O.K. I'm STUCK

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

O.K. I'm STUCK

Postby Jan » May 2nd, 2005, 10:28 am

I know there is something terribly wrong with my scale -- I think its stuck :x :x It couldn't be that I've been the same weight for the last 2 weeks :? :? But alas I think that might be the problem. I know I'm not fond of that old scale anyway so I'm going to ignore, avoid and just pretend that it doesn't exist for three weeks -- then I'll give it anogther try. You'll all know if its still stuck cause you'll read in the news about a crazy lady who went even crazier and mutters to herself something about scales :twisted: :twisted: and weight and stuck as she throws every scale she sees thru the closest window!!!
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DonicaB » May 2nd, 2005, 11:17 am

Darn those scales. :x I know I have a love-hate relationship with my scales. I love 'em when they say what I want 'em to say, and hate 'em when they don't.

Maybe we should create scales that do what we tell them too?! Here's a question ..........if I make my scales say I am thinner, am I thinner? If there is no one there to see that I am fat, am I fat? If there is no one in the forest to hear a tree fall, does it still make a sound? :huh:

There's a good one about men still being wrong, but right now I can't remember it.

Jan, those scales will move. Your body must eventually let go of the fat. Your body is trying desperately to hang on to it, but you will win over. Keep your chin up (I know easier said than done.) We have all been there at least once, and we will probably be there again.

You're doing great, just hang in there.

DonicaB :kool:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby doglover » May 2nd, 2005, 12:08 pm

I agree w/ Donica Jan. It will move. The only other thing I can suggest is testing the scale to be sure it is calibrated correctly. And perhaps calling your HA to be sure all is a-ok with your plan. Tell her/him your schedule and be sure you are doing it right!

This too shall pass. Just don't give up!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 2nd, 2005, 3:51 pm

Jan..........NOW IS THE PERFECT TIME TO FETCH THE OLD SCALE and BUY THE TSFL DIGITAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......perfect timing........... :yay: .......Medifast to the rescue once again........ :yes: ......
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Stuck

Postby Jan » May 2nd, 2005, 4:01 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement -- I hate to admit this but I AM a health advisor so maybe I should'nt have admitted my frustration with the scale-- but then sometimes I'm too honest for my own good. The medifast scale sounds great -- I wish I could blame it on the scale but my engineer skinny husband has the most high-tec scale for me --does everything but lose the weight it even calculates my body fat UGH Accurate to the l00th of a pound :x :x I know you are all correct and this shall pass -- soon I'll be singing the praises of the scale (but probably not too soon!) ;) ;) ;)
Jan
Preferred member

Postby LilMsTexas » May 2nd, 2005, 4:13 pm

OMG a Health Advisor is HUMAN!! Somebody call the police........we have a live one here!!

hehe.....just kidding. I think it is AWESOME that our HAs are really working this program right along with us. Some are still losing and some are maintaining. So much better for all of us!!

And if you can stay off the scales for 3 weeks then YOU ARE QUEEN!! lol
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby doglover » May 2nd, 2005, 4:50 pm

I'm with you Christi (and SO GREAT to have you back girl, we missed ya ;) )! It is so nice to see that the HA's are "real" and struggling along with us! Thanks for being so honest Jan!

You'll get there! Keep shakin' :exercise:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 4th, 2005, 12:10 pm

OK Jan & gang, I took the plunge and ordered the medifast scales. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they are going to weight me higher than mine do........ I just know it..........so I am telling you right now, that I am going to have to readjust how much weight I will need to lose over all.

I am going to be OK with this........no, I am........because it does not change the fact that I have lost 18#. It just means I have more to lose than I originally thought. :(

DonicaB
Last edited by DonicaB on May 4th, 2005, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Oh those nasty scales

Postby Jan » May 4th, 2005, 1:27 pm

What to do?? The scales are really nasty and Honest -- we can ask others " Do I look like I'v e lost weight??" and if they're smart -- especially husbands or significant others they'd better say "Oh yes" :D But those nasty scales are sooo truthful that I avoid them. I still think I can tolerate a "reality check" only once a week at the most and I"m still staying away from the old nasties for another 2 weeks or so. I must admit though that this A.M. I did say to my husband "oh look my bathrobe -- one with a zipper up the front-- isn't tight -- I must have lost weight and he wisely agreed 8) 8)
Jan
Preferred member

Postby fatBgone » May 4th, 2005, 1:28 pm

Oh Donica - don't say that!!! :( I ordered the MF scale too, but I didn't even think of it reading differently - especially more...YIKES!!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 4th, 2005, 1:51 pm

Oops, sorry Lisa. I have just read others stating how they bought new scales and lo and behold they weighed more on other scales.

I didn't mean to cause a YIKES! :mrgreen:

I'm sure your scales are weighing correctly Lisa, so don't worry about it. I just have a pitiful me attitude. :(

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » May 4th, 2005, 1:57 pm

Lisa....&....Donica...............In the begining of starting MF I bought a basic digital much like the TSFL one.....it did weigh higher...... :( .......HOWEVER.....once I digested the number I have to say...I LOVE the scale..... :D .......extremly accurate.........no wasting my time jumping on multiple times to see if I get a better reading.... :no: .......no anxiety attack before hopping on......it gives me the same reading if I step on 2 mins later..............in the past I have been somewhat obsessive about scales.......finding the exact one that will register my exact weight........so keep in mind........even if it's slightly higher at first it will be a comfort to know it is correct............. :yes: ........and Donica your right......it doesn't change the amount you have lost...... :yay: .....and on a positive note.........maybe it will weigh less than your currant one.........now that will make your purchase all the more sweeter............. ;)
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room