does medifast contain any sugar/corn syrup/etc??

Questions/Comments about Ordering Products.

does medifast contain any sugar/corn syrup/etc??

Postby rccola1979 » January 2nd, 2006, 9:15 am

I can't find an ingredients list for any medifast food and was wondering about its ingredients. I have a condition which does not allow my body do digest sugar properly causing my weight to soar w/just a little.

Also, in reading posts to answer questions about Medifast 980, I realized some people haven't actually looked at their site befopuranswering. You can purchase 4 weeks and get the 5th week free, spending about $1.51/meal and get free shipping, this adds up to $275 for 5 weeks
rccola1979

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 2nd, 2006, 10:21 am

Heya! :)

If you go to the Medifast official site (www medifast1 com), click on the "Shop" banner at the top, then a product name, and then, "Download nutrition facts" on the left side, bottom orange text under product photo, you'll get a PDF document listing lots of things, including the ingredients at the bottom of page one.

But the short answer to your question is, yes, there is sugar in the regular sweetened products, but much less in the Diabetic formulations.

Example:

Medifast 55 Banana Blitz shake: 9 g. Sugars per serving. Includes fructose, sweet dairy whey, maltodextrin, acesulfame potassium (non-nutritive sweetener), corn syrup solids = the sweet stuff in regular shakes.

Medifast Plus for Diabetics, Chocolate shake:
5 g. Sugars per serving. Includes fructose, sweet dairy whey, acesulfame potassium.

So... depending on how little sugar you can have, you may be able to use the diabetic line of Medifast.
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » January 2nd, 2006, 11:23 am

Hi Rccola1979,

You can also find that info here:
[url=http://www.makemethinner.com/pdf/nutritionguide.pdf]
Medifast Nutrition Guide[/url]
[url=http://www.makemethinner.com/pdf/productprofile.pdf]
Medifast Product Profile[/url]
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~