At a standstill :(

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

At a standstill :(

Postby FORMOMMY » April 6th, 2006, 7:08 am

I can hear all of you saying - don't worry...it will come off...you'll be surprised when all of a sudden you'll have a big loss......however, I still feel bummed. :cry:

I seemed to have hit a bump in the road. I haven't lost a thing since I hit the 36 pound loss on Monday. I know I shouldn't weigh every day but I am a slave to the scale (I'll admit it). I haven't changed anything and I am not taking any more meds (only Flonase for allergies which is a nasal spray). So I am a little confused as to why I wouldn't have lost SOMETHING by now. This is my 10th week and I've lost 36 pounds - which is averaging almost 4 pounds a week - until now!

I have all my water (120-160 ounces a day) so it isn't that. I guess I need to stop obsessing and just keep on doing what I'm doing. I had a mini goal to reach 40 pounds by Easter but I don't think that is going to happen.

Don't get me wrong - I am thrilled with my losses - just needed to vent to my MF friends. Thanks for "listening"
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 6th, 2006, 8:37 am

Go ahead and vent ... We've all been there. I weigh everyday too and I fluctuate so wildly that I don't worry about it until I hit day 7. If I haven't lost by then, then I get worried. Try to relax about it (I know, I know - easier said than done) b/c the weight WILL come off.

"Step away from the scale!"
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Pashta » April 6th, 2006, 9:00 am

Yep, if it bums you out then don't weigh every day, only weigh once a week and you'll have a nice pleasant surprise! :mrgreen:

Don't worry, it'll come off, you'll see!! :hug:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

Postby DogMa » April 6th, 2006, 9:17 am

Sigh. I show a loss MAYBE two days a week. Going a day or two without a loss is nothing, not even a plateau in my book. You really can't let the scale fluctuations bother you so much!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 6th, 2006, 9:38 am

I know you guys are right - I'm just being a big baby :oops: . I shall stop complaining now.
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Mom23 » April 6th, 2006, 9:45 am

Well, I made the :aarggh: BIG mistake of getting on the scale this morning... I'm still at the same weight as I was on Sunday! I decided that I'm not going to get upset :| -- most of my initial weight was probably water weight and now my body is trying to shed the fat -- and it's been there for a Looooong time, so it will take a little longer to get off. (I know with Medifast it doesn't take as long, but this answer is good for my little brain right now :nutz: ). Plus, I'm quietly chewing myself :coach: out for even stepping on the scale -- I promised myself that I wouldn't obsess -- so, I'm being punished for going against my original rule! :dooh:

Formommy, I am confident we will both have losses soon! Hide your scale -- only get on it once a week. :hide: (I just put my scale back in hubby's closet so I won't get on it ;) ). Sometimes I think the body just needs time to adjust to all that is going on -- then wham-o! We'll see a big drop! :boing: Just hang in there and keep on shakin' :cheermed:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Marseilles » April 6th, 2006, 10:33 am

Hide the scale!!! I dont know how you guys do it, when I was weighing it was very depressing more often than not. This time, I am not weighing myself at all and wont for at least another month. When I see my Dr. i will have her weigh me there. Then I will have a very clear picture of what I lost over three months. Dont let the scale get to you, it is only a number and a very small factore in overall health and well being!!!!
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » April 6th, 2006, 10:56 am

Trust me when I say don't let it get to you. I can weigh everyday Monday through Thurs and no loss at all and then when I weigh on Sunday it is like klabam a 4-5 pound drop!

Keep the Medifaith...the scale will drop!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 6th, 2006, 11:22 am

I really wish I could not weigh in every day but I am better than I used to be...When I was a stay-at-home Mom, and I was on WW, I'd weigh myself at least 3 times a day.....I was a crazy woman! :eyecrazy:

At least now I only weigh in the morning - nekked as a jay bird!!! But obviously, I need to say bye bye to Mrs. Scale until Sunday before I throw it out the window or do something I will regret. :shock:

THanks all.
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

(((HUGS)))

Postby Ginabobina1969 » April 6th, 2006, 12:30 pm

Michelle..I just wanted to send hugs..I am struggling with the same phenomenen. The no loseing, scale controlling low-down blues. :lol:

I am a daily weigher too and this week has been very frustrating because even tho I am 100%compliant I cut out all snacks and no bars and still instead of going down that daggone scale actually went up 2 pounds. :x
Yesterday I cut out adding any salt to my soup and upped my water pretty dramatically and was down .6 this morning :roll:

That did it, I went back to bed this morning after taking the kids to school and slept and slept and slept. Really, I just got up at 2:30 pm :shock:
And, that crazy scale showed 2.1 lb loss!!

I have noticed before that when I go to bed at a normal time..unlike lately..where its 12:30 or 1:00am, that I will lose more quickly. Maybe our bodies just need that time to process all the water and flush out the fat.??

