Restarting the program...again

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Restarting the program...again

Postby TamiL » April 16th, 2004, 12:05 pm

Hey Guys..when I first started Medifast..I vowed that I would never cheat..that after paying for all the supplements that I would never go off the program!! well..the last few weeks..I would have to say that "honeymoon" phase of my program is over!! it happens to me everytime!! I have been going on MAJOR binges...even getting dressed in the middle of the night after seeing commercials and getting junk food...RIGHT BACK TO MY OLD HABITS...and I cant seem to get it together!! I did good for the last 4 days...untill last night, I was crazy out of my mind for something sweet...and for something salty..not sure what is wrong with my menstral cycle, been cramping the last week..but no sign of old aunt flo yet...already called the doc for an appt. to see whats up. I ate till I was sick last night...and today I feel so horrible!! I have to confess this to you all...and I have to START OVER... so heres my Pledge..:
I Tami, promise myself to RESTART MEDIFAST today, on this day of APRIL 16th, I will begin my exercise program today as well..and stick to it. I will log in a journal how I am feeling every day and when to have my supplements as I did in the beginning...and no more eating anything that is not on the program or "allowed",,,when I wake up..I will NOT SIT ON MY COMPUTER FOR HOURS...I will put my workout clothes on and do my workout FIRST AND FOREMOST...then I will wait a while and have a shake...I WILL RESTART MY WEIGHT TRAINING PROGRAM and build muscle to help me with strengh in my job and to loose all this body fat!!
I will read this forum daily if possible, and with the strength I get from all of you...I WILL STAY ON TRACK!!
This...I promise myself...because I am not a QUITTER...I may have gotten off track a handful of times....but I WILL NOT LET THAT DE-REAIL ME!!

thats it.....Deep breath in....exhale....here it goes...Im off to hit the treadmill...and start this program all over again...
thanks for listening!!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lori » April 16th, 2004, 12:09 pm

good luck!!! i know you can do it!! you have been an inspiration to me on this post since i started 3 weeks ago. you have such a cute personality. i am with you all the way!!!
Start 03/27/04
225/210/160ish
lori
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Tonya » April 16th, 2004, 1:12 pm

sounds like you have the momentum back!!! I'm already starting to falter and I've only been doing this for a few weeks! I am as hungry this week as I was the first...But being faithful today is a great feeling tomorrow!
Tonya
161/149/127

You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.
Tonya

Postby Carrie » April 16th, 2004, 1:50 pm

Ok Girl.
You made us a promise, now don't break it. I'm expecting you to succeed.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Landylue » April 16th, 2004, 3:59 pm

May all who read this be advised that we wholeheartedly do hereby go on record and declare on this date that we hold Tami fully and personally accountable for the pledges, statements, and promises made by her within this post.

Furthermore, we strongly declare our love and concern for her emotional and physical welfare, and do entreat her to take advantage of this new beginning within every area of her life.

Furthermore, be it understood by all concerned that the concept of failure on this program by Tami or anyone else on this forum, is not now, nor will ever be, an option.

Signed this 16th day of April 2004.

Landylue

[Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and arm-in-arm, we're back on that yellow brick road heading to Thinville, Tami. Don't you slow down now. We are NOT letting go of you!]
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Landylue » April 16th, 2004, 6:43 pm

And another thing, young lady. . .

:3head:

:cleader: :coach: :weightlift: :whip: :cleader:

:hug:

:rose:

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Maddie » April 17th, 2004, 8:55 am

Since we are making pledges, I would like to make one of my own.

I promise to remember what it feels like to make the wrong choice,(with out beating myself up). I promise not to abondon myself into the cycle of food addiction. I promise to stay in recovery for the sake of taking care of myself the same way I would take care of anyone else I love. I promise to use this phase (wieght loss) as a time to learn about me, build a stronger relationship with my personal spiritual beliefs, and to learn a new relastionship with food.

I promise to support any one else who chooses this journey. I promise to recognize the courage, faith and committment in each of you as we "ride the train". I promise to read the posts and keep on shaking.

Maddie
If at first you fail your deed,
try again till you succeed.

06/12/04
195/190/goal(145)
Maddie

Postby TamiL » April 17th, 2004, 4:58 pm

Thank you all for your support....your all so kind and really know how to lift me up!! :exercise:

Heres to new starts!
Tami

TamiL

To Maddie

Postby kimay » April 17th, 2004, 6:18 pm

What beautiful, kind words. Could never have said it better myself. Really made me think today, recommit and uplifted me. Amen sister! And thank you so much!

