Secret Food Obsessions Lists. Be honest!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby bikipatra » June 2nd, 2007, 11:54 am

alpha femme wrote:my inner 2 year old likes frozen pop tarts.

My favorite are the strawberry with frosting and sprinkles. I like them untoasted or heated. Never heard of having them frozen.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bikipatra » June 2nd, 2007, 11:55 am

fairladyj wrote:Lutefisk (spelling is right) is also very common among Norwegian-Americans. I lived in North Dakota some years back, and the "religious" definition of lutefisk was "the piece of cod which passes all understanding" - you sorta have to be a Lutheran to get it :lol: -
but seriously - I don't understand how anyone could eat fish that's been soaked in lye! :tongue:

Sounds like a Rose special from the Golden Girls.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby alpha femme » June 2nd, 2007, 12:19 pm

bikipatra wrote:
alpha femme wrote:my inner 2 year old likes frozen pop tarts.

My favorite are the strawberry with frosting and sprinkles. I like them untoasted or heated. Never heard of having them frozen.

yeah, see, strawberry milkshake and cookie dough pop tarts right out of the freezer are amazing. i don't really like any hot food-- but these are so my downfall.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » June 2nd, 2007, 4:17 pm

OK - I was fine until someone mentioned PopTarts. I used to eat a whole box of them by myself while reading. I'm with Biki - I only like the strawberry with icing. Of course, what DIDN'T I used to eat a whole package of at once? Sometimes I wonder how any store or restaurant stays in business now without me....
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby CaribGirl » June 4th, 2007, 5:50 am

We have poptarts in the house because my daughter loves them. One day when i was particularly hungry I ate one packet. They were so good I ate another packet. Do you know how many calories are in 4 Poptarts? OMG....i think it's around 800....I felt so sick when I saw that and swore poptarts off for life!
CaribGirl
Trusted Member

Postby Diana » June 4th, 2007, 11:13 pm

Calories-shmalries (she says synically...and adds a psha for good measure). And there are so many new KINDS of poptarts now!! They must sell them in the cafeteria for breakfast -- my students are constantly coming in with them first period. And here I thought is was heaven when they started putting frosting on them!

So there you have it, the new flavors of poptarts, the new shakes at Sonic (on the commercials -- never been to Sonics, but they started advertising all manner of drooly combinations the VERY WEEK I started Medifast), anything new Reese's puts out (I don't like peanut butter, but I like Reese's -- must, again, be the sugar), and, yes, some of the new fangled party drinks.

..::sigh::..

BUT I've lost 109 lbs! And if I hadn't stopped and tasted the flowers along the way, I'd be even further down the road.

Thanks for this thread, Biki!! Any tool I can add to my armory against the power food has had over most of my life is a great thing!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Diana » June 4th, 2007, 11:15 pm

You know, it just dawned on me -- this would be a good thread to put, oh, in the Weight Room or something.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Previous

Return to The Weight Room