My advice, is SLEEP away the pounds. :lol: LOL

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 6th, 2006, 12:45 pm

Hi Michelle :hugblue: I'm sorry that peskey scale is being so darn stubborn!!! You've been doing great and with 36 pounds gone, you can still easily make 40 by easter! I'm routing for you to do it.
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 6th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Gina - I love that - SLEEP away the pounds. I would surely love to do that!!! Being a working Mama doesn't allow for much sleep time. I sure do miss being a stay-at-home Mama.

Joyce - thanks for routing for me - I haven't given up on my mini goal yet :)

I really do know that everyone that has posted is right. We just have those times when the scale just doesn't cooperate or those times when we are hungrier than others and we just have to deal with it.

This will probably be more info than you guys really want to know but I am going to share a little here. Like a lot of you, I am an emotional eater from way back. I have gained and lost and gained my entire life. When I got married back in 1994 (I was a late bloomer :) ), I was 230ish but my 170 pound husband (and that is soaking wet) thought I was beautiful and loved me anyway. So again, I did the dieting yo-yo thing and right around when we adopted our second daughter, I joined WW and lost 45 pounds. I was about 202 at that point and thrilled. And then it happened.....

My husband is a construction worker and has always had issues with his back. There were times throughout our lives where he would be out of work for a few weeks due to his bad back but always bounced back. He was 80% in pain all the time but is a very tough man and worked through it. He worked hard enough so that I could quit teaching so that we could adopt 2 little girls from China and stay at home to take care of them. Well, back in April 2003 his back went out for the final time. He could no longer work (he was 39 yrs old) and because he was laid off the day before he hurt himself, we were able to collect unemployment (what a blessing that was). We kept waiting for him to recover and go back to work.

Well, it was obvious that wasn't going to happen and I now had to face going back into the work force - not as a Christian school teacher (because that really doesn't pay well monetarily) but as a professional in the corporate world (I used to work as a contracts administrator before I taught third grade). I cried and cried because I did not want to leave my babies (they were 3 and 4 then). But I had to do what I had to do. So the Lord blessed me with a very good job and a descent pay. But now I was the only breadwinner and still had to take care of my husband and my kids and a full time job and church responsibilities. It was really tough for the first year.

After the first year the girls were in school and my husband got well enough to be able to at least make dinner and take care of the girls pretty well after school. He couldn't clean or do laundry or anything like that but he could shop for food and make dinner - that was a great help!! But unfortuantely being supermom caused me to emotionally eat myself up to 275 pounds.

It is funny because I trusted in the Lord for the finances and my family to be alright but I couldn't let go of the emotional hold food had on me. I am not sure what changed but toward the end of last year I knew that I had to do something and do it fast. My blood tests were not good and I was always tired. I still had all the responsibilites and my family counting on me but I just couldn't face it any more. I was tired and just wanted to get off the roller coaster ride that I was on. I needed to be healthier for my kids and my husband but especially for ME!!!

That is when I found out about Medifast from a friend at church. She looked amazing and I asked her secret. It was the answer I needed. It was expensive but my husband said we would make it work. It has been really good for me not only for the loss of weight but for the energy that I needed to keep going in my hectic life. However, that tendency to emotionally eat or beat myself up if I don't lose like I think I should, rears its ugly head every once in a while. :x That is why I love this board. It not only makes me accountable but allows me to express my thoughts and fears and frustrations to people who most likely understand exactly what I am talking about.

Thank you all for indulging me in this memory lane post and for letting me air post my thoughts. I actually feel better just writing this down. It is a brief synopsis of what I have had to go through over the past few years and especially the last 3; but it is a window to why you will see me beat myself up over no losses when I should just be happy and pleased with myself for where I have come.

Thanks again for letting me ramble on.............
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Pashta » April 6th, 2006, 1:53 pm

Michelle, glad to hear your story. :hug:

You can do it, do it for yourself AND for your kids. :) You are doing so great, I am amazed at your 35 pound loss, that is a LOT for only a couple of months!! Think about it!! :thumbup:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

Scale

Postby Jan » April 6th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Hmmmm,
That nasty old scale again. :x Last time I posted about this and said that I hid my scale in the closet for three weeks it caused a small uproar!!
But I did. Our bodies adjust as we progress on the weight loss journey. It is pretty normal to slow a bit at about the 40 pound mark. That doesn't mean it will be sloooow from now on -- just that this is about the time when your body adjusts again. Just keep on being very compliant, stay off that scale if you can, and know that once again you'll be parting with those pesky pounds :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby sheila » April 6th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Dont worry, like evryone else said...you will lose. It just takes some of us a little longer. I know in the beginning my lbs were just flyin off, now Im only seeing maybe a pound a week. But I am faithful it will pick up again....soon hopefully! Last week I didnt lose anything, and I did everything by the book, I was so discouraged, I thought about going to Burger King and get my favorite...the original chicken sandwich with cheese. But luckily, that thought passed and I ventured back into reality. Anyways, just hang in there!
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.