Soy crisps are the best thing ever.

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby falisamarie » May 18th, 2006, 6:50 am

OK Let's play nice or you are going to have to go to the corner till your next Medifast meal! :roflmao:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 18th, 2006, 8:21 am

Thanks Lan for your opinion and ascicles your reply,
I understand both of your positions. While we would love to have anyone who can, order from us, we realize that some wont for a variety of reasons.

As A mentioned, this site is open to everyone whether they order from MMT or not. While revenue is one goal of this site, the main goal is to form a friendly community with a similar goal and to educate and support so everyone has a better chance of reaching and maintaining their goals.

Everyone can see both sides of this issue now and make their own decisions. Lets leave it at that and get on with parting with the pounds.
Happy Shakin',
:cheers:

We now return to your regularly scheduled meal plan...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby MusicalMomma » May 18th, 2006, 9:26 am

ascicles wrote:... I'm not really one that looks for support or needs the interaction, I simply come on here because there is some good discussion about the plan and it's a nice way to obtain information.

401 posts is A LOT for someone that doesn't need support or interaction.

I just couldn't resist this one today...been silent on a lot of other inflamatory statements like "maybe I just hate fat people and want to get thin so I can discriminate...", but I just could not resist this time.
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ascicles » May 18th, 2006, 10:28 am

MusicalMomma wrote:
ascicles wrote:... I'm not really one that looks for support or needs the interaction, I simply come on here because there is some good discussion about the plan and it's a nice way to obtain information.

401 posts is A LOT for someone that doesn't need support or interaction.

I just couldn't resist this one today...been silent on a lot of other inflamatory statements like "maybe I just hate fat people and want to get thin so I can discriminate...", but I just could not resist this time.

That quote was a joke.

401 posts isn't really that much, when you consider that I am on a computer all day at work. I've managed to make thousands of posts on other boards, because quite frankly, I have a lot of down time at work and I need to keep myself entertained. If you'll notice, most of my posts are about things like products and general discussion about recipes. As a rule, tend to dislike compliments and encouragement. It's the way I've always been. Over the years, I've learned to accept them...but it's not something that I seek out.

For instance, when I started this plan, I asked my mother and father to not mention anything about it to me. It's just the way I am. I don't have a problem with anyone who wants/needs motivation and encouragement from others, but it's not something that I seek out. I think it's great that people use whatever methods they need to have success.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 18th, 2006, 10:41 am

Good and honest post, Joyce. I have noticed since I registered, and I am only in my second month with MF, and 100% compliant and committed to its program and its food, that there a few people(only a minimal few) who come on here, either finding fault with the Medifast program, trying to compare the foods and program, challenging the foods, looking for replacements for Medifast foods which are off the program, and expressing their personal opinions which, like the quote above, might be offensive and hurtful to some. Geez, what are health advisors for? Discuss your concerns with them.

For the most part, the members on this forum are just wonderful, helpful to others, and offer so much support to each other here. This is the way, a good forum should be! They help me keep my resolve to do well! My goodness, some individuals have entirely too much time on their hands to think up some of the 'stuff' that they do!!! If an individual comes to this forum looking "for the information", that is great. But, if you are looking for The Great Debate, try politics! :D I am with ya, Joyce! But, at the same time, with sincerity, I wish Mr. A. wonderful success on his program. Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ascicles » May 18th, 2006, 10:50 am

Ct. Yankee wrote:Good and honest post, Joyce. I have noticed since I registered, and I am only in my second month with MF, and 100% compliant and committed to its program and its food, that there a few people(only a minimal few) who come on here, either finding fault with the Medifast program, trying to compare the foods and program, challenging the foods, looking for replacements for Medifast foods which are off the program, and expressing their personal opinions which, like the quote above, might be offensive and hurtful to some. Geez, what are health advisors for? Discuss your concerns with them.

