Fruit drinks

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Fruit drinks

Postby sidrah » March 25th, 2006, 9:43 pm

Doos anyone use these....I never hear them mentioned all that much.

Already gave you the run down on why I have problems stopping for meals ever 3 hours with the whole teaching thing....so won't bother boring you again. But:

I really am thinking about buying them for convenience of just grabbing some bottled water and adding them in. I can drink that more often and definitely every threee hours more easily than stopping during classtime to make a meal or have a bar.

I realize a drawback might be the feeling like you haven't eaten, the feeling that you get from soup or oatmeal or a bar. That is fine with me. But, do they taste good? I was thinking of getting that cranberry one. It is a plus if they are lower in sugar!

I would just like to hear how other people liked them. I was a little upset that I did not get them in my mixed box in the beginning :cry:
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby bzlife1967 » March 25th, 2006, 9:49 pm

I have tried both the Peach Ice Tea and the Raspberry Ice tea. I like them, they don't really taste like tea though. I usually mix them with 1 packet of the same flavor of crystal light on the go and add double the water. They are great for those time when your not really hungry but its time to eat. When you buy your water bottle make sure you have a wide mouth one if your pouring it in, kinda hard to pour the packet in the smaller mouth bottles. One word of warning on these, I always have a glass of Ice water at my desk and one day just poured the tea into it, don't do it... LOL it was full of lumps, learned my lesson with that one. The cappacino is good for on the go too, If you like it cold. I have added it to a water bottle, shook it up and mmmm mmm it was yummy.
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby sidrah » March 25th, 2006, 9:57 pm

Thanks for the idea,

Yeah, I have Crystal Lite Tea, but I thought maybe the fruit drinks would be a little more....something so it didn't feel like just drinking iced tea.

I might end up going that way though. At least I know what tea tastes like!

I can't drink coffee drinks, but I do haev hot chocolate and drink it on the way to work...good stuff
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Loribug » March 25th, 2006, 10:02 pm

The fruit punch is one of my favorite MF meals. Blender bottle with water to get the lumps out, then add ice and shake till real cold, or put in freezer. I add 2 splenda pkgs and it taste like popcicles.
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby sidrah » March 25th, 2006, 10:35 pm

Yup, I know. I am on the website right now ordering up some stuff. I don't like getting samples....extra S & H and all. If I hate it, I'll suffer. How bad can fruit punch be?

I am hitting ORDER in a second or so, so I am grateful for the feedback. Thanks.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby smartipantz » March 26th, 2006, 9:15 am

For what it's worth..... I'm not a fan of the fruit punch..... and the cran/mango is ok if you blend it in the blender. I think my problem is I don't much care for the fake fruit taste. I also don't care for the banana, strawberry or orange shakes - go figure.

Smarti :)
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 26th, 2006, 9:53 am

Don't mean to hijack the thread here, but I'd like to say we got to meet SmartiPantz at a local TSFL meeting here in Portland last nite.

Nancy, Jan, Bonnie, Lisa and their hubbys (did I miss anyone?) from here on the forum were all there.

She was terrific and looked terrific too.
Great meeting you Smarti....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Smarti

Postby Jan » March 26th, 2006, 1:43 pm

You are soooo right Unca Tim,
We all did get to meet Smarti and she is looking good!!! Such a fun, and nice lady. :D
Now to those fruit drinks. Nancy suggested to me a while back that I try them hot. They are quite good -- I mix them cold first then heat them up. I'm afraid I'm not tooo much of a fan of the fruit punch -- but then I'll have to give it another try -- one never knows!!! :mrgreen: I do like to mix s/f syrups with the fruit drinks to give them a little more umph!! My favorite is s/f coconut syrup. Yummmmmy.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby bzlife1967 » March 26th, 2006, 2:30 pm

Im gonna try that fruit punch next time I order, Put some rum extract in it make it into a slushy.... mmmmm summer mai tai!!
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Drama Queen » March 27th, 2006, 5:20 pm

I have either the Fruit Punch or the Cranberry Mango Punch every day as one of my meals. Usually my mid-morning or afternoon. I like things a little tart so here is how I mix my Punch:

I put 16 oz. of water into my Blender Bottle, add either flavor packet of punch, add one Crystal Light Lemonade On the Go Packet, shake it up and pour :pour: over a glass full of ice. Yummy!!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby smartipantz » March 29th, 2006, 11:27 pm

Awwww Unca! Thanks!

It was GREAT meeting all of you as well :) We need to do that more often!
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Dayna » March 30th, 2006, 12:03 am

Unca_Tim wrote:Don't mean to hijack the thread here, but I'd like to say we got to meet SmartiPantz at a local TSFL meeting here in Portland last nite.

Nancy, Jan, Bonnie, Lisa and their hubbys (did I miss anyone?) from here on the forum were all there.

She was terrific and looked terrific too.
Great meeting you Smarti....:)

*Sigh* That's what I was on my way to when I had the infamous traffic-of-doom/pee-in-front-of-everyone/car-overheating experience. :nonono: Darn it, I missed out on meeting all those great people. :x Ah, well, next time . . .

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Marseilles » March 30th, 2006, 6:42 am

Okay, thats just unfair. You know it is Murphys Law when you have the pee crises on the way to meet fellow medifasters and are unable to make it!
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » March 30th, 2006, 8:44 am

Dayna,
I thought maybe that was your destination before your "incident".

Darn...woulda been great to meet you. See you at the next one....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Weight Room