Ready - to - Drink Q's

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Ready - to - Drink Q's

Postby JustJeni » June 30th, 2006, 8:28 pm

I'm use to just the powder shakes that you mix with water. Would I be a big fan of the Ready to Drink? Does it taste a lot different? I'm just curious b/c I'm getting lazy!
♥♥Jeni♥♥
JustJeni
Preferred member

Postby jump4joy » June 30th, 2006, 9:02 pm

I used to just mix my chocolate shakes in my shaker jar for the longest time until I discovered the chocolate RTD's. They taste better, very yummy, and soooo convenient. I only use the RTD's now and have never looked back! If you order them by the case, they are discounted. Then if you order over $200, then the shipping's free. After the discounts, they are as cheap as the others (very close). I order four cases of the choc. RTD's every month. My teenage daughters love them....they are a very healthy snack, so I don't mind ordering extra so they can have them too. ( My daughters are NOT overweight.....they just have the RTD's for a snack). I don't mind sharing. They are WELL worth the $$, IMO.

Joy :mrgreen:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 30th, 2006, 9:09 pm

Jeni,
I LOVE the choc RTD's. I tolerate the vanilla. The vanilla isn't as sweet as the powdered IMHO, but I just don't like it as much!

I LOVE the choc RTD's because they are so smooth, just like chocolate milk! They are SO easy, so packable and portable. Sometimes when I'm out and about, it's WAY TOO LONG before I can wash out my shaker jar...the skeeze factor comes fast!

I buy them by the case 24 so I can get the 10% discount. so they're not as much $$$$. I just LOVE them! So easy! The only downside, is that when I make them at home...I put in ice and more water...with the RTD's, it's just 8oz. I don't feel like I "get" as much, but I do, and they hold me (as far as hunger) as long as the regular shaker jar shakes do!

Just my 2 cents!

DeDe

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 1st, 2006, 7:32 am

I personally drink the RTD's b/c I can't stand the chalky taste of the regular shakes. The chocolate is very smooth and tasty. Can't stand the vanilla, though.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LovenElvis » July 1st, 2006, 7:37 am

I love the Choc RTDs...they are very creamy! Like DeDe, they are very convenant and I buy it by the case. During the week, I normally drink 3 a day because it is so much easier at work.

Your best bet is to purchase them when you are going to order over $200.00 the shipping is free...if you purchase them under that then shipping is going to be much higher! They are heavy.

Laura Blake
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JKSRN » July 1st, 2006, 10:14 am

RTD's--hands down!!! They are great, and I think that they taste so much better than the powder shakes. I drink both flavors as I don't mind the vanilla and I usually order a 'case-worth" of both flavors mixed, as I don't drink them every single day of the month and I really don't mind spending the $6.00 difference of ordering a case of just one flavor. Not cost effective, but it works for me. Now, if they could only bottle up the cappuccino!!

Jeni, you can order a couple of the RTD's just to try them out. Then, if you like them, then a case might work for you, if that is how you choose to order them. :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby TonyR » July 1st, 2006, 1:23 pm

Personally I am pretty scared of getting RTD's because of some bad experiences with other plans!
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nova » July 1st, 2006, 8:49 pm

I must be the oddball. I actually prefer the powdered shakes over the RTDs. I can make the powdered shakes with SF syrups and lots of ice and make it a big meal. That said, I like the chocolate better than the vanilla. And sometimes it's nice to have one when I'm not very hungry, and of course, it's great to have something portable.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Joelie » July 2nd, 2006, 5:51 am

I LOOOOOVE the chocolate RTD's!

and so does Allie. ;)

I haven't tried the vanilla yet. I doubt I will since I'm not much of a vanilla fan.
Not only do I love the super chocolate taste, I love the convenience.
I use a regular size straw though. :oops:
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 2nd, 2006, 6:57 am

Cute pic, Joelie!!!
Arklahoma

Postby TooManyBooks » July 2nd, 2006, 7:02 am

Now, if they could only bottle up the cappuccino!!

I'll second that! Give Starbucks a run for their money! LOL
Start date 4/6/06
TooManyBooks
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 2nd, 2006, 5:45 pm

RTD's are a life-saver at times and like everyone else - I LOVE THEM!! Definitely buy them by the case and TRY to gang them with your big order - the shipping costs will kill ya.

I definitely prefer the chocolate (YUM!)

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Guest » July 3rd, 2006, 7:49 am

Joelie,
I LOVE that pic of "Allie" drinking the RTD shake! It was so cute, it made me laugh. I'm an animal lover anyway.

Postby Joelie » July 3rd, 2006, 6:33 pm

Thanks! Animal lover here too. ;)
Joelie

Postby DogMa » July 4th, 2006, 8:18 pm

I love 'em too - animals AND RTDs (but only the chocolate ones). If you freeze 'em and catch them just before they're all the way defrosted again, they taste a lot like a milkshake. Or maybe a Wendy's Frosty. But you have to let them defrost enough, otherwise they're just chocolate-flavored ice.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Return to Come on in.