Restart and into day two & doin' great!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Restart and into day two & doin' great!!!

Postby MomJackieLee » November 27th, 2004, 1:47 pm

After lurking around the forums for a while and seeing Camille's great success, I decided to go ahead and restart the day after Thanksgiving. I kept thinking as I read her posts "Hey, I could be where she is RIGHT NOW if I had just stuck with it". Well, no use crying over spilled medifast...just a great time to go ahead and re-start. This year I won't have so many temptations this season as I work weekends only and no big parties planned.

Good luck all and stick with it!!!
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Karen » December 1st, 2004, 10:16 am

I did much the same thing. I read on here for a while, thinking I would start MF right after the holidays. Then thought, I could easily be 20 pounds heavier by then. So, Nov. 8th I got started and I haven't looked back. Thanksgiving was easy, Christmas will be a bit harder, but I know it is do-able. So now, I am hoping to be down by 30 pounds by New Years, instead of up by 20. And the fact that I feel so much better already is just a bonus!!!
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MomJackieLee » December 1st, 2004, 5:11 pm

Great start, Karen!!! Keep up the good work.
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee

Postby Nancy » December 2nd, 2004, 1:23 am

Yep, that's the way! :hi5:

When we don't focus on what we cannot eat but focus on what we CAN do, on how great we will feel, on how we will look, it makes Medifasting a pleasure.

Delight in what you are doing - you're getting your health and your LIFE back!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby smartiegrrl » December 2nd, 2004, 10:12 am

Nancy wrote:When we don't focus on what we cannot eat but focus on what we CAN do, on how great we will feel, on how we will look, it makes Medifasting a pleasure.

Delight in what you are doing - you're getting your health and your LIFE back!

For me there is such a marked difference between cranky morning smartiegrrl and un-cranky morning smartiegrrl. I think both my husband and I couldn't wait for me to be back on MF! :lol:

I physically feel so much more balanaced when I'm not the program. I didn't realize just how much so until I was off of it for a few weeks. We're having a party here on Friday to share the beer and chcoclate we brought back. I should add here that have about .75Kg of Belgian Chocolates in my fridge. Thats about... 2lbs. I should have no problem avoid the beer and chocolate on Friday. I just look at them now and think - is that worth me being cranky in the morning? Is that worth the headache?
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby explorthis » December 2nd, 2004, 11:03 am

I just look at them now and think - is that worth me being cranky in the morning? Is that worth the headache?

I look at them and think:

Is it worth 5 seconds of flavor, when in fact 10 minutes later you can’t remember what you ate anyway?

Is that 5 seconds worth a lifetime of being overweight?

Is that headache more related to the pain and trials of being overweight?

Is it worth blowing the EXTREME effort I have given Medifast?

Is my lifelong battle being overweight worth a piece of candy, or a beer?

Ya gotta weigh all of it out.

Took me 43 years to discover something so simple… You go to lunch or dinner, you have a huge salad (point here) all healthy – and filling, or you have the fat laden, carb. producing nail in your coffin meal. You eat either of these choices, 10 little minutes later, when your brain has caught up with your belly, receiving the signal of being content, or satisfied, what did you eat? Your brain does not know, nor does it care.

5 seconds is a sheer waste of time if you ask me.

What famous person says: Nothing tastes as good as thin feels?

I promise this is a part of my everyday thinking, and I have NO headaches period.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Sylvia » December 2nd, 2004, 11:20 am

You know, there's one thing I'm grappling with. I've been at my goal for 3 weeks and honestly had begun transitioning to food about a week before that. I'm still using a couple of MF products a day but am essentially now eating a normal and healthy diet.

The problem is - I just don't feel as good as I felt when I was doing MF and a lean/green for dinner. When I was in the weight loss phase - especially in the last couple of months as I got close to my goal - I felt great. Lots of energy and just on top of the world.

Now, I still feel good but not great. A bit less energy and just don't have that really healthy feeling I had while on the program. Anyone have any thoughts about this? Might be the season, change in weather or any number of things but the biggest change I've made is in what I'm eating.

