I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired ...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired ...

Postby 1Angel » August 31st, 2006, 5:05 pm

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired ... please, read on if you know what I mean ...

I came in at 275 ... then when I got down to 223 lbs. I thought I got it ... that I could do it by myself and I blew it big time ... I decided to celebrate before the victory and I lost it completely.

Then I restarted at 250 and when I got down to 233 I lost it again ... and once more I went all the way up to 248 pounds.

In summary, I realized I am one of those people who belongs to the 8/80 club, meaning, either I do it 100% right or I don't do it at all (the perfectionist in me) as if anyone of us could really be perfect hahaha :roflmao:

But that's how I think and how my mind works ... if I blow the program with one single bite or one sip ... then I think I've ruined it for the day and then I blow it big time ... I go crazy ... this is how sick I am ... how addicted to the carbs I am ... and there is no willpower in this world that will make me stop once I am into the wrong foods for me ... It's like as if a monster wakes up inside of me and I cannot control it ...

I have been struggling with this weight for the past 15 years ... and I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of this yo-yo syndrome.

So, I did some calculations here and this is what it looks like for me for the next 122 days or 17 weeks:

If I lose 5 lbs p/wk 17X5= 85 I'll be @ 232-85= 147 by 12/31
If I lose 4 lbs p/wk 17X4= 68 I'll be @ 232-68= 164 by 12/31
If I lose 3 lbs p/wk 17X3= 51 I'll be @ 232-51= 181 by 12/31
If I lose 2 lbs p/wk 17X2= 34 I'll be @ 232-34= 198 by 12/31
If I lose 1 lbs p/wk 17X2= 17 I'll be @ 232-17= 215 by 12/31

Since TOM gets into town without any warning now a days, I am shooting for the middle calculation which is losing only an average of 3 pounds a week. And that will be awesome ... I haven't been out of the house of the 200s for a very, very long time ... Even only losing 2 pounds a week looks good to me at this point.

So, if you want to tag along with me and help me to get there, I'll do everything I can to :help: you get there with me too, so help me God!
Last edited by 1Angel on September 1st, 2006, 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcUj84e/weight.png">
1Angel
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby alohacate » August 31st, 2006, 6:04 pm

Oh girl, I hear you. I am a bit of a perfectionist myself! At least you have acknowledged your problem and are facing it head on. I have been on the program for only two months but have had my set backs (pickle binges, soy crisp binges) - but I refuse to cave in all the way and stop until I reach my goal (I am also very stubborn). My doctor put me on birth control to help with irregular cycles (even though I am unable to conceive more children). You CAN DO THIS, WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!! I am here for you.
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 31st, 2006, 6:13 pm

You can do this!!!
We are here for you.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 1Angel » September 1st, 2006, 1:26 am

Thank you, Cate, for being there for me. I really appreciate your support ... I need to do this thing right this time around ...

Hey, you are doing great!!! I noticed you're so close to "onederland" ... I'm here cheering :cleader: for you! Please, let me know when you get there, will you!?!
1Angel

Postby 1Angel » September 1st, 2006, 1:33 am

Thank you very much, Arklahoma, for being there for me!

You are doing great yourself!!! Congratulations!!! :bravo: Already in "onederland", huh!? Please, tell me :secret: some thing here: How does it feel getting down there!?!
1Angel

Postby lauradr » September 1st, 2006, 4:12 am

1Angel, You Can do this ,we are here for you
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 1st, 2006, 5:31 am

Hi Angel,
Did you read my post "boundaries". It may help you. It about setting boundaries for yourself. For example, for me....I am following the full fast. Ideally, I would stick to it perfectly and have 5 MF meals per day. This is my minimum food. When I feel extra hungry, feel like cheating, need a break, want to go out to dinner etc. I allow myself up to seven MF meals and /or a L & G meal. This way... I feel satisfied while I'm still on my plan. Hope this helps a little. I admire you for coming here and and sharing this experience and I especially admire you for not giving up. I can see that you will figure it out for yourself. Best wishes. See you more on the board.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby GucciGoo » September 1st, 2006, 6:15 am

I know what you mean, I have had headaches all day this week and used that as an excuse to eat crap.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby Aerie » September 1st, 2006, 6:20 am

I'm so sorry for your frustrations. All I can really say is we all have them you just have to keep on pluggin' away at it.

Never, never, never give up (WC)

Hang in there girl.
Aerie

Postby JeepGirl » September 1st, 2006, 7:25 am

You can do this! We have all been guilty of caving in with things in our lives, but is we are here it means we want to do this to the end!!
It may seem like a neverending road at times but I believe we will all make it to our "Pot Of Gold" as long as we stick to it!

We are here for ya!!
JeepGirl

Postby kmr » September 1st, 2006, 8:01 am

I'm a perfectionist also and have the same problem you do. I'm starting again too. But as long as we all never give up and stick together and be there for one another, I believe eventually we can all do this! Hang in there and I am there for you too! We all deserve healthy, attractive bodies and we only get one so we should do our best to take care of them (easier said than done of course).
kmr
Preferred member

Postby 1Angel » September 1st, 2006, 12:41 pm

Wow, I just realized I'm not alone on this one ...

Elizabeth, thank you very much for your "Boudaries" post. It makes a lot of sense to me and I am going to apply that theory in my food plan. I do like my 5 + 1 LG meal. I do look forward to the LG meal ... it's my treat for the day for being good on the plan.

Also, I'd like to thank "Kmr, Jeep Girl, drmjwdvm, beachbaby and Lauradr" for your love and support. You guys don't know how much I appreciate all your comments and help!

I am down another pound this morning (it's already 7 lbs loss) for this week. I was 238 last Sunday and I am 231 this morning). Well TOM has left town and maybe that has something to do with this big weight loss for me. But I am loving it!!!

I'll talk to you guys soon! Have a wonderful day!
1Angel

Postby kmr » September 1st, 2006, 5:12 pm

"Weigh" to go 1Angel! 7 pounds this week so far is AWESOME! Keep up the great work. It will be worth it in the end.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » September 1st, 2006, 7:04 pm

1Angel wrote:Thank you very much, Arklahoma, for being there for me!

You are doing great yourself!!! Congratulations!!! :bravo: Already in "onederland", huh!? Please, tell me :secret: some thing here: How does it feel getting down there!?!

OMG ~ It feels like I've won the lottery. I can't hide my exuberance and enthusiasm for life at this point. I've always been a positive, happy person but now it just seems like I'm on cloud 9 all the time. You WILL get there!!!

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 1Angel » September 1st, 2006, 9:39 pm

Tks, Kmr!

Eventhough I know that most of the weight loss of this week is water, I'm very happy with my results ... By eating every three hours my metabolism is speeding up and my body is burning more fuel ...

I think this time I'll do it ... I will reach my goal before the end of this year (2006) Watch me!!!
1Angel

Next

Return to Come on in.