stepped on scale to early

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

stepped on scale to early

Postby bpecan » January 29th, 2004, 9:28 am

Well guys here i go again, its me butterpecan, i started the program on a monday and said i wouldnt step on the scale until sun nite before bed, well it got the best of me (along with some constant prodding from a friend) and i stepped on that darn scale wed and to my dismay i hadnt lost a pound, i get a little more discouraged when i see other people post how they have lost 2 or 5 or more in a week and here i m still the same. I always felt i was doing the program wrong (if u read my other post u will see how i had been doing it), and since no weight loss i was sure i was doing it wrong...so today i am trying a different approach. I had one shake already, getting ready for a bowl of chicken noodle soup, then i will have another shake at 130 or 2pm lean green at 5pm shake at 8, that is only 4 supplements for today i hope that is enough. I have called my health advisor so much that i dont want to call her anymore this week (dont want to be a pest), so if there is anyone in the houston area let me know and maybe we can exchange numbers so i can have a local buddy to talk to. I dont know what i did wrong but it wont let me send this msg under my user name which is butterpecan
bpecan

Postby finalstraw » January 29th, 2004, 9:36 am

I think you are supposed to have at least 3 shakes by 2pm, but not sure.

I am doing the full fast, only shakes.

About you weight loss or lack thereof. Hang in there, you might have a sudden loss. I am on day 12 and I have not lost anything for 3 days now :cry: , but I know that I will eventually. We have to, we are drastically decreasing our calories and carbs, the weight will come off.

There may be things that causing you to retain water, that will fluctuate the scales faster than anything.

Take measurements today, then take them again in a few days. That will be the most accurate test of whether or not you are shrinking, that is our goal, to SHRINK.

Hang in there and keep typing. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Kimbob » January 29th, 2004, 9:37 am

No weight shown on the scale in the first three days doesn't mean you haven't been doing the program correctly - it takes three days for your body to go into ketosis and get into fat burning mode. Keep it up - come Sunday night you'll see those pounds gone!

Kimbob the Confident
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 30th, 2004, 3:45 am

I second the mentions above and yes, THREE (3) shakes per day plus two other supplements and/or, if you choose, a lean and green meal. Three of you (total) meals should be before 2:00 pm if you work a normal schedule.

It is REALLY important to get three shakes in and at least two other "meals" (shake/supplement/lean-green). 1) going so far below 500 calories a day is not safe and will not be productive in losing weight. 2) Three shakes a day help ensure you are getting a minimum of soy protein. 3) Spacing them out every three or four hours in critical in maintaining blood sugar levels and allowing your body to let go of the fat! If you go too long without a shake or supplement, you can throw your weight loss off.

206ish/188/127
1/14/04
Spend a little time going through older posts on these boards and check out tips on how many shakes and when to have them. Also, be sure to look in the FAQ for Starting Out.

I also dropped the money for "Success in a Shaker Jar". Most of my information has come from the boards but the book is very informative and has been invalueable as a guide book, a reminder, and a reference book. You can order it when you order your shakes.

And don't fret...you WILL lose weight! :D
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby sher » January 30th, 2004, 7:16 am

HEY, DON'T DO WHAT I DID...STAY OFF THAT SILLY SCALE.....NOW I AM ON DAY 12, AND AFTER DAY 7, NO LOSS FOR 3 WHOLE DAYS...THEN WHALAH......ANOTHER LOSS, I WAITED A COUPLE OF DAYS TO WEIGH AND LOST 2 MORE POUNDS...MY 2 WEEKS WILL BE THIS MONDAY AFTER A SUPER BOWL PARTY....BUT I WILL MAKE IT... I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU SHOULD NOT WEIGH ONLY ONCE A WEEK....I KNEW I WAS OK, I HAD NOT CHEATED , BUT IF YOU TEND TO GET DISCOURAGED, EVEN A TINY BIT....DON'T HURT YOURSELF....YOU DESERVE TO WAIT AND BE EXTREMELY EXCITED WHEN YOU DO...TRUST ME, ITS NOT WORTH IT TO WEIGH THAT OFTEN....ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GREAT SCALE...I HAVE TOLD EVERYONE THAT I BOUGHT THE WW ONES ON HSN.COM..THEY ARE AWSOME AND NEVER BOUNCE AROUND LIKE THOSE OTHER SO CALLED GREAT ONES...BAH....SINCE YOU ARE INVESTING IN YOURSELF, INVEST IN THESE SCALES...THISWORKS ITS JUST THAT SIMPLE....YOU GO GIRL...DON'T WORRY, TAKE IT SLOW, AND BE GOOD TO YOURSELF, WE DID NOT GAIN THIS FAT OVERNIGHT, BUT WE WILL TAKE IT OFF FASTER HERE, DOING THIS THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE...NOW PICTURE YOURSELF THIS SUMMER...NO MORE HUGE T-SHIRTS, NO MORE KNIT PANTS, HOW ABOUT A NICE PAIR OF REAL JEANS AND A LITTLE CUTESY SHIRT... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT GIRL...

HUGS
SHER
starting again at 196
going for white pants AGAIN...lol....
goal - when I LOOK and FEEL good

God bless us all
Sherry
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss