Skinny people made me fat

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Skinny people made me fat

Postby Allie » August 7th, 2006, 3:34 pm

I live in orange county, the land of the beautiful. Most of the girls here are very skinny and have perfect bodies. I went to the beach on saturday, and so many of them were running around in skimpy bikinis. Now, in the past, when I have been at the beach and seen that, I would have gone home and sat on the couch and ate a bag of chips and sulk because I want to be skinny. I became fatter and fatter because, it seemed to me that the other girls were getting skinnier and skinnier.

Insted of sulking, I went for a walk along the beach and had a good time with my friends. I will be going to the beach more often, and eventually I will be one of the skinny girls in the teeney bikini.
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » August 7th, 2006, 3:39 pm

I lived in OC for 12 years!! Loved it. There were definitely a ton of skinny girls around (but thankfully, most of my friends weren't among them so I never really felt out of place there).

It's weird. I never really even noticed till I moved to Texas. But things really ARE bigger in Texas!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JKSRN » August 7th, 2006, 3:40 pm

Great attitude, Allie, good for you!!! Go to the beach, walk or tan, just believe in yourself, you can do anything you set your mind to! :)
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby JeepGirl » August 7th, 2006, 3:45 pm

That is awesome Allie!! :)
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

paradise

Postby alohacate » August 7th, 2006, 4:21 pm

Allie, I know how you feel. Living in Hawaii I have had many "beach" moments where I wanted to crawl under my beach blanket and eat bon bons. But I have also noticed many, many large people here in paradise. Not just adults, but many children too. It seems to me now that there are more large people than average weight people.
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 7th, 2006, 5:58 pm

Weigh to handle a rough situation!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » August 7th, 2006, 9:46 pm

I agree with alohacate. We have so many beautiful people here in Hawaii. But at the same time, diabetes is at an all time high here. We even have a dialosis (sp?) center at the mall.... how sad! :(

I don't want to be one that has to go to the mall for that.

Thank goodness for MF.

Allie, keep up the great attitude, I decided to do the same. I refused to go to the beach with my family a few weeks ago because I didn't want to be seen in a bathing suit! How awful! Never again... life is too precious to sit at home and hide while I miss seeing my kids having fun at the beach! Just like Nancy, one of my goals is to wear a cute bikini on the beach, during daylight hours!

Aloha everyone! Keep on shakin :ukulele:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Blessedmommieof3 » August 8th, 2006, 12:09 am

Great outlook Allie!! You'll be one of the skinny ladies soon enough!

I have to agree with AlohaCate - here in Hawaii I've seen quite a few skinny ladies on the beach, but suprisingly I've seen many large ladies too - proudly sporting their bathing suits. I envy thier care-free spirits.
The Journey began July 30th, blogging along the way at Extrapounds*com
Blessedmommieof3
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to What's Shakin'