Rodeomom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Sojourner » November 3rd, 2007, 11:33 pm

Wow, Rodeo!
Huge difference in the cheek area...
at least the face cheeks, I can't see the others!
:lol: Heehee. :lol:
And, uhm..........do I really need to say it??
Nice clavicles!!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » November 4th, 2007, 2:59 am

Sojourner wrote:Wow, Rodeo! Nice clavicles!!

I knew it! Yes you had to say it! You can't help yourself but it is very true! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby rodeomom » November 4th, 2007, 6:48 am

Thanks Sojo and Biki. I knew they (the clavicles) were in there somewhere. And umm - I still have pleanty "cheek" left to go "around". They are getting smaller too though.

I sure hope to get some lab results back today AND that there is something to report so I can get on a medicine to make me feel better. This morning has been pretty tough thus far.

09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby rodeomom » November 4th, 2007, 11:43 am

Still suffering from whatever it is I have, but weigh in was good for me. I am down another 5 pounds this week. I am basically still on plan - the only change I make, if any, is to have a bar instead of a lean and green which has put me at two bars for those days. I am still having issues with eating anything more than a soup because of my stomach/intestinal sickness, but no answer from teh doc yet. :roll:

Just trying to keep hanging in there.
rodeomom

Postby jskm » November 4th, 2007, 12:09 pm

Well, I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly and I hope that gets better soon. However, you are looking GREAT. WHAT a change! I haven't been on here that long, but I can tell a HUGE difference already in just what I have seen in the couple weeks I've been around. WOW.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby rodeomom » November 4th, 2007, 12:29 pm

Thanks JSKM. Sometimes it is hard to see it on myself until others mention it. I just went out a picked up a bag of horse food - 50 pounds worth. It boggles my mind that I was carrying around THAT much weight and more on my poor bones.
rodeomom

Postby rodeomom » November 9th, 2007, 11:55 am

OMG! I do not EVER want to be that sick again! I honestly felt like I should have been planning my funeral. The stomach pain was nearly unbearable and God help me if I ever got more than a few feet from the bathroom. None of the many tests the doctor ran showed anything conclusive, but he went ahead and put me on an antibiotic anyway. 3 days after starting the Cipro, I am finally feeling almost normal again. Unfortunatly, though the CAT scan didn't find anything to explain my stomach issues, it did show "something of concern" on my right ovary. Now I am schedualed for an ultra sound for that on Tuesday.

So I am completely wiped out from being sick. I basically stuck to a 6 & 0 plan because MF was the only thing that didn't cause me horrible pain to eat (and then I still couldn't tolerate the bars or the oatmeal). Tuesday, I did break down and had a couple peices of whole grain toast with ICBINB on them. There is just something about toast that is comforting when I am having tummy pain. I know that I shouldn't ever use food for comfort, but I had been horribly ill for 9 days and was close to just completely giving up. Since the toast I have been able to get completely back OP and I am feeling pretty good about that.

Any exercise routine has been non existant the last couple of weeks. Other than my chores in the barn and housework for my mom, my days have been spent prone or on the throne. :shock: Physical therapy started up for me again on Tuesday. He wanted me to ride the stationary bike, but I just couldn't do it. I am hoping to have my energy back to start walking again next week. Right now I am focusing on rehydrating and resting my body from being sick.
rodeomom

Postby DonnaS » November 9th, 2007, 12:19 pm

So glad to see that you are feeling better now. Take it easy so you will make a full recovery.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS

Postby rodeomom » November 9th, 2007, 12:42 pm

Wanted to share my buddies with ya'll! The first is Tucker, he is MY dog and the one that keeps me motivated to walk. The lab is Angel - she loves everybody. The Corgies are Noel and Charley. Noel is the tri-color (the mom), Charley is the Sable (the son). Noel is everyone's friend, well so is Charley, but he is without a doubt my mother's dog. They all crowded on my bed last week while I was sick. They kept me company and kept me warm through the chills caused by the fever. Just had to share!

rodeomom

Postby jskm » November 9th, 2007, 12:46 pm

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better and good job on getting back on plan. I'm the same way with toast btw. Don't know what it is about it, it just calms my stomach for some reason.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby iammissruth » November 9th, 2007, 2:57 pm

Hey,
I know that you have posted a few times on my journal and I just wanted to say that you have been through so much and are such an inspiration. I am only on page 3 of 12 of your journal, but it's time to face the commute home and take care of my baby.
Talk to you soon.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Charity » November 10th, 2007, 2:16 am

Hiya!
I have been off the forum for a week or so and I am just stopping by to say hiya! Congrats on staying on plan with such an ordeal going on! Your pictures look great. The pounds are just melting off of you.

Aloha!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity

Postby bikipatra » November 10th, 2007, 4:57 am

The pictures are adorable and I am so glad you are feeling better. Let me know when you get your package!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby rodeomom » November 10th, 2007, 9:21 am

Thanks Biki - Everyday is a little better for me which is better than everyday being a little worse like it was last week. :? I actually tollerated my L & G very well last night which was a good sign. No major belly ache this morning. I am basically OP except for the 3 extra carbs I am getting in my yogurt that I am eating for probiotics. Nutrition support said that if I wasn't eating bars then the 3 carbs from the yogurt wouldn't hurt. She said to add it to my plan not exchange it for a meal.

Well - now that I am feeling better I can see the stack of sewing that is waiting to be done. Thanks for all the well wishes and PM's everyone!
rodeomom

Postby rodeomom » November 10th, 2007, 4:01 pm

Man, I feel like I got so much accomplished today. My sewing stack had risen to amazing heights so I tackled it today. I replaced a zipper in my Deanna's jeans, took a pair of button up CK jeans and made them zip up for my mom, hemmed a pair of slacks for Mom and a pair of jeans for Deanna and started working on a tote bag order from who knows how long ago. I am thinking that getting those totes done before the day they need them is an interesting concept.

I am glad that I did the chores in the barn today (fed, threw down hay, cleaned stalls etc) and carried in a few arm loads of wood for the fire. Since I was sitting at the sewing machine all afternoon, at least I got some exercise. Speaking of exercise, I really need to come up with a formal program of some sort. The problem is that I just can't get motivated to even look for something much less do it once I get it. I enjoy taking Tucker for a walk at the arboretum, but with the weather changing, that isn't going to be an option for long. I can't afford to consider a gym membership. I am thinking about getting a DVD of some sort, but - again - I just can't find the motivation.

On another note, I am kinda scared about my ultra sound on Tuesday. Wouldn't you know - just my luck that a CT to find out what was causing my stomach pain would find "something of concern" on my right ovary and NOT find any explanation as to the stomach issue. I would appreiciate the prayers of those who do pray, that whatever was seen on the CT turns out to be nothing.

Well, the sewing room beckons yet again. I am on a roll!
rodeomom

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal