Semi-Newbie (3 weeks)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Semi-Newbie (3 weeks)

Postby explorthis » October 1st, 2003, 9:17 pm

Howdy,

Mike here from San Bernardino Ca. Today marks the end of 24 days of Medifast. I have not cheated once (not even a medifast bar or meal). Though I never stepped on the scale to chart my loss, my guess at 6'3" 41 years old I was a whopping 340#. Many years ago I did Optifast, and results were astonishing. I was full of my self (about 20 years ago) lost 70# and was on top of the world. Since I was so full of myself I decided I did not need anything more, after loosing the weight and prompty made a lame excuse and quit the program, and promptly gained the weight back as quick as I lost it. Since then I have started about 200 diets, gained an additionl 50# over what I had originally lost, and never made it past about day 3, with the exception of Atkins, which I did do for about 2 weeks, but was so "meat-cheesed" out, I quit and did not start anything again until now. My Mom did a little research (started the same time as me) and we began together 3 weeks ago (and 2 days)

So far so good. the first 3 days were the hardest. I know I am loosing rapidly. I still wear my hugely baggy clothes, have not told a soul about my diet (though it does not feel like a diet) I have been told by a few that I look like I am loosing weight. I shrug it off, and say "me? naaa" though secretly I want to tell the world. Clothes are fitting much better my watch and wedding ring are sliding all over the place, after only 3 weeks.

I want the weight to come off. It has taken me 41 (almost 42) years to get this way, and I am bound to get it off once and for all in about 3 months, a very short time, in the general scheme of things.

Mentally it is a game with my brain, seeing commercials for big fat burgers and sandwiches etc, thinking I am hungry, but realistically, I am not hungry. Ketosis obviously works, how else could I go from 2-3 Big MAc's at lunch, and a huge dinner to boot to eating absolutely nothing?

I will post as I get farther in the progress.

Hoping you all well, and hope to be finally fit forever.

Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Semi Newbie from Sunny SB, Cal

Postby Nancy » October 1st, 2003, 10:28 pm

Howdy Doody Semi Newbie Mike in San Bernardino ~

You are doing great and I am so happy to hear from you! You have made a commitment to lose those pounds, to do it right this time and I know that you will succeed. You’ll soon need suspenders to hold up those hugely baggy clothes. Here’s a little clothing tip: use an electric drill to punch a new hole in your belt. Once your belt begins to flap about, others will figure out that you really are losing weight. As soon as your hugely baggies get too huge, dump ‘em at Goodwill and wear smaller, body fitting clothes. It will boost your ego to wear a smaller waist size and it will remind you that NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels! :lol:

I understand your desire to initially keep your eating plan a secret. Like you, I had failed so many times in the past :oops: that I was afraid to tell anyone that I was dieting AGAIN…the best part about Take Shape For Life is this: it is NOT a diet. Diets don’t work – do they?

This is a nutritionally balanced disease and weight management plan. We learn how to eat in a healthy way – smaller, highly nutritional and regularly spaced meals. I love the fact that the meals are the exact dosage size. You’re right, the hunger does go away after the first several days.

Once those skanky pounds melt away, we will teach you how to safely add foods back into your daily meal plan. You’ll be able to maintain your appropriate weight. Woo Hoo!

When those foody commercials come on the tube, use the old ‘clicker’ and blast ‘em outta there, Mike! Food is NOT our friend – truth be told, food is not anyone’s friend – it is merely fuel for our bod. Fuel. It does not love, it is not forgiving, food is not a friend and it is not our comfort. :twisted: When food calls, remind it that it is not your friend and that you choose the happy way – the healthy Medifast weigh. Pretty cool, huh?

I loved your post on our Forum. Mike, I know that you will prove to be a source of encouragement and hope for others that need to reclaim their health, too.

Didja take a “before” picture? I hope that you did. As you get closer to reaching your goal weight, we’ll have to talk about you joining our team and becoming a Health Advisor, too. Terry and I’d like nothing better than to come to San Bernardino and meet you in person, Mike. It could be Nancy and Terry’s Excellent Health Adventure! You could invite your family and friends that need to get healthy, too and we could have a shake tasting party!

Keep on slurpin’ those shakes and water and keep us posted. Isn’t it great bein’ a Loser?!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.