Someone edited my post!

MakeMeThinner Forum or Website (techie) related Topics.

Someone edited my post!

Postby Serendipity » March 3rd, 2007, 3:22 am

Someone has edited one of my posts and I just wanted to let everyone know that what you say here is not necessarily what gets posted here. I have to assume that one of the moderators chose to do the edit. There was nothing wrong with my original post. Someone is just having fun at my expense and I don't appreciate it.

I have been a memeber of this forum for a long time, but I won't be any longer if I can't trust the people here.

To the culprit: If you don't like what I posted, delete it, but don't put words in my mouth!

Whoever did the editing, please PM me so that we can have it out. :x

hmmmmmm, I'm wondering if this post will make it.........
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby GucciGoo » March 3rd, 2007, 5:26 am

All I know is, when I was a moderator, I never changed anyone's posts, ever. I thought I did a good job. Then Unca told me he didn't need me anymore because he was making the Health Advisors into moderators instead.

So, that means it is a Health Advisor.

Have fun hunting!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 3rd, 2007, 8:29 am

What's the post Jo?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Karli » March 3rd, 2007, 8:37 am

WOW, I am sensing a bit o' tension here :shock: :hmmm:
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 3rd, 2007, 8:57 am

Jo, don't worry about your post here being deleted. We've NEVER deleted a post here (other than offensive language) that the author hasn't requested.

Here's my reply from the other thread below:

After looking that post over, I see it was 3 minutes before your post Jo. The only thing I can think is, maybe we hit the submit button at the same time and somehow my login got printed under your screename Jo.

I've never seen that happen before in 4 years of running this forum, but I guess stranger things can happen. I'll leave these posts for a while so we can discuss this, but will delete them once we get to the bottom of it, so we don't hijack Dogma's journal.

Believe me, I wouldn't log in using your screename, and that definitely was my post. I didn't notice at the time it showed up as being your post.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Mike » March 3rd, 2007, 12:33 pm

DarkAndStormy wrote:All I know is, when I was a moderator, I never changed anyone's posts, ever. I thought I did a good job. Then Unca told me he didn't need me anymore because he was making the Health Advisors into moderators instead.

Have fun hunting!

Or, perhaps it was a server malfunction as Unca found.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Karli » March 3rd, 2007, 12:55 pm

Mike wrote:
DarkAndStormy wrote:All I know is, when I was a moderator, I never changed anyone's posts, ever. I thought I did a good job. Then Unca told me he didn't need me anymore because he was making the Health Advisors into moderators instead.

Have fun hunting!

Or, perhaps it was a server malfunction as Unca found.

Yes, it seems to me that trust in whom we consider friends allows for the possiblity of explanations other than malicious intent even before it's been explained, or else it's never really been trust in the first place.
Last edited by Karli on March 3rd, 2007, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karli

Postby Diana » March 3rd, 2007, 1:19 pm

Thank you, Karli! I was in the middle of a similar, but lengthier, response which Mike, as a Moderator, asked me, as his wife, not to post. Since you've posted, however, T minus one line

Relationships aside, if we stop assuming positive intent on the part of others in our largely anonymous community, it leads to all kinds of uckiness, not to mention paranoia. We are, after all, dealing with technology here. We can't even go back and do a handwriting analysis much less look for erasure marks. And more often than not, no such technological thing happened. We see it all the time at work, unfortunately. Hence, I'm less willing to trust the technology than I am my fellows.

I realize that most of what we put on this board has emotional content tied to it which ups the ante impressively over a screwed up report card or class list. The thread Jo started about the characteristics we all have in common come to minds in an ironic kind of way. So, I think we can all acknowledge how easy it is to jump to "who done me wrong" instead of starting with the more objective "what happened here." But the health and strength and character of our community depends on just that.

Forgive the waxing. I'll relinquish the mic now. Group hug, anyone?
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby MerryMary » March 3rd, 2007, 1:30 pm

Thank you Karli, Mike and Diana! Your objective balance fosters trust and security.

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Serendipity » March 3rd, 2007, 3:42 pm

Unca_Tim wrote:Believe me, I wouldn't log in using your screename, and that definitely was my post.

I always knew you wanna be me, unca. :mrgreen:

I am sorry, I jumped to conclusions and I have completely calmed down, blood pressure back to normal, however, I ask all of you.....Really, what would you have thought if it was your post? Come on.....be honest. We have all been involved in other forums where moderators take all sorts of liberties with posting. Heck, I've had my posts edited in other forums! So before you point a finger at me, just look at it from my point of view. Oh, and by the way.....what actually happened, Unca says he's never seen before, so how was I supposed to think it?

And, Unca.......I knew it was you all along, because who else would think up Chess wrestling????? lol Your post was much more clever than mine, hehe.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Karli » March 3rd, 2007, 5:15 pm

Yeah, I have thought about that. What if it were my post ? I would be perplexed for sure.
Karli

Postby bikipatra » March 3rd, 2007, 5:36 pm

Karli wrote:WOW, I am sensing a bit o' tension here :shock: :hmmm:

How perceptive of you, Karli Karl. :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Karli » March 3rd, 2007, 5:38 pm

bikipatra wrote:

hee hee... :mrgreen:

ps- I like it when you call me Karli Karl. I don't know why, but I do :-P
Karli

Postby bikipatra » March 3rd, 2007, 6:03 pm

Karli wrote:
bikipatra wrote:

hee hee... :mrgreen:

ps- I like it when you call me Karli Karl. I don't know why, but I do :-P

I don't know why I call you that but I only give people I like nicknames!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Mike » March 3rd, 2007, 6:29 pm

Serendipity wrote:Really, what would you have thought if it was your post? Come on.....be honest. We have all been involved in other forums where moderators take all sorts of liberties with posting. Heck, I've had my posts edited in other forums!

Actually, my first thought, as always, is to PM Unca and ask him to find out what happened.

So before you point a finger at me, just look at it from my point of view.

I am 100% sure that Di wasn't pointing any fingers your way Jo, I believe that her comments were made regarding the assumption that a Health Advisor changed your post and hoping that you find the culprit. The reality of it all was that it wasn't a Health Advisor, nor was it actually a human that did this, but rather a technology malfunction.

I recognize that what happened (the post being changed) seemed like something being directly done to you, and that you may have some past history with this happening to you on other forums. Knowing the integrity of the people who keep this forum going, I always PM Unca anytime I notice something that seems "off" before making a public statement that may be taken as offensive by an entire group of people. (Which I have seen done by others on this forum). Just MOHO. Hope that what I said makes sense and brings some finality to this whole thing.

Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Next

Return to The Web Room