On a positive note, I have maintained my goal weight (actually a bit below) for 3 weeks. I'm pretty sure I have never done that in my life. Saw a picture of myself taken last Fall before MF last night and I was completely appalled! I was REALLY fat! I know this shouldn't have been a shock, but I guess my self image is off. I still see myself as kind of fat now and I guess I saw myself as only a bit overweight then. Definite motivation to stay focused.

I completely agree with Mike. The satisfaction of eating something is gone within minutes of eating it but that feeling of being thin lasts forever.

S
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby coco » December 2nd, 2004, 11:58 am

hey MF DOES make you feel great!
I'm on my own "restart" here and this is day five...when I usually break down and cheat in some big way...but I've been sticking to the program more exactly than ever before and i think that it's really made the difference--I have NO desire to cheat...in fact this has been te easiest day yet so far! Yay!! I still havent weighed myself since the restart, but tomorrow is the day i slated for that to keep myself in line today...I can't wait to see how far the numbers have come down since i was so high to begin with! I feel like after that I can start making some more REAL progress, instead of making up for my slip-ups =)
If MF makes you feel good, I say keep shaking in addition to your food! You won't necessarily always feel like it, so when you do want to, definitely SHAKE IT!!
~Coco
245/240.4/140
mini goal: 224
coco
Trusted Member

Postby MomJackieLee » December 2nd, 2004, 1:36 pm

Have made it thru the first week. Now for the challenge... I am leaving tomorrow for a week in Orlando and will still be on program. Going with my son & grandmother and we have a condo where we can fix our own meals (or shakes). I will probably do my lean & green in the middle of the day and add on an extra small salad in the evenings. My son is easy to please, so will probably do little individual meals for him and my nanny is happy with the lean and green and eating light. (She's 76 and a lifetime member of WW and supportive of my medifast program). It's the second week and I sure will get my walking in!!! 8)

Can't wait to see all of the pretty sights! Will post a weigh in when I return. Have a great week!! :wave:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee

Postby Nancy » December 2nd, 2004, 2:04 pm

Sylvia,

I think you are beginning to realize now why I prefer to use a lot of Medifast products each day. The food is nutritious and provides exactly what the body needs.

Because the foods are all totally balanced, one’s glycemic levels remain fairly constant throughout the day. Energy levels remain steady when we don’t eat those carbolicious but not-so-nutritious foods.

There are carbs that are better – at least I feel better when I eat some than others.

I try to eat balanced meals with a ratio of 1 gram protein to 2 grams carbs and have some fat (but not much). I use almonds or olives for fat or some great blood orange infused olive oil.

I truly try to eat foods as much in their natural state as I can and avoid processed foods. If I eat sugary carby foods it is after I’ve had protein and a limited number of times a week.

It is possible to prepare healthy and balance meals, it is just time consuming.

I eat a lot of veggies, not many fruits (I don’t feel great when I eat them. If I do, it is with some protein). Dinner is always a Lean n’ Green. Snacks are veggies, an egg, perhaps an apple, Fast Soup, Mike will hate this: a stick of soy cheese, green olives stuffed with jalapeno or garlic, dill pickles or pickled veggies, sugar-free Jell-O w/ FF Cool Whip.

:shock: Boring, huh? I DO have truffles, marion berry pie or yummy bakery bread but not every day because nothing tastes as good as thin feels. ;)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Nancy » December 2nd, 2004, 2:25 pm

MomJackieLee ~

Have fun in Orlando. :wave:

:shades: What a beautiful city and so much to do. Be sure to drink plenty of water as you do the theme parks (if you do!)

Glad you will be preparing your meals but watch it with the salads - be sure there are no croutons, no cheese, no bacon, etc.

Curious - why are you planning on having two salads? Is it so you’ll have some fork action when the others are? If so, eat soup extended with bouillon or Fast Soup.

