restarting

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

restarting

Postby symone » September 26th, 2005, 1:04 pm

Well I'm restarting Medifast tomorrow. I intially started Medifast on September 12th. I find that I do pretty well until about 4PM. From this point on I'm starving for the rest of the day and ultimately wind up cheating by late evening (10PM). I'm doing the 5/1 and even after I eat my lean and green I'm still hungry. During the day, I'm fine. I think I've done only one day without cheating. I really want to lose weight but I have absolutely no willpower. I know Medifast works but I can't seem to commit. I'm trying to stay positive but it's so hard. I read all the post of others and their success and wish it could be. I know that hard work has gone into it but I feel like such a failure that I can't stay committed. But tomorrow I'm jumping in again feet first. I hope all goes well.
Started 10/3/2005
246.5/240.0/150.0

I'm doing it!!!
symone

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 26th, 2005, 7:03 pm

Hi Symone!

The 3 things that I have read on this formum that have helped me the most:

I am trying to drink a gallon of water a day. Most days, I am getting within 16 oz., if not making it all the way.

Second, I went from MF every 4 hours to every 3 hours. It helps SOoooo much!

Last, I am saving my bar for around 3 o'clock and chasing it with about 32 oz of water! The bar seems to expand in your stomach and it keeps you full for quite a while.

Are you saving an MF for late at night? I have had soup quite a few nights at around 9 or 10. Eating an extra MF product would be better than more food also.

I am on the complete fast right now. I had to get away from food! Pickles were making me retain water, so I am eating my 3 stalks of celery late at night too. I hope this helps!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby symone » September 27th, 2005, 8:14 am

Thanks mama. I'm going to incorporate you suggestions into my regiment. Well except the celery :? I don't like celery. I was going to do pickles instead, but because you said that you retained salt I'm going to get some low sodium pickles. I also ordered the delicate chicken soup for the times when I need a little more. Thanks for your encouragement. And I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Started 10/3/2005
246.5/240.0/150.0

I'm doing it!!!
symone

Postby jentuke » September 27th, 2005, 8:58 am

Another thing that I have found that helps is to create a ritual with hot tea. After I would eat my lean and green in the evening, I would find myself pacing around the kitchen and opening up the fridge and the pantry and know I was within an inch of screwing up. Hot tea has been my saving grace.

Buy some nice loose tea. After you are done eating your lean and green, put the kettle on to boil. Add tea to your tea pot. Add water. Take your mug and tea pot over to where you can relax. Pour yourself a cup of tea and unwind. I find it very helpful to create many steps in the process. I boil the water in a kettle (which takes time) and use loose tea (which takes time, plus feels slightly more indulgent than just opening a tea bag).

So, I find that by the time I have finished my first cup of tea, I'm not hungry anymore. The food has had time to start working, plus the additional liquid helps fill me up. Best of all though, it encourages you to take time for you. It is a moment to stop an relax.
jentuke
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby symone » September 27th, 2005, 9:10 am

Great advice plus I love tea. Thank you so much!!!
Started 10/3/2005
246.5/240.0/150.0

I'm doing it!!!
symone

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 27th, 2005, 4:21 pm

Hi again Symone,

Nancy taught me a few tips for celery: squirt a little mustard on them. She also told me to chop them up and add some Davinci SF green apple syrup. Legal, and it tastes like a granny smith apple! I had to order the syrup online because I can't find anywhere around here (Lansing Michigan area) that carries it! So, I don't know yet, but I can't wait to taste a granny smith apple again!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » September 27th, 2005, 8:15 pm

Hi Symone--

Sorry to hear you are having trouble .. I was complaint ever since I started MF till I stopped for hurricane Katrina..Since then I have been going through the same thing you have..I start off really good only to end up eating the wrong things at night or later in the day..NOW i know this program works as I have lost alot using it..So I am determined to get my frame of mind back on track..I also like bouillion soup as my extra for the day..it helps me feel full.. have a blessed week..YOU CAN DO THIS!!--martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Day one Down

Postby symone » September 28th, 2005, 8:52 am

Well day one went smoothly. When my hunger pains attacked with a vengenance last night, I had MF chocolate pudding. So instead of 6 supplements, I had 7. But I guess this beats having something non-Medifast. So far so good this morning.
Started 10/3/2005
246.5/240.0/150.0

I'm doing it!!!
symone

Postby joysea » September 28th, 2005, 2:11 pm

Dear Friends,

Someone told me that the further you distance yourself from the offending
substances, (both physically and mentally), the easier it becomes. That is what my mantra has been for the past 5 days! I cannot even look at the local grocery store weekly advertisement for fear of letting in these unwanted thoughts of gluttony!

