Soy crisps are the best thing ever.

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Soy crisps are the best thing ever.

Postby ascicles » May 17th, 2006, 12:52 pm

I bought some soy crisps the other day (a different brand, but the same nutritional facts), and they make for an awesome mid-day treat.

The kind that I bought are rather thin and taste like a mix between potato chips and popcorn. Really, really, good.

I just bagged up a lot of them in little ziploc bags. I think I may start using these as a mid day treat. I may even replace my daily bar with a shake.

The best part is that the version I'm using is actually better (nutritionally) than the Medifast version.

Medifast - -

Calories: 60-70
Total Fat: 2 grams
Saturated Fat: 0 grams
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 95-210 mg
Potassium: 0 mg
Total Carbs: 7-8 grams
Dietary Fiber: 1 gram
Sugars: 1-2 grams
Protein: 4-5 grams
Vitamins & Minerals: 0-4% daily value

The version I am using is based on 20 crisps, so I cut that in half. After dividing their facts in half, I get the following...

Calories - 55 (for the BBQ kind, white cheddar is 50)
Total Fat - 1g
Saturated Fat - 0g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 80mg
Total Carbs - 8.5g
Dietary Fiber - 1g
Sugars - 1g
Protein - 3.25g

I will share the brand name if it's allowed, but I don't want to post something if it's not allowed. I have some of the Medifast brand ordered, so I plan on comparing them to see which ones I like better.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby supermom » May 17th, 2006, 1:02 pm

The ranch is REALLY good. I was not too impressed with the white cheddar or the apple cinamon. I probably will buy some of the ranch.
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 17th, 2006, 2:22 pm

I put one of each on my monthly autoship order...but they're not here yet. I'm really worried about it because I'm one of those "no one can eat just one...bag" type of girls!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Hi

Postby ascicles » May 17th, 2006, 2:52 pm

dede4wd wrote:I put one of each on my monthly autoship order...but they're not here yet. I'm really worried about it because I'm one of those "no one can eat just one...bag" type of girls!

DeDe

I just ordered a new shipment with a box of the ranch version. Hopefully they will include a sample of one of the other kinds as well.

I ordered from the Medifast site on Saturday, but for some reason they haven't shipped my order yet.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby supermom » May 17th, 2006, 3:24 pm

I had that problem too. That is why I started ordering from my HA or her site. Also, if you don't get the sample, call and ask for one. I did, and they sent me a sample of all three flavors no charge. They were really nice about it. I just told them that we were told at MMT that we would be getting a sample with all of the May shipments, and they sent them right on out. I think, though, it depends on who you talk to. Some are much more accomodating than others. Oh well. Such as life!!
supermom

Postby ascicles » May 17th, 2006, 3:28 pm

supermom wrote:I had that problem too. That is why I started ordering from my HA or her site. Also, if you don't get the sample, call and ask for one. I did, and they sent me a sample of all three flavors no charge. They were really nice about it. I just told them that we were told at MMT that we would be getting a sample with all of the May shipments, and they sent them right on out. I think, though, it depends on who you talk to. Some are much more accomodating than others. Oh well. Such as life!!

Yeah, I think I need to start ordering through here...but I keep forgetting to sign up. I don't really want a health advisor though, so are you allowed to simply request not to have one?

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby supermom » May 17th, 2006, 3:32 pm

Well, just because you have a health advisor doesn't necessarily mean they will be calling and buggin you all the time. Bonnie, my HA, asked me how I wanted her to contact me, or if I wanted her to contact me at all. She was really nice about it. I just like the idea of having a HA to call in case of MF emergency. Plus, when I was going through my nightmare a couple weeks ago--I think it was all while you were in Vegas, it was nice to hear from her. I can call for immediate answers, or just email her. Plus, she helps me find all the discounts that are out there. But, I think you can just order from the mmt site and then you are automatically just sponsored by Nancy and Terry. Plus, if you have a problem with a shipment, you can call the HA and they might can get it fixed quicker than you can!
supermom

Postby ascicles » May 17th, 2006, 4:05 pm

I'm a little weird when it comes to things like that. I hate when people at restaurants or stores recognize me and try to talk. When it comes to buying something, I just want to get my product and get out.

Even just calling and someone referring me by name and trying to talk to me would annoy me. If they had a website that I could order through, that would probably be the best thing.

I really need to get on the auto-plan though, since you get the discount. The only reason I haven't done that is because I use a new coupon with every order...and I don't think that would work.