The Lean n’ Green is a balanced meal in itself. If you have Medifast products the rest of the day, you don’t need an additional 50-75 calorie salad meal. Maximum weight loss is based on just one small salad or cooked 1 ½ cup vegetable serving a day, not two salads.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby explorthis » December 2nd, 2004, 3:42 pm

Mike will hate this: a stick of soy cheese, green olives stuffed with jalapeno or garlic, dill pickles or pickled veggies, sugar-free Jell-O w/ FF Cool Whip.

Well duh, especially if you mix it all together. Do you do whip this concoction in the blender? mmmm tasty.

Actually I like everything you mentioned, except the soy cheese part.

What’s wrong with a stick of regular cheese?

Get this, almost every morning for breakfast, cause I am in a hurry, I have 3 or 4 slices of American sandwich cheese. The protein makes me feel energized early in the AM.
60 calories, 4 fats and 1 sugar p/slice

But Soy? Hmm, guess I shouldn’t knock it if I have not tried it….

-Mike
explorthis

Postby Nancy » December 2nd, 2004, 6:13 pm

Guido says,
almost every morning for breakfast, cause I am in a hurry, I have 3 or 4 slices of American sandwich cheese

:huh: What? :shock: Are you kidding me, Man?

You :point: mock my soy cheese and you eat that PLASTIC fake stuff? :puke:

Sheesh! Those slices are so skinny, they look like they've been on a very low calorie diet!

Your fake yellow plastic cheese even comes :roll: encased in a film of plastic that is nearly impossible to scrape off with long slender nicely manicured talons!

You :devious: ridicule my healthy cheese and your :tongue: buds have never even dragged across the surface of my Lisanatti Soy-Sation Soy or Almond cheese? :scratch:

:hmmm: It's found in the refrigerated section in classy markets, is made with certified organic soybeans and expeller-pressed canola oil.

Unlike your fake plastic cheese, mine is Free of lactose, cholesterol and preservatives. LW is so fabulous, she does not NEED preservatives! Hah! :roflmao:

It comes in several flaves: Cheddar, Mozzarella, Garlic & Herb and Leopard Woman's fave: Pepper Jack.

See, Mikey, LW truly IS a FIRE BALL!!!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby MomJackieLee » December 2nd, 2004, 8:05 pm

Nancy -

I plan to split my salad into two servings instead of one with NO Croutons, Cheese, Fat/Carb dressing. Just veggies, my celery, a pickle, and a little vinegar. Will add boullion to the second one to be "eating" with the family.

That's my plan and I'm STICKIN' TO IT!!!

See ya next week.

J
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee

Postby explorthis » December 2nd, 2004, 8:07 pm

You mock my soy cheese and you eat that PLASTIC fake stuff?

Mock? I mocked the blender fiasco… Have not tried it, therefore can’t mock it! HA!

Sheesh! Those slices are so skinny, they look like they've been on a very low calorie diet!

Oh, but they are easy-peasy-Japeneesy (and quick). Additionally I am on a low calorie diet, gotta stay slim.

Your fake yellow plastic cheese even comes encased in a film of plastic that is nearly impossible to scrape off with long slender nicely manicured talons!

So, like me, just eat the plastic – add’s fiber! AND, you dare refer to my AMERICAN cheese as fake? Balderdash!

You ridicule my healthy cheese Lisanatti Soy-Sation Soy or Almond cheese?

Carrie, or Marseilles, please pass me the Webster’s, I thought we were talking about cheese, not body innards.

It's found in the refrigerated section in classy markets

Common, Albertson’s has a Fridge!

Unlike your fake plastic cheese, mine is Free of lactose, cholesterol and preservatives. LW is so fabulous, she does not NEED preservatives!

Yeah, but 10 minutes later, does your taste bud care? Potato, Potatoe, Tomato, Tomatoe!

It comes in several flaves: Cheddar, Mozzarella, Garlic & Herb and Leopard Woman's fave: Pepper Jack.

So does mine, American, American, oh, and American!

See, Mikey, LW truly IS a FIRE BALL!!!

Boy, aint that a fact!!! ( I spent 1/2 hour on the phone with her this afternoon - WOWOW - she packs a whollop)

-M
explorthis

Next

Return to The Weight Room