siglamb962

1 Thread per registered User.

I am Pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby siglamb962 » April 19th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Yep, you read that right. I got up to 363 pounds while MFing, and could not figure out why. I have been feeling cruddy since about Feb., very exhausted, sore, etc. Because of the PCOS I have never been real regular in the period dept, and I have an IUD, so I thought I might have a recurrence of Mono. So, the other day, my neighbor tells me she is pregnant. She is a MF also, and gave me a ton of food. So, I was all excited because it would save me $$$$$. So, she also tells me that she notices how tired I have been, etc. She begs me to make an appointment with my doc.

So, I went in today, and I went to my OB/GYN because I figured it was my hormones or my ovaries. In the past, when I have felt this way it was because of my cysts. So, given that I just had two removed for rupturing, and everything that happened with my mother, I was thinking stress, hormones, etc.

So, she does an ultrasound to see if I have another rupture, and lo and behold there is a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it. I feel blessed, but totally terrified. Now I see why MF was not "working". My body thought it was being starved.

So, everything looks good so far, but I will be selling food soon.

I will still be around, but I guess I am out of the challenge!
I am worth it!!!!!
siglamb962
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Tawanda » April 19th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Congratulations on the pregnancy!!!!!!!!! :D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby summergirl » April 20th, 2008, 4:13 pm

As I haven't read your entire journal, I'm jumping in a little "less knowledgeable" than some, but..............

First of all-Medical Industry huh? What line of work are you in? I am in oral surgery. We just had a bunch of meetings recently and it was the same deal-food (and lots of it) every 2 hours or so! It made me feel good to stay on plan while everyone was downing brownies! :D

Secondly, glad to hear that your mom is out of the hospital and doing well! That's scary stuff and I'm glad to see she made it home quickly.

And finally, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm not sure if this is your first, but WOW-kids are the greatest things I've ever done. After my first marriage ended, it was just my daughter and I. I went through some hard times-broke, lonely, overworked, overwhelmed, tired, etc.. and no matter what I was going through, all it took to make me feel better and make it all worth it was her. I've now been blessed with a wonderful husband (the world's greatest stepdad!) and a new baby! I've always told my friends who don't have kids that kids make everything MORE! More expensive, more exciting, more heart-wrenching, more entertaining, more meaningful, more time consuming, more painful, more fun, more happiness, more of everything you can think of. My happy times are way happier with my kids in my life and my children's pain tears me up! Congrats, again. It's a wonderful ride! I'm so excited for you! :mrgreen:
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby siglamb962 » April 20th, 2008, 4:22 pm

Thanks so much! This will be my third baby, I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old, both boys. I agree they make everything more! I would not change it for the world.

I work in a hospital laboratory. We are having lab week next week, I am not even going to think about the food.....
I am worth it!!!!!
siglamb962
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby aquarianskye » April 20th, 2008, 6:40 pm

CONGRATULATIONS BECKY!!! I'm sooo excited for you. You will really have to keep us posted! How far along are you? Due date? Names? You know, everything an expectant auntie needs to know!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Previous

Return to My Journal