I get either a free week or $30 off with every single order. I guess when I run out of those (although there seems to be an endless supply), I'll sign up the other way.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby supermom » May 17th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Sounds good! Yes, Bonnie has her own link and you can sign up for auto ship, or I think you can just sign up for auto ship through MMT.
supermom

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 17th, 2006, 4:39 pm

Mr. Manly McMuscles...

HA's won't bother you if you ask us not to. You can order through the TSFL site or via phone without a HA bothering you. But, you can call or e-mail them if you have any ordering and/or shipping problems and they'll take care of it right away. That's one cool thing.

There is a link on the TSFL site for the Be-Slim club, you pick what day you want your order to bill and ship and you're off and running. I change mine all the time with no problems and LOVE the discount.

You just may want to call the 800# at the top of the forum and ask for a HA that isn't REAL hands on or tell them point blank you don't want to be bothered!

My vote is of course for Jan, but I'm biased!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Serendipity » May 17th, 2006, 4:45 pm

Manly,

When you order by autoship, the total discount will end up being more than $30 if you buy by the case. You get a 10% discount on the case and your autoship discount which increases to as much as 12% over time. So if you spend $200 to get free shipping, the discount is $44! Hard to beat. But you have to get on the autoship plan and use it every month for 6 months to get that discount. I'm at 8% right now ($36 total discount on $200 order).....still a good deal.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby ascicles » May 17th, 2006, 4:54 pm

Serendipity wrote:Manly,

When you order by autoship, the total discount will end up being more than $30 if you buy by the case. You get a 10% discount on the case and your autoship discount which increases to as much as 12% over time. So if you spend $200 to get free shipping, the discount is $44! Hard to beat. But you have to get on the autoship plan and use it every month for 6 months to get that discount. I'm at 8% right now ($36 total discount on $200 order).....still a good deal.

Yeah, it sounds like a good deal...but for now I'm getting either a free week or $30 off. When I run out of those, I will start to work toward the discounts that way :)

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby lan » May 17th, 2006, 6:43 pm

Asicles,

It seems weird to me that you would use this website (which is a business for its sponsor) and not be willing to order through this website.

I can understand that you want to purchase the product as cheaply as you can, but it feels to me like you are taking advantage of the situation in two ways.

I know that Nancy and her crew would not call you on this, but as an outsider, I wonder if you have thought that it takes money to run this forum--it is their livelihood, their business.

I know of at least one other Medifast forum that is only open to those that purchase through that particular health advisor. Access is only granted when you are a customer.

I feel that you discussing ways to save yourself money, and openly sharing that information with others on the forum give them encouragement to do the same thing and specifically undermines the very forum that you are using as a platform.

I personally do not care if you buy other crackers (I have eaten off program before, too) or if you repeatedly use "New Client Discounts" when you are not new to Medifast, but please do not discuss how you are exploiting the system where I need to read about it. Create your own forum where you can discuss anything you wish.

Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 17th, 2006, 10:30 pm

Well written, well said, Lan! ;)

Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby ascicles » May 18th, 2006, 6:33 am

lan wrote:Asicles,

It seems weird to me that you would use this website (which is a business for its sponsor) and not be willing to order through this website.

I can understand that you want to purchase the product as cheaply as you can, but it feels to me like you are taking advantage of the situation in two ways.

I know that Nancy and her crew would not call you on this, but as an outsider, I wonder if you have thought that it takes money to run this forum--it is their livelihood, their business.

I know of at least one other Medifast forum that is only open to those that purchase through that particular health advisor. Access is only granted when you are a customer.

I feel that you discussing ways to save yourself money, and openly sharing that information with others on the forum give them encouragement to do the same thing and specifically undermines the very forum that you are using as a platform.

I personally do not care if you buy other crackers (I have eaten off program before, too) or if you repeatedly use "New Client Discounts" when you are not new to Medifast, but please do not discuss how you are exploiting the system where I need to read about it. Create your own forum where you can discuss anything you wish.

Lan

You don't need to read anything. If you don't like a specific post, ignore it.

As for the other part, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to pay an extra 40-50 dollars for something when this product is already extremely expensive for me. I never specifically mentioned the codes that I used or the products that I used to replace Medifast. I have occasionally mentioned other products in threads where there seemed to be an open discussion of something...but that is the only time. If that offends, honestly, I don't care.

As an outsider, I do understand that this site costs money. I also understand that healthy discussion between a relatively large number of people helps to keep their clients motivated. As such, allowing people other than their own clients to post on here helps their business model. It's a great idea and it seems to work well.

If they don't want me to post here because I don't order through this site...fine. All they have to do is say the word. I'm not really one that looks for support or needs the interaction, I simply come on here because there is some good discussion about the plan and it's a nice way to obtain information.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Next

Return to Weight Loss