Sinus Problems & Possible TMI Alert

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Sinus Problems & Possible TMI Alert

Postby GucciGoo » January 8th, 2007, 9:56 am

So.... this sinus infection has been around for a few weeks now... I sound very nasal, and up until this week, had a headache that lasted a whole week. I don't have a headache now, but the area above my eyes is very tender and I feel clogged...

*TMI*

Now when I blow my nose I have this really thick yellow mucus coming out. It is really disgusting. I took Tavist Sinus pills this morning...any other ideas? Has anyone else had this? Do you think I should call for an antibiotic?
Last edited by GucciGoo on January 8th, 2007, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » January 8th, 2007, 11:10 am

Beth, sorry to hear your not feeling well. When there is any discolor, especially yellow, that usually means infection. I would see a doc if I were you. Hope you feel better soon.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby supermom » January 8th, 2007, 5:19 pm

Well, thanks to all the Meth bakers out there, the over the counter meds for Sinus and congestion have changed their formulations (most of them, anyway), so that they can still be available over the counter without having to ask the pharmacist for assistance. SO--------they don't work as well. Have you tried Mucinex?? You might even get a mild saline nasal mist to help break up the stuff, thus making it a little easier to get out. If you do get an antibiotic, go to the health food store and get some PB8. The dose for adults is 2 capsules a day, and kids is 1 a day. It can be opened and sprinkled in or on something if you have an aversion to taking pills. It will not only help prevent yeast infections related to antibiotic therapy, but will also help keep the GI tract normal. Antibiotics tend to kill all of the stuff in the intestines, including the good stuff. Without it, we get nausea, vomitting and diarerun. PB8 is a form of acedophalus, with some additional vitamins. It is just "supposed" to be a little better than just plain old acidophalus. Good luck and feel better soon!!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sojourner » January 8th, 2007, 5:46 pm

Wow Laurie - you sound like a nurse or something!
:mrgreen:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby supermom » January 8th, 2007, 5:59 pm

AW shucks!! Thanks!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Loribug » January 8th, 2007, 9:35 pm

I had the crud for the months of NOV/DEC antibiotics did nothing, it was terrible, I think it is a bad virus going around, everyone has been sick for weeks. Vicam works well at the onset, and I did hear of several people getting better with the mucilex
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby jlaman79 » January 9th, 2007, 8:21 am

I've been taking Mucinex for the past two days and it really helps to get it out. Around here it's the shifty weather that has everyone feeling icky. My whole face feels chapped right now from all the tissue wiping and nose blowing. Also, when I am really miserable I mix a thera flu and instead of drinking it, I enhale the vapors. This helps me too.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to What's Shakin'