No Stranger to Medifast! Restart - Day 1

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

No Stranger to Medifast! Restart - Day 1

Postby Finding_Jen » January 17th, 2005, 8:04 am

Hi everyone! I want to introduce myself! I feel as if I know most of you, as I think I have read every post on these boards over the past two days or so.

I am Jen, from Indiana, a restarter to the program. I was on Medifast for appoximately 2 years, 2 years ago. I went to a dietician at our local doctor's office for it, for accountability. In the 2 years time, I took off 95 pounds! That's a whole lot of weight to lose. As you can see, over a two year period, I took my time doing it. You might be wondering why I am back as a restart. Hmmmmm well, I totally fell off the MF train and everything I learned during that two year period. (Time to justify! :lol: ) During the last two years, I went through a divorce, a hysterectomy and a gall bladder removal. I can make all the excuses in the book that I want, but bottom line is that I didn't follow through, therefore, I put the weight back on and then some.

I KNOW MF works, it worked for me, but I didn't follow through with anything after all my stressors in my life. Especially the gall bladder surgery, EVERYTHING tasted good, therefore; I ate it, not in moderation at all.

I have restarted medifast as of today. While I was on with the dietician, the program was fairly different. I was still doing the Medifast 55's, but she only slotted out 3 a day and a lean and green meal daily. From what I have been reading here, it's more than 3 a day, more like 4 or 5. Hmmmm now I am confused!! :?

I am looking for major support as all of you are.

Oh, by the way, I am 40, re-married, 3 children (ages 15, 14, 8 ) and work as an addictions counselor, of all things! :oops:

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Have a water filled day!

Jen
Finding_Jen

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » January 17th, 2005, 8:38 am

Hi Jen!
Welcome!!
I also was on MF in 2002 and lost a good deal of weight and then had a hysterectomy and got remarried and moved to small town Nebraska from my home and grown kids and grandkids in Ohio.
I too forgot along the way to make myself accountable and restarted my MF goals in October of 2004.
It does indeed work great and I am 60 pounds lighter as of this morning which is my 13th week today!
You can do it and as for eating the 5 MF meals and 1 lean green meal, it works great! Keeps the hunger away and your metabolism moving at a much more efficient rate!
I know you will do great!
There are so many more awesome MF foods now then there were 2 years ago,so you will be able to really enjoy 5 MF meals a day.
Good Luck and God Bless,
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Finding_Jen » January 17th, 2005, 8:53 am

Mary,

I saw your 60 # loss post! Congratulations! WEEEEEE.....I know you ahve to feel great about your accomplishment! I know I am excited for you.

Yes, I was seeing that there are more choices to choose from. I have to admit, I am partial to the Swiss Mocha shakes, but am thinking of trying the Orange/Pineapple and Bananna, mix them together for a fruity difference.

My daily schedule is difficult to get all the shakes in, especially if there are 5 of them. Will have to work around it somehow. Because quite frankly I am tired of being sick and tired about my weight. Proverbial bottom, I do believe.

I am looking forward to chatting with everyone here! I don't think this board was here in 2002. I needed it though!

I have the day off, therefore; more posts throughout the day.

Again, congrats on your accomplishment!!!!! And, thanks for the warm welcome!

Be blessed!!

Jen
Finding_Jen

Postby raederle » January 17th, 2005, 6:04 pm

Hi Jen, and welcoome! Sounds like you're an accomplished Medifaster, and wow-- to have done it with only three shakes a day??? You are an incredibly strong person! Those extra pounds will shrink-- both from MF and from fear of your dauntless willpower!

I agree with you that this board is awesome-- it has made all the difference for me, and I'm sure it will be an invaluable resource for you, too. We're glad to have you, and glad to welcome you back to MF after a couple of awful years. What better time to start thinking of yourself again, after making it through those trying times... If you can make it through divorce, two major surgeries, and a remarriage while still keeping yourself sane, you can do anything!!! :mrgreen:

Cheers, and welcome!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.