Screwed up big today...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Screwed up big today...

Postby ChubNoMo » May 15th, 2006, 12:07 am

I don't know what came over me today. I was doing fine. Then I just went whacko and now I'm busting at the seams, and I feel horrible and stuffed.

I feel like I need to redeem myself and either not eat anything tomorrow, or do 6-0 for a couple of days. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have not fallen this far off MF in the 8 weeks that I've been on it. I don't know why I went so crazy today and why I sabattoged myself like this.

Karin

Start: 3/6/06
ChubNoMo
Newbie - #30 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 15th, 2006, 4:02 am

I would suggest that you NOT go to extremes. Just jump back on the plan, the way that you've been doing all along. Give it a couple of days and your body will feel better and so will you spirit.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ktrout » May 15th, 2006, 4:11 am

It's behind you, we all exeprience it at one time or another and in one shape or form. The good thing is that you were able to recognize it for what it is. It's just a mis step.

Sit back, breathe deeply and think about how far you've come already and where you want to be in the future.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » May 15th, 2006, 4:38 am

I TOTALLY agree with Arklahoma. Whenever I've "lost it" and when berzerk, I always wanted to atone for my foody sins by doing the complete fast right after...it only sent me into berzerk mode the next evening!!! Just get right back to what you've been doing. Like Ktrout said, it's behind you now, forget it and move forward.

Keep Shakin :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » May 15th, 2006, 4:49 am

I agree with the others. The past is the past. If you try to atone for it by not eating or doing the full fast you are risking letting yourself get overly hungry again and eating off plan again. I would say that if anything you made need to add in a legal snack or another shake the next day or two while your body returns to ketosis. Think of it this way if you are on a long walk and you trip and fall you would not get up and sprint for awhile to catch up to where you would have been had you not fallen you would get up and continue walking like you were before. You have not failed you had a slip up so just get up and keep walking. We are all with you!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Ketann » May 15th, 2006, 5:59 am

Hugs Karin :). We're all here for you. Nobody's perfect. We're all here for the same reason. I believe MF program isn't about just losing weight but about learning how to eat right. Don't punish your body cause you made a mistake. Just get back on the wagon. Hey, there's a spot next to me ;) . Take care Karin.

Shakes and Hugs,

Keturah
Ketann
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby momof2 » May 15th, 2006, 10:33 am

ChubNoMo, MusicalMomma and falisamarie are soooo right.. Trying to do the complete fast the next couple of days makes it worse. Believe me, I've been so bad these past 2 weeks on and off and tried to do the complete fast afterward. I ended up cheating again because I was so hungry. Go back to 5/1. I cheated yesterday again, of course, because I have no self control (and the only way we know how to celebrate is by going out to eat) and am now so hungry, but I'm starting to forgive myself and am trying to get out of that self-sabotage mode.

Falisamarie's suggestion for a legal snack is a great idea. I made a big batch of jello to help me through the next couple of days.

Started 4/1/06
momof2
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby momof2 » May 15th, 2006, 10:44 am

PS, drink a whole lot of water today.. it helps with that hunger and helps cleanse.

Started 4/1/06
momof2
Trusted Member - #10 Club

It's OVER!

Postby Timpma » May 15th, 2006, 1:32 pm

Dear Karin,
It is now SO over, and we can continue from this day forward! I am now on my 3rd medifast "meal" and my 5th/6th glass of water. How are you doing?

All the left-over food is in the faculty kitchen. I am going to start bringing my water bottles to school, so that I don't have to go in there at all. Either that, or I am going to dump it all in the trash.

Since I am quitting this job, as of today, it might be appropriate to dump all the food in the trash. Sort of like saying, "take this job and >>>>>> it!" along with all the stress of this place!

Karin, you KNOW that if you go without eating, you will binge again tonight. So will I. We both had a bad weekend. But, we have goals, remember? Places to go and people to see is skinny!

Hang in there, and keep in touch, and let us know how you are doing today!

YOU CAN DO THIS!! :x

Love, Connie
Timpma
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Timpma » May 15th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Places to go and people to see US skinny!! :lol:
Timpma
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby ChubNoMo » May 15th, 2006, 2:32 pm

Thanks, everyone, for picking me up! ! I feel so much better after reading your replies :D I've been gone all day long, but I actually only had one meal so far. After yesterday, I was SO overly full and the thought of eating when I was still feeling stuffed, I just waited til I was actually hungry. I'll do lean and green tonite and maybe a shake later on. Didn't have the guts to get on the scale today. I think I'll give it a couple more days.

I'll be drinking buckets of water the rest of the day! :lol:

Karin

Start: 3/6/06
ChubNoMo
Newbie - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 15th, 2006, 9:48 pm

I agree with everyone else! It happened, it's over...you posted to us and were accountable! Just go back to the program, don't do anything extreme, know that you might feel like crap for a couple of days, but you know how powerful this program is and you KNOW that if you get right back on, this will only be a bump in the road. It's a long road, there will be a few bumps. It'll all be good, just get through the next few days...we'll be here with you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room