woman!

Do you need to borrow a camera? Huh? (Folks, she and her hubby have a camera biz!!!)

We wanna see an updated up-close and personal picture of you, Cutie! All those medications outta your medicine cabinet and those nasty diseases in remission – whodda thunk? A year ago, you had fewer years left and they were not very high quality either – but look at you now, Girlfriend! You must have to slap Larry daily to keep his hands offa you at the office –

Thank you, Medifast for all those wonderful hands-on experiences that my fellow and fellowette losers experience as a result of our weight loss!

Happy week, Merry CHRISTmas and happy NEW life everyone!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Roll Call