more questions

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

more questions

Postby pinkgeek » March 22nd, 2004, 7:13 am

Hi guys!

I know I pester constantly, but I really want to do this *right*. My first day, yesterday, was unbelievably hard. I had a migraine for roughly 7 hours. I ended up drinking my 2 cups of bouillon and I had two pickles. I saw some discussion on pickles and no one ever really answered the question. Are we talking about pickle spears or itty bitty slices? Also, Nancy mentioned that I may want to do 6 or even 7 supplements just starting out, but I don't know when I would ever fit them in if I'm waiting 3 hours between each supplement. Another question: Does it matter how you take your supplements (I guess I mean in which order)? I have read the FAQ and I didn't really see anything about it. I did see one suggestion. to take like 3 shakes the first part of the day and then 2 other supplements if you are not going the purist route. Then I have heard some people say they start with a bowl of oatmeal and then do a shake, etc. Does it really matter as long as you get 3 shakes per day as part of your 5 supplements? Also, what is the advice on having your shake warm? It seems like what I have read says to have 3 cold shakes...please help. I don't want to go thru the heck of getting my body used to it only to find out I messed up somewhere. On the plus side, I am horrible at sleeping. I slept ALL NIGHT for the first time in probably my entire life, and I woke up headache free. Thank you and happy shaking :)
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Re: more questions

Postby Jeanette » March 22nd, 2004, 7:49 am

Pink: I'm gonna try to answer your questions.

pinkgeek wrote:I know I pester constantly, but I really want to do this *right*.

First of all you are NOT pestering us! This is the time to ask questions!

My first day, yesterday, was unbelievably hard. I had a migraine for roughly 7 hours. I ended up drinking my 2 cups of bouillon and I had two pickles.

You did good! This is what you need to do.

I saw some discussion on pickles and no one ever really answered the question. Are we talking about pickle spears or itty bitty slices?

You may have up to two WHOLE pickles!

Also, Nancy mentioned that I may want to do 6 or even 7 supplements just starting out, but I don't know when I would ever fit them in if I'm waiting 3 hours between each supplement.

That would be hard to do! There might be a time in the day where you wouldn't want to wait three hours in between. Listen to your body and see what it says.

Another question: Does it matter how you take your supplements (I guess I mean in which order)? I have read the FAQ and I didn't really see anything about it. I did see one suggestion. to take like 3 shakes the first part of the day and then 2 other supplements if you are not going the purist route. Then I have heard some people say they start with a bowl of oatmeal and then do a shake, etc. Does it really matter as long as you get 3 shakes per day as part of your 5 supplements?

Here's the basic rule of thumb for supplements:
--out of the five supplements, three need to be shakes
--don't make your first or last supplement of the day a bar (will alter your blood sugar too much for the time of day)

Otherwise, have your supplements in any order you choose!

Also, what is the advice on having your shake warm? It seems like what I have read says to have 3 cold shakes...please help.

You can warm your shakes up....just do it slowly so that you don't nuke the soy protein in it! I do it 30 seconds at a time until it is the desired temp. For some reason it doesn't taste sweet enough to me when it is warm, so I add Splenda to it.

On the plus side, I am horrible at sleeping. I slept ALL NIGHT for the first time in probably my entire life, and I woke up headache free.

See? Already you are seeing the benefits of the program! Stick with it, and your life will change in ways you can't even imagine!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby explorthis » March 22nd, 2004, 8:28 am

Jeanette has basically listed the rules cut and dry, as she has been on this for quite awhile, and is doing great.

Bottom line: Don't ever go more than 3 hours between meals.

When you wake up, whatever your schedule is, you need to eat (shake = eating) then 3 hour increments.

Example:
7:00 wake-n-shake
10:00 shake
1:00 shake
4:00 shake
7:00 shake

My only disagreement is about when to take your "bar" or not. Because we are limited, in what we are consuming, bars, and shakes are so limited in calories and fats that (IMHO) it does not matter when you take a bar or shake. 5 is 5, but 3 of the 5 must be shakes. If you want to take a bar whenever, then I know it does not really matter.

To each his own, but again, these are 70-100 calorie "meals" and you’re not going to throw yourself off kilter by having a bar for your last meal, or your first one for that matter.

Give it some time before thinking you need 6 or 7 shakes.. Don't immediately shove an extra 2 shakes in, just because you can. It will take awhile (week-ish) before your body gets used to Medifasting. Remember, you INSTANTLY went from food your whole life, making a DRAMATIC change to pure Medifast. You and your body will go thru a little "withdrawal" period, but you will get used to it in no time.

Be strong. Nothing works like Medifast.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby TamiL » March 22nd, 2004, 9:07 am

pink

NEVER consider yourself a Pest here!! no way girl...this is the place for questions/concerns/doubts/ you name it!! and as you see...you had replys from 2 of the best LOOSERS on this forum!! lol!! they said it all..so I wont repeat. You work your supplements however they suit YOU and your needs...spacing them out sometimes Is hard..sometimes I have to write down when I need to take mine..cuz Im not hungry..and will forget!! and YES.that will happen to you as well!! :-P

dont ever feel that coming here often is "bothering" anyone...everyone here on this forum is an ASSETT to my/our support group here!! weather your a newbie or an old timer!!

Happy shakin....glad to be here on this journey with ya!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby shineface » March 22nd, 2004, 10:58 am

Pink-------

You are doing it just right girl---- ask, ask, ask!!!! I agree with Tami, the two biggest LOSERS on the forum have more than adequately answered your questions so I won't go there and try to reinvent the wheel!

I got myself really crazy in the beginning with scheduling and worrying about getting it exactly right --- read the forum, ask questions and you will settle into your own comfortable routine. The one thing I will add is DON'T FORGET TO DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO IMPORTANT AS TO HOW I FEEL IN MY HEAD, STOMACH AND RESULTS ON THE SCALE!!

You are in the right place with the right people on the right program -- and just think, this is the last time you will need to lose this FAT --- YES!!!

Glad you are here! WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.