A spoon full of syrup makes the Medifast go down...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

A spoon full of syrup makes the Medifast go down...

Postby Ellen » October 22nd, 2003, 8:28 pm

OK, my Davinci Sugar Free syrups have finally arrived and as promised, I'm coming back to tell you all what I think.

I think YUMMY!

These things are excellent! I got:
Chocolate
Caramel
Orange
Cherry
Root Beer

Here are my recipes so far:
Super Chocolate Shake:
6 ounces water
1 Medifast Dutch Chocolate Shake Mix
4 Large Ice Cubes
1 squirt Chocolate Davinci Sugar Free Syrup.

Blend till smooth --- very yummy!

I did the same thing but added half chocolate syurp and half caramel and had a wonderful Milky Way Shake.

I'm planning on trying Cherry Vanilla Shakes, Double Orange Shakes, Orange Creamsicle shakes (orange syurp and vanilla shake), Black Forest Shake (chocolate shake and cherry syrup).

I also have to try the chocolate shake with a dash of peppermint (thanks Susan!!!) and I have to try Unca's recipe for the Lemon shake (I looove lemon), later I might order some coconut syrup and invent the Mounds shake. So many flavors, so little time.

This is fun!

PS: on a side note. I tried the Medifast Chocolate Mint Bars and they are beyond excellent! We're talking Girl Scout Cookies here! I'm going to have to save those puppies for only twice a week or so.

Have a great shakin day everyone!!
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

sugar free syrups

Postby susan » October 25th, 2003, 3:14 pm

:?: Ellen, what is the address to order these syrups ? I;d like to order some of them susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Donna501 » October 25th, 2003, 5:46 pm

I agree, what is that website. I would love to try them.. I tried to mix the diet up this week and eat a small salad at night with my family at dinner time, well this week I lost alot less weight.So no more of that. Im back to shakes!!!!!!!!!
Donna501
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Ellen » October 25th, 2003, 8:09 pm

I ordered the syrups directly from the manufacturer, although there are other distributors that have them slightly cheaper. Not all of the distributors have all the flavors. I am also told that these can be found in some grocery stores, specialty shops and coffee places. The syrups were originally developed as flavoring for coffee, but they work great in the shakes. When mixing more than one type of syrup in the shakes, others have told me that they can get too sweet. If that happens they suggest adding a pinch of salt. So far, everything I've tried has been great. The chocolate syrup in the Dutch Chocolate shake is my favorite, but it is nice to have variety.

The web site for the syurps:
www.davincigourmet.com

Make sure you get the sugar-free syrups, they have a line of syrups with sugar too and that won't work with the diet.
Ellen

Postby Unca_Tim » October 26th, 2003, 11:16 am

Do you have the Medifast Recipe Guide Ellen?
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Unca_Tim » October 26th, 2003, 11:19 am

Donna,

You can try some Crystal Light until you get some syrups...
I put a couple recipes in the "Lean Cuisine" topic.
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Donna501 » October 26th, 2003, 2:06 pm

I will have to try the Crystal Light idea. I am gonna try to get some of those others too. The only shake I am not crazy about is the orange-pineapple. It is not bad, but im just not crazy about it.
I had did the Atkins diet before I went on the Medifast. I had lost 15lbs, then started this. So in 3 months time I have lost 26lbs. But Medifast is much better for me. But I am still looking for someone to come up with the Mcdonalds flavored shakes for me :twisted: .
Donna501

Postby Donna501 » October 26th, 2003, 2:26 pm

:shock: I just made a shake with Crystal Light. I have a smoothie maker type blender. I put the stuff in the blender, ran to the bathroom and came back. UUUUMMM I had whip cream. The shake has been whipped so light and fluffy. Just like whip cream. And it seems to be growing too. Im drinking and drinking and it is not going down. I could be here all night. :wink: :wink: PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN USING A SMOOTHIE MAKER, CONTENTS ARE UNDER PRESSURE!!!! HA HA
Donna501

Postby Ellen » October 27th, 2003, 5:00 am

Hey Donna -- sounds like you got a lava shake going there!

Unca -- I don't have a recipe guide, guess I'll have to check that out with my next order.

I'm kind of a picky eater and am a little nervous about trying new things. I still haven't tried all the flavors of syrups that I bought yet, but slowly I will. I really like the Chocolate syrup. The Orange is OK, but to be honest I prefer Nancy's suggestion on mixing it with the soda. The best Orange shake that I've had to date is 6 ounces Diet Orange Sunkist, 1 packet Orange Medifast shake, 4 large ice cubes. Blend all in blender till ice is gone. The Diet Sunkist actually gives more good orange flavor than the syrup. I was worried about putting the soda in the blender, but it wasn't a problem at all.

I haven't tried the crystal light yet, but I did try using sugar free Kool-Aid before my syrups came in and I wan't crazy about that.

I'm really happy with the flavors that I have discovered, and I'll post more as I try them.

Have a great shaking day everyone!!
Ellen

Return to Weight Loss