At a standstill :(

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby FORMOMMY » April 7th, 2006, 5:54 am

Thank you all - you are the best!

Vicky, Thank you especially for your kind words and your insightfulness. I agree that I need some "me" time and you are right that it isn't possible right now. I don't see my girls enough as it is; so I feel really guilty taking any of my so called free time away from them. I have in the morning when I drive them to school (about 30 minutes to our church's Christian school) and IF I make it home on time, about 30 minutes to get them showers, brush teeth, do family devotion, prayer and kisses. I miss that part of the day a lot it seems. So if I get home and they are already in bed - I miss alot. So Saturday and Sunday is my only time with them - and Sunday is church day so we are busy on that day.

So you are right - me time isn't in the equation; but I don't mean to sound like I am complaining. I love my family and I feel so good that I have been able to provide for them (through the Grace of the Lord). And I also agree that we sometimes need earthly help from time to time to help us through the difficult moments of our lives. I get my strength from the Lord but I sometimes need a hug or a listening ear.

What a wonderful thing to know that we can come here and people actually care about us - and we don't even know each other! There is a connection here that is like no other one I've ever seen. I thank God every day for being able to "meet" you people and only pray that I can be of comfort to one of you all at some point in our journey.

This is a new day and I am going to take this day and not worry about yesterday or tomorrow. I WILL NOT BEAT MYSELF UP if I don't lose anything this week....well.....I'll ty ;)

Have an Blessed Day everyone! :angel:
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Crystal » April 7th, 2006, 11:45 am

Michelle, from one busy mom to another...I understand where you are coming from.

Although our situations are different, the end result is very similar. I stay at home all day with our 5 kids (all under 8yrs old) homeschooling the 2 oldest. I also work for my husband's businesses. I am able to work from home, but the work still has to get done. And I also have to fit in church activities and time with our families and friends. I spend the majority of my time just meeting their needs so that most days I really don't feel like I have time to just enjoy time with my kids. I want more time. I feel so indadequate. And, I feel like what I am doing is not getting done well; it can be very overwhelming some days.

My husband knows me better than I know myself. About a year or so ago, he started insisting that I take some "me" time, from time to time. He picks up on my "down on myself" times better than I do. At first, I resisted because I felt so selfish and even more guilty. It didn't do me any good, though, because he insisted even more. His theory is that if I don't take care of myself in all three areas (Physiscally, Emotionally and Spiritually) I will not be able to take care of anyone else or have as much to offer. Now (a year later) I know that just a little time can make a world of difference that affects how I see the everything around me, including myself. Sometimes, its just 30-45 min. But it gives me time to collect my thoughts and re-focus myself. He says that after I have had that time, I am not only more fun to be around, I am also more effecient and energetic, and not as hard on myself. I can see more clearly what I am doing well, and what needs to be improved. It's kind of like a mini vacation, sometimes once a week, others once a month, as needed!

To see your stats, you are doing very well, and you are to be congratulated for that!! I have to keep telling myself that the numbers on the scale are only 1 way to measure what is going on inside my body. Much the same way as standardized test results for kids in school measure what is going on in the classroom. We all know that there are many other ways to measure success. Most importantly, I am sticking to a "healthy eating" plan. This is the biggest change in me, and my success in this change cannot be measured by the scale! THIS is the major accomplishment!! It can only be measured by what I put in my mouth every hour of every day. I am consciously choosing to eat only what I am supposed to! Eventually the scale will reflect the choices I have made! Please don't be discouraged by the numbers - you are doing it!!! Inside, your body is changing daily, becoming more healthy and clearing out the fat stored inside of it. Just as it sometimes takes others a while to notice the changes happening inside of us, so it is with our scales. They are only one tool that we can use to measure our success on this plan.

I don't know any of your particulars as far as your work schedule or what time your girls go to bed, or how much your husband is able to help with the girls, but see if there is any time for yourself in your week, even if it is at lunch, or after the kids are in bed. It may help your frame of mind in a way that would be worth the "stretch" of adding it into an already very busy day.

I know that this was problably way too long, but I saw a bit of myself in your post and felt compelled to share. I hope you don't mind. ;)
Crystal
Crystal

Postby FORMOMMY » April 7th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Crystall, I totally don't mind the length of your post. It was very encouraging and I know that you are right. You have a wonderful husband there!!! He's a keeper! :D

My husband tells me all the time what your husband has said to you. I guess I should listen to him. It is funny, I am submissive to his leadership in our family in so many ways; yet I won't listen to him when it concerns me. Crazy! I will try harder to make a little time for myself and not feel guilty about it. If I feel guilty I will tell myself - well Crystal does it! HA!

You certainly do have your handsful - no one can accuse you of having idle hands. My little ones go to bed at 7:00p - I am so busy at work that I rarely get to leave at 5:30p when every one else does. I work in the Executive Area and most of the time we are all here late. If I leave at 5:30p on the dot, I can get home by 6:00p and it gives me a tad bit more time with them. But if I leave like I usually do, I am either just walking in the door at 6:45 and rushng them around to get their teeth brushed, etc. that I barely have time to see how their day was. Never mind the nights I get home well after 7:00p. So that is why any "free time" that I have I feel should be with them.

But I do understand as your husband said that I need to take care of me in those 3 ways or I will be no good to anyone.

Thanks again for your words and encouragement. It is nice to know that you aren't alone in this crazy world we call Motherhood!

God Bless you Crystal and I pray that the Lord sends a special blessing to you for your time and consideration to another sister in the Lord.
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Previous

Return to Come on in.