For the most part, the members on this forum are just wonderful, helpful to others, and offer so much support to each other here. This is the way, a good forum should be! They help me keep my resolve to do well! My goodness, some individuals have entirely too much time on their hands to think up some of the 'stuff' that they do!!! If an individual comes to this forum looking "for the information", that is great. But, if you are looking for The Great Debate, try politics! :D I am with ya, Joyce! But, at the same time, with sincerity, I wish Mr. A. wonderful success on his program. Joan

I think you'll notice that the only time I get into a "debate" is when someone makes a post about something I've said.

As for trying to find alternatives, that's something that a ton of people do in their life. It's called being thrifty. If I see that there is another product with the exact same nutritional stats for a lot less money, it's something that I am going to look into.

I'm not questioning the Medifast method, because obviously it works quite well. It's things like crackers and soy chips that are the equivalent of store products that I find replacements for. It's what I do, and I've never suggested that anyone SHOULD do that...it's what works for me (and saved me money).

Here's the deal. I'm not the type of person that this board appeals to generally. I am sarcastic and a bit of a jerk (usually in good fun). In the circles that I am a part of, that is something that I am used to and everyone is perfectly fine with it. I am also not a Christian (which seems to comprise at least 90% of the people on here). Furthermore, I'm a guy...a rarity around here.

Basically, what I am getting at is that my personality probably clashes with quite a few people on here. I would be more bothered by someone saying that they are praying for me, than someone who calls me a fatty. Honestly though, it takes a lot for someone to offend me...and I guess I'm taken a little by surprise when someone is ultra sensitive to something that I don't consider a big deal.

Some people here seem to "get me", others don't. That's life.

I'm not going out of my way to say anything offensive or bothersome...but I guess it has happened a few times. I don't really think there is that much I can do about it. I promise you though, I'm not going to start posting congratulations with tons of wacky emoticons. It's just not the type of person I am. Some of you guys love that sort of thing, and that's great. I'm happy that you are finding something that works for you.

Personally, my motivation is the fact that I am going to have a heart attack before I'm 40 if I do not turn my life around. Words of encouragement are great I guess, but that realization is what keeps me in line.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby supermom » May 18th, 2006, 11:59 am

Easy there Manly. Don't get your pants in a knot. You will have a heart attack today!! You are always welcome here, as Unca said. Variety is the spice of life. It takes some of every kind to keep the world interesting.
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ascicles » May 18th, 2006, 12:04 pm

supermom wrote:Easy there Manly. Don't get your pants in a knot. You will have a heart attack today!! You are always welcome here, as Unca said. Variety is the spice of life. It takes some of every kind to keep the world interesting.

I promise you, I'm not bothered in the least :)

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby Pashta » May 19th, 2006, 6:53 am

I like reading your posts. :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Tiolazz » May 19th, 2006, 6:59 am

I enjoy reading your posts as well, if it weren't for different opinions and our ability to voice those opinions we really wouldn't even notice the freedoms we have.

And even though Manly says that he doesn't start the debates, and I have to agree with him, I kinda like debates... I think it keeps everyone on their toes, keeps us thinking. Good for the brain my old debate coach use to say... Yes, I was in Debate in High school, took state once, so watch out if you argue with me... LOL just kidding.....

so bring on those differing opinions, give us all something to think about, talk about, refute or whatever....

I personally love it...
Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby ascicles » May 19th, 2006, 7:17 am

Tiolazz wrote:Good for the brain my old debate coach use to say... Yes, I was in Debate in High school, took state once, so watch out if you argue with me... LOL just kidding.....

You weren't in the debate club!

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby Tiolazz » May 19th, 2006, 8:44 am

Yes I was ! SEE !
Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » May 19th, 2006, 5:00 pm

OK, as another sarcastic, generally non-touchy-feely and most decidedly non-Christian type, I just want to say I really appreciate Manly being here. I doubt he's the only one here who doesn't order from this site, and I know he's not the only person looking for cheaper alternatives to some of the products. If I thought I could be disciplined about the crackers or soy crisps, I'd do it, too.

I still may, at some point, so that I can LEARN to be disciplined. I don't want to wait till maintenance to learn how to eat normal food. In normal amounts.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Previous

Return to Weight Loss