Stuck already

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Stuck already

Postby Mickeyz » May 1st, 2007, 1:01 pm

I am on day 17 and the scale has not budged an ounce in 5 days! :cry: It seems so early to be stuck. I lost 10 lbs in the first 12 days. I am being very compliant. I don't even have a bar every day. No extra condiments or snacks and about 80-90 oz of water a day. I have been gardening every day the last few days for a couple hours but it isn't too vigorous.

I am feeling somewhat discouraged and would like to hear the experiences of all of you that have been at this longer.

Three years ago when I lost 45 lbs on MF I was virtually living in a hotel because I was out of town on a consulting job for 10 weeks. I only came home every 2-3 weeks so I didn't have constant access to a scale. Now I can't resist the scale and weigh every morning when I wake up. I lost that 45 lbs in about 11-12 weeks but I couldn't tell you how consistant the weight loss was, except my Mom and hubby always noticed a change when I came home.

Thanks for any feedback. I know this works, it is just a little daunting sometimes when there isn't any proof on the wicked scale. :twisted:
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » May 1st, 2007, 1:11 pm

There are lots of reasons for a "stall". Sometimes its our bodies adjusting from a quick loss over a short period. Sometimes, we don't fuel it properly and it wants to hold on to everything just in case....
Could you be spacing meals to far apart... or having your last one too early for when you have your first the next day. Just ideas, because it sounds like you are doing everything else right.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jan » May 1st, 2007, 2:33 pm

Hmmmm
Sounds like the good ole "week 3" to me :? For some reason .. I've seen it happen again and again .. our bodies just decide not to part with the pounds during week three :x Don;t worry it happens to lots and lots of us ... but then we go right on to week four and most times our bodies start parting with the pounds again. Sometimes during week three.. our clothes feel bigger... but the scale stays the same ... gerrrr... Our bodies must be re-adjusting. I'm guessing ;) I even had one person tell me that she wasn't parting with any weight but the washer was streeeeetching her jeans ( only her jeans .. not her house mates) Hmmmm You'll make it .. you probably did it last time too .. but just have the scale around. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Pashta » May 1st, 2007, 4:03 pm

Hehe, it was week two for me both times I've done Medifast! ;) Last year I only lost .10 that week and this year only .80 that week.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » May 2nd, 2007, 3:25 am

Don't worry, Mickey. I went 14 days without losing during weeks 3 and 4, but I went on to lose it all and more. Just stick to it.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 2nd, 2007, 9:53 am

Mickey~ Same here.......I didn't lose during week 3. I also had a 10 day time period recently that I didn't lose anything.

Don't let it get you down. You will overcome if you stay compliant. You just have to be more stubborn than the scale. ;)

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 2nd, 2007, 6:34 pm

You can beat this silly scale! It's trying to play it's Jedi Mind tricks on you! Don't let it win! It's like a staring contest, I know you can beat it!

I agree with Mike, make sure you're spacing everything right and that your bod's not trying to hold onto everything for some reason, but this happens to many of us around this same time frame.

Defy the scale! You'll get through this with flying colors!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room