Kim
kimay

Postby RavenKat » April 18th, 2004, 5:52 am

Maddie, I hope you don't mind but I copied your post into my journal. I found your words really beautiful and just what I need to look at when I have a bad day.

Be strong everyone and have a beautiful Sunday!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby explorthis » April 19th, 2004, 6:51 am

I Tami, promise myself to RESTART MEDIFAST today, on this day of APRIL 16th, I will begin my exercise program today as well..and stick to it.

OK... First post I read since being gone a week!!! I cannot/will not let you get away from this, Tami.

You are officially on "Mike-Watch"

You are my support as well as I hope I am yours. I read and read your posts over and over. We know this is the program to end ALL programs, bar none.

I am watching (and supporting)

-Back from Vacation Guy
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Starloser63 » April 19th, 2004, 7:02 am

Dear Tami,

Hope you got yourself back on track. I started Saturday. I am saying a prayer for your strength and success. I know you can do it. Good or bad you have always been there for me, so I am here for you.

Welcome back Mike! Hope you had a nice vacation.

(((BIG HIGS)))

Susan F
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Mike Watch

Postby TamiL » April 19th, 2004, 12:45 pm

Hey Susan...thanks for your kind words..IM doing okay...I HAVE TO BE..IM NOW OFFICIALLY on MIKE WATCH!! ooooh nooooooo!!! :shock:
actually..thats a good thing...I need some butt kickin to keep me goin sometimes!! and all the support I can get!!!

Mike I hope your vacation was enjoyable and you had a great time!! you are a great sense of support for me here too, your posts have always inspired me and its great to see you enjoying LIFE at your New weight, that is why I started this program...so that I could do all the things I have been wanting to....now a days I find myself having to constantly remind myself WHY I am doing this....some days are harder than others!

I never imagined I would be "starting" back to Medifast...but I feel those tired days and those hunger pangs all over again..its hard to KNOW that I have gained weight back...but I cannot get myself on the scale....Im afraid just seeing the numbers higher than I expected would throw me off altogether!! so for now..its a whole new start...slate wiped clean..Ill wait untill my pants feel loose again...and I know im in Ketosis...then Ill weigh and measure....

thank you all for your support!! your all so kind and Im greatful to be here on this forum! ;)

TamiL

Postby elle4nelly » April 20th, 2004, 12:36 pm

You'll be fine Tami!
Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going!
There's no looking back and trying to figure out why...just keep going at it. It will hopefully stick!

I need to be on Mike Watch too!!! I keep lapsing into Margaritas and non-alchoholic frozen daiquiries.
It's sunny , it's beautiful and I'm sick of diets and jello...

I can hear the voices of failures luring me to quit...It's been rough the last few days to hang in there....some days are perfect and some days I have a perfect diet day plus a margarita or some other non medifast thing out there...
It's tough but I just keep going at it..and remind myself that the only thing i'm sabotaging his my Dream!! and all I'm doing is putting myself behind...I am sooo bored with this that I 'm impatient to get to the finish line and therefore...I need to straighten up and stay on the path!!!

So... see? you ain't alone!

Nelly :(
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » April 20th, 2004, 6:15 pm

Hi, Kids ~

What a good place to come when one is bummed or feeling gladsome! Tami, we absolutely are right here for you, Kid. Gosh, some days (and some weeks) are totally :x KILLER! :x

I could relate to your comment about getting dressed late at night and going out for JUNK even though your cupboards were full of healthy and good for you Medifood! Drat! Don'tcha wish you had one of those ignition killer devices that smelled your breath before it allowed the car to start? If only the detector could sniff out carb and fat hunger and refuse to start, we'd be in great shape, eh??

This is a new day. Don't harm yourself. Hmm...don't worry about the scale either. It'll wait for you so when you're ready, leap on. I wonder if you are overdoing it with the exercise? Be careful.

When you're hungry, have another shake or some oatmeal.

You're right to mention the three-four days of ARGH! & Blech! & HUNGER while you're waiting for ketosis to kick in. For me, that is always a good incentive - I don't wanna go thru it again so I choose carefully.

:twisted: When the hunger is great, go to bed. TURN off the tube - too many foody commercials! Listen to lullaby music and go to sleep or read a book or call someone to come over who will prevent you from prowlin' the kitchen.

Summer's comin', Girl! :oops: Shorts in summer or chips now?

Remember, we choose the party we attend and even though we wanna go to ALL the parties, it just isn't possible to have it all!

Remind yourself, nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

It's now or later. I eat it now, I feel crappy later. I don't eat it now, I feel and look good later...

You shall make it, Friend. We KNOW you will!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room