Starting second month

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Starting second month

Postby Grandmom » October 1st, 2006, 10:38 am

Well, I'm into my second month and have lost 15 lbs. which is great for me. Since I just turned 60, weight seems to be stuck like glue to my middle so it's much harder for me to lose now than it was 20 years ago! Anyway, it's taken me a while to truly get organized with MF. I go out quite a lot with friends and family so have learned to recognize the "right" foods to order in restaurants and try to cut down on the portions. I'm slowly trying all the MF foods and so far, the only things I don't like are the bars. I thought I would love them but in a way, I'm glad because they seem to be the most dangerous for carbs and calories. I was looking on the Swap board for some of that vanilla/blueberry oatmeal that is no longer made - does anyone have any ? If so, please let me know. There's no question, this diet does work. Good luck everyone.
Grandmom
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » October 1st, 2006, 10:50 am

You go!! I am starting month two as well!! Hang in there and take it one day at a time. You are doing fantastic!!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby JKSRN » October 1st, 2006, 11:16 am

Congrats, Grandmom, you are doing great! On the 5-1 plan, it is really easy 'fitting in' restaurant meals into the program. The Lean and Green meal can be switched to either breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and most restaurants have offerings that fit our program. ;) Continued success is wished for you! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby marge » October 1st, 2006, 11:43 am

congrats Grandmom...I hear what you saying about as we get older it is so much hard to take the weight off and everything goes to the belly.

I am not a grandmom but wish I were. My kids dont seem to have kiddies in the immediate picture and I am 64...same age as Paul McCartney without his $$$$$$$$.

I did the MF program 2 years ago and it worked very well so I am back. I have switched to the L & Green program as I have the same problem eating out with my friends...hey it is one of the few social treats we have left as we age...eating out..not cooking ..

talk soon again

marge
rejoined 1/16/2008
marge
Preferred member

Postby JKSRN » October 1st, 2006, 3:33 pm

Grandmom and Marge, how well I can relate to what you both said, re: aging!!! I'm right there, too!! Come on, we are not getting older, we are just getting better, and passing all the masses as we spread our wings and fly right on by them, with our wisdom!!! Now, the sagging skin is another issue???!!!! :D Have a happy day! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby alohacate » October 2nd, 2006, 12:18 pm

YAY, Weigh to go!!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » October 2nd, 2006, 8:13 pm

:bravo:
Great job, Grandmom!