I am also really, really trying to

FEEL THE FEELING!

instead of stuffing it!

Slowly, very, very slowly I am doing it!

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » September 28th, 2005, 7:28 pm

joysea wrote:Someone told me that the further you distance yourself from the offending substances, (both physically and mentally), the easier it becomes. That is what my mantra has been for the past 5 days! I cannot even look at the local grocery store weekly advertisement for fear of letting in these unwanted thoughts of gluttony!

I sooooo agree! Tonight on my way to a class, I dropped off a big bag of "verboden" foods at my parents! :lol: They were purchased in weak moments, and I knew sooner or later, I would be starving and looking at them longingly! I won't say what they were so as not cause our foodie imaginations to salivate... but all I can say is, BETTER OUT OF MY KITCHEN! :coach: OUT OUT OUT!

And I immediately recycle all grocery flyers too... tossed out "take-out" menus I had... skip over recipes in the newspaper... think about my thighs whenever coworkers discuss what lunch to order in... (HA!)

Feeling the feelings is hard. I think I have just hit on what will be a BIG help to me - this intro to Italian class I am taking! Anything to get my mind off food... and onto something full of fun and detail and adventure.

I also got a few books, some fancy (though discounted!) coffee table books full of boo-tee-ful photos, on Italy, and will be going through them and doing my drooling that way! Ok, I will have to rip right past the food pages! Hehehe!

My reward for getting to my goal next Spring will be a trip to Italy :) Venice, Florence, more Tuscany, Rome... I wish I could take a month or two off, but I'll probably only have 2 weeks. Well, THIS time around! ;)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

I know how you feel

Postby Toxsiq » September 28th, 2005, 8:20 pm

I'm exactly the same way. It's a horrible feeling!:x But I only get really bad when I'm not out and about and it's the mind hunger instead of the stomach hunger.

You know what's :? weird :? ? The longer I go without eating the less hungry I get, but as soon as I have a shake I can't stop craving my next shake or meal replacement.

Last week I felt completely opposite. :roll: I lost all interest in food. I have to remember how hard it is to get back on track before I step off the plan so there is no next time. I sympathize with you, but I don't think you have a lack of willpower. Give yourself the option to forgive yourself and start over as of RIGHT NOW. :mrgreen:

Don't give up. Just don't give up. Look at my quote. Bruce Lee was the man, he knew how to put stuff in perspective, on the real. Each advance AND RETREAT is a step in the right direction.

I can't give up. You can't give up. A lotta people around here seem to find strength in their religion, I find strength through my training in martial arts, you just need to find your source and it's all good.

xoxo Toxsiq
319/314/145

"The control of our being is not unlike the combination to a safe, each advance and retreat is a step toward ones final goal." -Bruce Lee
Toxsiq

Postby joysea » September 28th, 2005, 8:51 pm

Toxsiq wrote:

"The control of our being is not unlike the combination to a safe, each advance and retreat is a step toward ones final goal." -Bruce Lee

I meant to tell you yesterday that I loved this! Bruce Lee has captured the essence of my life's weight loss journey!

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

On day four and loving it

Postby symone » October 6th, 2005, 10:39 am

Well I'm proud to announce I am on day 4. I finally stopped finding reasons why I couldn't do it and just put my mind to it and did it. It is so true about it getting better after the first three days. Today I feel great. And I was bad and weighed myself. But in the first 3 days of my 5/1 program I lost 6.5 lbs. While I know that may fluctuate throughout the rest of the week. That shows me that this is doable (Ha, I'm doing it). For those that think they can't let me tell you I think I have the worst will power on earth, but this is so easy and it makes you feel wonderful. Honestly today, I'm not hungry I had my second supplement even though I wasn't hungry. If I can do it. I know EVERYONE can.

To all those who have sent words of encouragement along the way thanks for hanging in there with me. I know I've been wishy washy but I want to thank you for giving me words of encouragement to get on track and do this.
Started 10/3/2005
246.5/240.0/150.0

I'm doing it!!!
symone

Postby Lisa Renee » October 6th, 2005, 2:30 pm

YAY SYMONE!!! Great job girl! You finally did it! You must feel like a whole new person. Willpower is very empowering, if that makes sense..lol...When you have it, you feel in control of EVERYTHING, not just your eating. You feel a sense of hope for the future don't you? This is the best thing you have ever done for yourself. Keep coming back here so we can keep encouraging you.

:yay:
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.