Ready to Rock!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Ready to Rock!!

Postby Michelle » January 9th, 2006, 12:19 am

Hello All!

I wanted to do a quick introduction since I will be joining everyone tomorrow. My food has arrived, the junk food has been thrown out, I've written down my goals and all of my "Whys" of losing the weight, and I have even taken the before pictures. :whattha: (sorry won't be posting those until I have some progress to report) :D

I am a 28 year old mom of 2. I have been on the diet yoyo since the 3rd grade. :oops: For the majority of my teen and early 20's I stayed thin by throwing up everything I ate and/or by barely eating at all When I became pregnant with my daughter I somehow managed to give up the bulimia, but I gained 100lbs during the pregnancy. I lost and gained the same 50 lbs on Atkins for a year and 1/2, and I then became prego with our son. I had a high risk pregnancy due to the weight, and of course added more weight to the bod. I don't take pictures ever. Infact the only pictures I have with my children are on the day they were born. I can't wait to finally take a family picture! :D

I have gone from being a very outgoing individual to becoming a hermit. I worry about the effect this will have on my children and my marriage. I am so looking forward to shedding the lbs and finding the real me again. I can't wait to live the life that I should be living.

I know that this is only the begining of fixing the whole problem (I am an emotional eater) but I am determined to beat it once and for all. I have many reasons for losing this weight, but the top reason on the list is to overcome it now so that I don't pass this obsession and negative body image on to my daughter. So you could say I am on a mission! :weightlift:

I have spent many days reading all of the posts, and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and celebrating everyone's accomplishments. Accountability and Support are key in reaching any goal, and I feel very lucky to have stumbled accross this forum. Thank you Terry and Nancy, and everyone else has been so open in their journey. You all really helped me in making the decision to commit. So thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Michelle
Michelle
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Gwenski » January 9th, 2006, 12:33 am

Michelle,

WELCOME!! Sounds to me like you are already a total sucess and it is pre-day one for you!!!! WOOHoo!!!

Way to go for clarifying and cleaning up before you start clearing out your closet of all those clothes that now fit. Your starting plan of attack reminds me of Me!! Nothing wrong with a little divide and conquer - especially when it is such a battle of mind over matter.

You are going to be fabulous cause you are SO prepared....baby steps and all that BUT way to come in and go for it!

Congrats on this choice and may your journey take you to the YOU that you want to know and become!! Well done!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » January 9th, 2006, 1:08 am

Good Morning to you, Michelle and welcome!

You have certainly done your homework
and now you are ready to have the Take Shape For Life Program
and the Medifast meal replacement products do the health and body work!

The mental stuff sort of happens all along the journey -

we are all WIPs

W
orks In Progress or better yet, WOWSERs In Progress!!

:cateye:
Hope ya have a Medifastingly succesful first week!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re: Ready to Rock!!

Postby Unca_Tim » January 9th, 2006, 8:23 am

Hi Michelle and welcome,

Michelle wrote:Accountability and Support are key in reaching any goal....

Amen Sister!

Sounds like you're ready to rock.
:coolnana:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Hyperion » January 9th, 2006, 8:27 am

Welcome Michelle,

You did everything and packed all your things for your trip! I should have taken before pictures (belly, butt, close-up on face, etc)... It's so comforting once you reach 20-30 pounds to have those pictures of before-mid-after :D

It's true, success on this depends largely on support, and you're at the right place.

Just type what you feel, and be sure we'll be there to help you! :D :D
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Postby dlr2424 » January 11th, 2006, 4:07 pm

Michelle...... :D ......welcome aboard.... :hug: .....your story is one that i'm sure many can relate to.. :rose: ..thank you for sharing it...........and the good news is....... :goteam: .......everyone here will support and cheer you on to victory..... :cheerleader: .....give it all you got for YOU ARE WORTH IT............your future holds much for you to enjoy...... :bananadance: ....my prayers for your strentgh and success on this journey...... :angel: .....

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.