Some questions..

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Some questions..

Postby KellyC » April 21st, 2007, 5:04 pm

Thanks for reading. :)

I am SO SCARED that when I lose, since I have so much to lose, I will be left with extra skin.. is there something you all can recommend to prevent this?

Also, my family is jewish.. on Friday evenings, we have family supper.. and during the prayer, bread and wine is consumed.. I can get by with just a crumb of bread and a drop of wine, but is this really terrible??

I've been considering doing the full fast, but this is impossible on Friday nights.. would it be very bad if I did a full fast 6 days a week, and then on Friday did the 5+1L&G?

Last question.. I don't keep kosher year round, but I do keep kosher on holidays.. do the soups that have meat in the name actually have meat? or are they just tofu?
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby chewy » April 21st, 2007, 6:00 pm

Hi Kelly, and welcome to the forum!

The chicken and wild rice soup, as well as the beef stew, both have meat in them. The chicken (flavored) noodle soup (and I think the chili as well?) are both meatless, but they are not kosher since they are produced in a facility that also handles shellfish.

While of course you should consult your doctor if you are planning on doing mostly full fast, I think many people do go back and forth, so full-fasting during the week, and then switching to 5-1 for shabbos shouldn't harm your weight loss at all.

As for wine and challah, no one is going to tell you these are officially ok for the program, but...we do what we need to do, and I can tell you from personal experience that if you keep it to the minimum neccessary, (and perhaps skip the bar that day) and drink plenty of water, these wont mess you up too badly either.

Best of luck with your weight loss! I dont post often, but I read this board a lot, and find it very helpful! Let us kow if you have any more questions--people are always jumping in with creative solutions!
245/230/145
chewy
First Post

Postby Jan » April 22nd, 2007, 3:38 pm

Hi Kelly,
First of all .. you are still young so that's good news as far as the elasticity of your skin is concerned. Genetic influences have a lot to do with skin "rebounding" also. It generally takes a full year after you have reached goal for your skin to "shrink" back as much as it will. Right now I think the best thing for you to do .. is not to worry about it and just part with the pounds. You can deal with any skin issues after you reach goal. As of now we really don't know if you will have extra skin or not. And if you do .. we don't know how much if any.
As to Kosher food .. the following are Kosher Dairy
Medifast 55 .. and 70 .. all flavors, Diabetic Shakes-- all flavor
Bars, Hot Cocoa, Cream of Tomato Soup, Cappuccino, Chocolate Pudding.. this is an older list so there may be more... for instance the vanilla and banana puddings.
Kosher Parve = The hearty Oatmeal .. all flavors and Robust Tomato Fast Soup.
I know there is a Rabbi in the plant that blesses the food.
In order to do complete program 6 meal replacements and no lean and green .. we really like to have a Dr. monitor you. You will need routine blood work. I personally have seen no real difference in the amount of weight loss between people who use the 5/1 and those who do a 6/0.
The real difference I see is when they transition back to other food.
It's a bit harder to transition when you've been on the 6/0.
I really believe if you do the 5/1 and follow the program exactly .. you'll do great and be very happy with the results.
Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. You are beginning on a wonderful journey to "thindom" :D
:D jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.