making sure i m doin it right

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

making sure i m doin it right

Postby butterpecan » January 28th, 2004, 8:06 pm

i want to make sure i am doing the program the right way because when i read other stories it seems like i m doing something wrong this is day 3 and i dont feel like i ve been through ketosis yet, i dont get that full feeling when i have my shakes and so forth but anyways what i want to know is i do drink at least 64 oz of water and i have only 3 shakes a day along with a bowl of soup or chili and then i have a bar at nite before i go to bed if i get too hungry thru the day i have bouillion soup or a cup of coffee, i also have my lean green meal which usually consist of 5oz of baked lean meat and 1 1/2c of green beans. Now my question is do i have to have the bars, i mean i will use them because i have them but i have tried the lemon and choc and dont really care for either one the chick noodle soup is good the chili is ok i can deal with it. I would like to go on the complete fast but sometimes i just have to have that meal. So what i am asking is am i getting enough of my supplements or do i need more and what r some other foods u can eat i read someone uses sugar free jello is that ok? Also is ok to do the complete fast some days and the modified others or u have to do one and stick with it. Also can u switch them around because i have 3 shakes first thing then i have the soup or chili then i have my meal then i have a bar, is there a certain order these things have to be done in or it doesnt matter as long as u get them all in. Also if u use to many of the supplements is that a bad thing, i usually have 5 a day but i think sometimes i could use 1 or 2 more, also what if i have six supplements and then have a lean green meal will that do more harm than good. Somebody please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also some good news I weathered the storm i was craving fast food so bad today that i refused to go out of the house i had a cup of bouillion 16oz of water and a diet coke in about another hour i will be going to bed so another day i made it.
butterpecan
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Indigo » January 28th, 2004, 9:07 pm

We have a good 'Starting Out' section under 'Frequently asked Questions' that should answer a lot of your questions, ButterPecan!
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Ellen » January 29th, 2004, 6:33 am

BP,
Congrats on getting through another day successfully!! That's what I'm doing too, crossing off those days one at a time!

As for the bars, some of us like them, some don't. I personally look forward to having one, but others think they're yucky. You don't have to include them in the plan at all. You can just use a shake instead. You need five supplements and at least three of those have to be shakes, but they can be all five shakes. Some people like to do it that way. I've never tried the oatmeal or chili myself. Maybe next order...

As for the order, you can't have the bar first thing in the morning, but otherwise it doesn't really matter. If you want to do shake soup shake shake bar that works. If you want to do shake shake shake soup shake, that works. It's your plan and you have to find what works for you. I never do the exact same thing every single day.

I'm the jello person (or one of them at least). I don't know what the official stance on jello is, but to me it fits the category of allowed beverages. I use the Walmart Great value sugar-free brand. It has 5 calories, 0 carbs, and 1 gram of protein. Better than crystal light in my book!

My personal feeling is that if you are having a rough day and you have 6 supplements and a lean meal you are still doing OK. They always tell us that it is OK to have an extra shake or two if we need it. Remember a shake has only 90 calories and is chock full of all that good stuff our bodies need.

Hang in there, you are doing a great job and it will get easier.
Ellen
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

making sure i m doing it right

Postby Guest » January 29th, 2004, 7:31 am

Thanks for sending me to the starting out section it had some very good information, for instance i was eating a bar as a late nite snack i found out that i should eat the bar earlier in the day, i was also trying to have 3 shakes before 2, then i would have soup or chili by 5 which put my lean green at around 8 pm then my bar around 10 to 1030 pm so i am now trying to figure how i can get all my supplements in and be done by 8pm. I guess my confusion is how to have 5 shakes or supplements in and a meal and be done by 8pm. I think my problem is thinking shake means shake but i guess shake could mean supplement right? So its possible i could have a shake at 730 shake at 1030 then soup or chili at 130 and that would be my 3 shakes by 2 right? then i could have lean green at 5 a bar at 8 or is that too late and another shake at 10pm, or maybe i should do only 4 supplements a day 3 shakes and a bar or soup or chili. Oh well, i will work it out. Thanks for listening.

Postby Kimbob » January 29th, 2004, 7:39 am

I think shake and supplement are fairly exchangeable if you're talking about having three by 2pm.

I tend to do a shake in the morning around 9:00, then a soup at 12:00, then my third supplement, a shake, at 3 (I know it's supposed to be 2, but my hours are a little later than some). Then I have either a chili or a bar or a modified meal at dinner time, then the last shake of the day as a "dessert" at 9:00. This way my first, third, and fifth are all shakes and I intersperse with the other supplements. If you take an hour off of all of those times it would be exactly on schedule per the plan. I find that the interspersing really helps with my emotional need for variety. Water is a constant, although sometimes I add a little bit of crystal light to help "the medicine go down!"

Good luck to you!

Kimbob the Striving
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby ror » January 29th, 2004, 9:46 am

from what I can figure out if your having a lean and green like myself then you are only supposed to have 4 shakes a day along with it.... no bars, no nothing I may be wrong , but thats the way I understand it.
~R
ror

Postby SneezyKitten » January 30th, 2004, 3:59 am

Modified = 5/1 or the "5 and 1 plan"...3 shakes + 2 shakes or supplements + 1 lean and green.

Full fast = 5-6 shakes/supplements day

3 "meals" MUST be shakes.
3 meals (shakes or otherwise) need to be before 2:00 pm IF you work a regular schedule. Bars tend to spike blood sugar, so try not to have a bar as your last meal of the day.
Also, check the portion sizes for lean and green. I don't have the info in front of me, but I think it is about a 4 ounce portion...(I only do lean and green a couple of times a week so not sure on that!)
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.