What is the secret?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

What is the secret?

Postby Charlybug » July 10th, 2004, 7:21 am

Hi! I did SOOO good on my first Medifast diet. I lost 7 lbs in 7 days. (My goal is to lose 33 lbs). Then the 4th of July came and I thought, well, I'll just start again in a couple of days. I can't seem to get motivated enough to get back in the swing. I really want to, but can't. So, what's the secret? I need help in getting started again! Thanks so much!
Charlybug

Postby Ria » July 10th, 2004, 9:30 am

Hi CarlyBug,

I dont know that there is a secret to making this program work. Certainly, Will Power is not what will help us succeed as it will only lasts for so long before we give in and revert back to our old ways. I think more than anything else it is a conscious decision that we make. At least for me it was. I just got sick and tired of being heavy, unable to feel confident in my own skin but most of all knowing that I am not being all that I can be because of my weight issue. So I made the decision to once and for all lose all the excess weight using Medifast.

I have also done some other things to ensure that I do not fail:

- Created a no-fail environment. I do not have anything in my house that will allow me to cheat. I mean NOTHING!
- Excercise. Even when I dont feel like it I do it anyway.
- Set realistic expectations. I dont expect to be what I weighed in high school but I will settle for my college weight, 128lbs :-) I also never compare myself to other "bodies" ANYWWHERE.
- I see myself at my goal weight EVERY DAY.
- I ask God for some extra grace each day:-)
- I have extra shakes/bars/soups/crackers for those tough days.

Guess what?!?!!? I am working Medifast each day and it is working for me! This is my 7th week on the program and I still have no desire to eat like I ate pre-Medifast. I have lost approx 7 inches (last I checked 2 wks ago) and gotten rid of the large sizes.

Dont beat your self up about July 4th. Just jump back on the Medifast wagon and keep going. You dont have that much to lose and you will be there before you know it. Lets do this! :toast:

184/172?(weight 4 weeks ago. Weigh day is 07/15/2004)/130
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Guest » July 10th, 2004, 10:12 am

You are so inspiring. I loved EVERYTHING you said. Thank you so much. I will keep your list handy and follow your advice because I think it's GREAT advice! You're the best! Congratulations on your seven weeks! Thanks so much again....

Postby Nancy » July 10th, 2004, 2:26 pm

The Secret, CharlyBug is doing the right thing, day in and day out until you reach your goal!

That picnic grub will always be around. You can have some when you reach your goal.

I just visualize the forbidden foods as being really nasty –
Spaghetti – of course, that’s easy: worms!
Cookies: cardboard laced with preservatives.
Chips: Slices of ordinary dirty potatoes with eyes and warts fried in slimy greasy vegetable and animal fat. I think about what they do to my heart and veins. I haven’t had a tater chip since July 2002. I’d rather have pie.
Here’s my biggest deterrent:
I remember what it was like for my Daddy in the ICU for months after 70% of his heart died. I remember how scared I felt and how awful it was for my little Mommy while Daddy was so ill. I don't want that to happen to my precious daughter and son-in-law -- to have to live in the waiting room at a hospital because of something that I could have prevented.

Choices. I keep my choices in the front of my brain and think on them all the time. We went to a movie late last night.

I have had a :shock: semi-stressful couple of weeks of late and TRUE CONFESSION HERE: I did not eat very much on Wed. or Thurs. and I just ran out of gas because of it.

I did a better job yesterday of eating on time and eating enough but am still somewhat puny-feeling. When I am puny, it is easier to cave to the flave rave of :twisted: Forbidden Foods:twisted:

Back to the movies, now. I had had all my food allotment for the day, had eaten pretty much on time Friday and when we went to the movies, I took a bottle of water in my purse and a S'mores Bar.

The smells of popcorn were outtasight - I think they intensify the popcorn odor somehow. People all around us were eating, slurping and exhaling. Exhaling popcorn breath on me.
I drank my water. Very slowly. The movie wasn't that great and I was sleepy and bored. I ate my S'mores Bar and I felt so full and very satisfied.

When we go places, we must be prepared. Medifast.

Never leave home without it.

:water: Water. Never leave home without it.

Choose for yourself this day Whatcha gonna do – shake away those pounds or increase the size of your hips?

You can do it. Medifast it!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.