Scale Superstitions

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Scale Superstitions

Postby nickieluv » November 11th, 2008, 9:33 am

So I'm a firm believer in taking time to laugh at yourself - and yesterday while trying to fall asleep I was thinking about (what else) weighing in this morning and I realized I have some pretty dumb feelings about that scale.

1 - you must weigh in first thing in the morning, naked, and preferably after potty-time. (I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on THAT one, though!)

2 - I weigh myself both before AND after a shower, in case I had some really heavy dirt on me. :roll:

3 - even though I barely process the number it shows, I get on that darn scale EVERY TIME I leave the bathroom, even if I just went in there to peek in the mirror or something.

4 - my favorite dumb superstition, which I only just put into words last night - I have to look at the wall while I'm on the scale, because if I look down at the numbers too soon, the weight of my head hanging down will cause a higher number to appear. :oops: :lol:

Anybody else willing to share some scale quirks you might have?
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » November 11th, 2008, 10:37 am

Well, I do the first one, but that's because I know how much my weight fluctuates during the day. So if I want to get the most accurate number, that's the way to go.

I also weigh pretty much anytime I pass the scale. I see it as extra exercise. LOL.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Gwenski » November 17th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Okay, so I here you on your first supersition. That's why we are lucky to be at home and in private!

For me, I pretty much repeat this daily BUT only my weigh in day counts. This gives me a bit of a boost to keep going to work harder at the beginning of each day.

I've been in that place where I keep getting on the scale but that gave it way too much power. For piece of mind and not setting yourself up to be too tied down, frustrated, obsessed, etc......limit your time on that, that....THING!

But if you cannot stop yourself, at least you are getting some exercise getting on and off. Hey, put it on a step platform.....you'll have some nice calves in no time!

La la la LA LA!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Gwenski » November 17th, 2008, 5:34 pm

Okay, so I hear you on your first supersition. That's why we are lucky to be at home and in private!

For me, I pretty much repeat this daily BUT only my weigh in day counts. This gives me a bit of a boost at the beginning of each day to keep going or to work harder.

I've been in that place where I keep getting on the scale but that gave it way too much power. For piece of mind and not setting yourself up to be too tied down, frustrated, obsessed, etc......limit your time on that, that....THING!

But if you cannot stop yourself, at least you are getting some exercise getting on and off. Hey, put it on a step platform.....you'll have some nice calves in no time!

La la la LA LA!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Return to The Weight Room