Spicy Garlic Shrimp -- For Lean 'n' Green

Add your favorite recipes.

Spicy Garlic Shrimp -- For Lean 'n' Green

Postby 24KaratGold » March 18th, 2005, 8:16 pm

I thought I'd share this recipe, because it's legal for lean and green, and absolutely wonderful IF you like shrimp AND spicy things.

Ingredients:

Requisite number of shrimp (the original recipe is scaled to using 12 jumbo shrimp, but I used half a pound of the medium shrimp) peeled, deveined, with the tails intact

2 Tbs olive oil (not really, but it's here for historical authenticity. I just spray the pan with Pam)

2 cloves garlic, crushed with the side of a knife

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1 teaspoon steak seasoning (Montreal Seasoning by McCormick is recommended; you can use salt and pepper if you want but the seasoning is good)

1 teaspoon zest of lemon (again for historical authenticity, but I leave this out because I don't care for pieces of lemon zest in my food)

2 teaspoons lemon juice (I actually just squeeze half a lemon over the pan)

1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (makes it prettier, but not an absolute necessity to the recipe)

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. If you are using Pam, spray it well first. If you are on maintenance and using olive oil, let the pan heat then put in the oil. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and shrimp, and then sprinkle the seasoning on it. Cook shrimp three minutes or until just pink. (Note: I buy the already-cooked shrimp and just leave 'em in the pan for awhile, but the recipe was originally written for using raw shrimp).

Toss with lemon zest, juice, and chopped parsley.

I made this tonight, and after I squeezed the lemon over the top I added a couple drops of Mongolian Fire Oil, and stirred the whole thing together with a wooden spoon, letting it mix in for a minute or two.

I had to fight the teenagers off -- they loved it.

After I took the shrimp out of the pan, I sprayed a little more Pam in it (leaving all the garlic and peppers and stuff in it) and tossed some sliced zucchini in and pan-fried the zucchini, flipping the slices over once, for a few minutes. The boys loved that, too, and it's often hard to get them to eat zucchini.

It tastes too good to be legal!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby shirley » March 19th, 2005, 3:36 am

Thanks a lot for the recipe with the shrimp it sounds like something I would enjoy. can't wait to enjoy. :lol:
shirley
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby TamiL » March 19th, 2005, 4:18 am

24-
That sounds DELICIOUS!! I am a seafood lover...would eat it every day if I loved to cook that much!! but SHRIMP is my favorite...and scallops! Ill have to whip it up and give it a taste!! ;)

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » March 21st, 2005, 3:00 pm

Sounds so good!

I like to use Old Bay seasoning on shrimp, too.

Shrimp is an excellent protein source - very low in calories and virtually fat free.

Watch your Fire Oil - it is usually Sesame oil and I know it takes but a tiny bit but for weight loss, limit your fats.

Thanks your sharing your recipe, 24 Karat!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine