Snacks

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Snacks

Postby pandasmom » August 9th, 2006, 1:45 pm

Hello everyone happy wednesday..

I have a question.. I have been on MF now for 4 months have lost....
drum roll please.....

55 bls
yep 55 lbs.
i do the 5 +1 plan

my question is i have never order snacks of any kind. Have not really thought about them.. Worried also about how they taste..

But we are on the go a lot so i was wondering about them. Does any one having one a day here and there see any slowness in their weight loss?
I am doing so good dont want to slow it down for sure.

But again just wondered if having one snack a day does that..

thanks for your help.
terri
Terri
pandasmom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Prancer » August 9th, 2006, 2:16 pm

I dont know if they slowed me or not. I slowed at the time I started using them but cant say 100% they were the problem. I actually found my problem with them to be that I would eat them and not a meal (shhh, dont tell anyone).
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Blessedmommieof3 » August 9th, 2006, 2:28 pm

I'm only on week 2 and moving a bit slowly - can't say that's it due to the snacks though.

I can tell you I've tried 3 of the snacks: Apple-Cinnamon & Ranch Soy crisps - both are delicious!! (I'm ordering the White Cheddar next time.) I also have the multi-grain crackers and I'm not impressed, but I think I got a bad box - they taste stale. :?
The Journey began July 30th, blogging along the way at Extrapounds*com
Blessedmommieof3
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby loriannk » August 9th, 2006, 3:08 pm

I have either the medifast crackers or apple cinnamon soy crisps every day. I didn't notice any weight difference as I have been having a snack everyday since starting. Everyone is different though.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Aerie » August 9th, 2006, 3:20 pm

I snack everyday and I'm losing quite rapidly. (37 pounds in 9 weeks I think.) They can be a lifesaver when you're caught hungry between meals. Ranch Soy Crisps are my favorite.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » August 9th, 2006, 3:48 pm

First off let me say WOOHOOOO for making the 50lb Club!! Way to go! That is awesome~You are doing wonderful!

Now~I love the White Cheddar Crisps as well as the Ranch ones.
I have one or two a Week at best so I cant say if it has slowed anything.

I would tend to say it wouldnt or else it wouldnt be an approved snack!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

THANK YOU LADIES

Postby pandasmom » August 9th, 2006, 4:35 pm

Thank you all so very much.. I just ordered some for samples to see which ones i like the best.. That way i dont have a whole box of them sitting here and me not liking them..

EVERYONE IS doing so good here i am so proud of everyone.

wow this is the best..

thank you all again.

Terri
Terri
pandasmom

Postby DogMa » August 9th, 2006, 5:38 pm

I've tried it with and without snacks (I prefer with) and haven't seen any real difference. I lose slowly no matter what. :)

And the soy crisps are wonderful. The crackers aren't so great, but I like to crumble 'em into my soup sometimes.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby JKSRN » August 9th, 2006, 6:18 pm

I ordered the Crisps awhile ago, and thought that they were too good, so I got a little nervous. I do use crackers with soup, such as Robin mentioned. I like the Garden Vegetable Crackers better than the Multigrain. A sugar free jello after my lean and green is all I snack on besides the crackers with soup.

But, I am always stoking my brain with different ideas, such as, because I am a slow loser and much older than all you youngsters(trust me on this!), I was thinking that maybe, I ought to start adding crisps occasionally, because maybe I am not getting enough calories-age wise. I definitely do not want to do the 'senior program', though. I am walking a mile and a half each day and using hand weights. I hope Robin, reads this and offers her advice.

In the meantime, congratulations on the Big 5-0 weight loss!
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » August 10th, 2006, 3:58 pm

Sorry, Joan, just saw this. I'd definitely try adding another shake a day or something for a few days and just see what happens. It really helped me (I still lost slowly, but I did start losing again). You can even just do it a few days a week.

Speaking just for me, I seem to do better when I add more protein calories, so my extra meal was usually an RTD or something with a higher protein:carb ratio, rather than the crackers.

Hope that helps!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby JKSRN » August 10th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Thanks, Robin. I got a shipment of RTD's etc. in today, so I will look at the higher protein-low carb ratio if I add another meal. Appreciate, and yes, it helps, very much! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss