Shakes vs. Other MF drinks

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Shakes vs. Other MF drinks

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 9th, 2007, 10:40 am

Here's my question of the day < :lol: > :

I keep hearing and reading about how special the MF shakes are - - and while its no longer required to have 3 a day, because now we can mix-n-match MF meals, I've heard it is still a good thing to do (3 a day). I even think I read somewhere on here that if your losing slows to add more shakes.

So, assuming the above is true, my questions are:

Why? What's special about the shakes vs other MF meals?

and

Does the same 'specialness' apply to the other MF drinks (cocoa, tea, etc) or is it simply the 'shakes'.

I can't wait to see what folks have to say!!!

Thanks! ;)
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby worldawind » October 9th, 2007, 10:46 am

While listening in on a nurses call someone addressed the question brought up by someone that they had a client who swears she is following program but the weight just doesn't go down. It was suggested that by having 4 drinks and 1 soup and your lean and green had, in some instances, helped move the scale. Maybe it's lower calories, I don't know. I do know last week I tried it for a few days like they suggested and I broke the 150 mark into 149. It will be interesting to see what happens this week now that I've returned to having all the products.
Started: Feb. 20, 2007
worldawind
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » October 9th, 2007, 10:47 am

Its all about the soy in reality. Soy is a natural appetite suppressant. So, those having troubles with appetite should have more soy based products.... not necessarily just the shakes. Soy is better for you and it provides a little better pure protein than the whey as well.

Thats the main concept on that.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 9th, 2007, 11:06 am

So, Mike, the drinks (red paskets) have more soy or just the shakes? And the soups, oatmeal, puddings (the blue packets) have whey?

Thanks again, I guess I'm lucky that I prefer the soups and shakes :-). I am in love with the cocoa too!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Mike » October 9th, 2007, 11:29 am

Which Medifast products do not contain soy?

Hot Cocoa, Chai Latte, Cappuccino, Cranberry Mango Fruit Drink, Tropical Punch Fruit Drink, Peach Iced Tea, Raspberry Iced Tea, Cream of Chicken Soup, Cream of Tomato Soup and Cream of Broccoli Soup.

This is from the FAQ section on the medifast site. Anything else contains soy. Medifast products contain 9-11 grams of protein.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Signladytf » October 9th, 2007, 12:10 pm

Just great. All the shakes I like do not contain soy.....well, time to get back to the 'ole RTD's!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Serendipity » October 9th, 2007, 1:22 pm

Interesting! All of the supplements on Mikes list above were supplements that I did not use while on program. I've always wondered why I had absolutely no hunger while others did. Maybe there is something to that soy thing. :mrgreen:

ps: I usually had 3 shakes per day....loved the RTD's
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby katesmom » October 9th, 2007, 1:50 pm

The only MF products that I choose to do are the Dutch Chocolate (SOY)shakes...Not hungry...EVER !!!!

I do 5 shakes a day plus my L&G... Hope that helps !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 9th, 2007, 7:21 pm

I like to shake it up (yup pun intended) throughout the day. Everything I have heard and read about the program has told me that the MF meals nutrition wise are basically the same and any combination of any of the MF meals is OK. Since someone introduced me to COLD hot cocoa (now there's an oxymoron for ya), I have been hooked on them. I really like the puddings too. When it is cold out, I enjoy the soups and oatmeals, but I can't eat those when it is pushing 90 like it has been here the last few days.

The only supplement I regulate are those sumptuous bars. Only one a day and I try not to have one everyday.

Just my 2 cents worth.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby Serendipity » October 9th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Everything I have heard and read about the program has told me that the MF meals nutrition wise are basically the same and any combination of any of the MF meals is OK.

Hope my post didn't mislead. I used all of the supplements that I liked, mixing them up. I used the RTD's more for convenience than anything else.....I just stumbled into the benefits, if there are any, of using more shakes.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby rodeomom » October 9th, 2007, 8:01 pm

[quote="Serendipity Hope my post didn't mislead. .[/quote]

No, not at all. I was just chimeing in on how I have been working the plan. I guess I was hoping that someone would suggest something if I were to have misunderstood.

No worries!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby Mike » October 9th, 2007, 8:39 pm

BTW.... there is a really cool PDF file available on soy. It covers just about everything you need to know about the benefits, and dispels the negatives you "hear" about soy.

Here is a link to the pdf (couldn't find it in the MMT list).

http://www.makemethinner.com/pdf/soy.pdf

<edit>added to the MMT list - UT</edit>
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby bikipatra » October 10th, 2007, 2:14 am

I went to Hong Kong in March for 12 days and only took shakes and pudding with me (which I made like a shake) for rather obvious reasons. After I got back I was so used to just shakes, I drank 3 or 4 a day. Only straying to eat an occasional oatmeal and having a daily cappuccino. So I was in the 190's then so I lost the last 40-50 pounds while still MF'ing drinking mostly shakes. It was just easier and I actually really like them straight out of the envelope into the shaker jar with cold water and presto. I have never doctoed them up except to use some coffee instead of water sometimes.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Come on in.