Quick question

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Quick question

Postby sidrah » January 4th, 2006, 9:54 pm

for all of you with experience.

I ordered the starter kit, which is the 4 weeks plus an extra week. In addition, I ordered a cream of broccoli soup because I saw one of the items in the box was cappuccino—uck!!! I hate anything with coffee flavor or smell. So, I will be looking to trade if anyone is interested. That is a given before I even get the packet.

So, I have been researching, but I do not seem to find the answers to some of these questions I have. If you would be so kind as to indulge me... ;)

Of the entire collection of options- shake, packaged soups, pudding, etc… You have 5 per day and then for dinner you have a meal of meat/fish/chicken and vegetables. Questions about this:
-Can the meal be any part of the day or do you guys generally have it at dinner time? I know ultimately the food count equals the same at the end of the day, but I was curious.
-The shakes are powdered (I am not talking about the ready to drink cans), so can I make them ahead of time and bottle them for work or do you think they will not taste so great unless I mix it as I am about to drink it. Maybe refrigerate it if I pre-make it. Do you use crushed ice or just water?

Drink questions:
I normally drink a gallon or so of water a day, so I am not all that concerned about water. Do you have unlimited SF calorie free drinks in addition to that, as well. I do not drink coffee, but tea I would drink.

Okay, so hopefully the box will get here soon. What does everyone do for exercise?
Sorry I have lots of questions, I am still maneuvering around this board and figuring out what goes where.

Hope to hear everyone’s experiences more and more!
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 4th, 2006, 11:19 pm

Sidrah ~

The Lean and Green meal can be eaten at any time of the day - for brunch, lunch, linner or dinner!

The powdered shakes can be made ahead of time and as long as they are refrigerated, you'll be fine. How to mix them is a personal preference and you will get a variety of answers here. They taste best when made with very cold water, allowed to rest for 5-10 minutes rather than sucking them down immediately after shaking them up.

I prefer the powdered shakes made in the blender with crushed ice. Second choice is in the shaker jar with 8 ounces of water, three ice cubes, hand shaken and a 10 minute rest in the refrigerator.

Powdered shakes are great made ahead of time. I have write about this in many posts but for over a year, I mixed two shake packets with 16 ounces of water & about 1.5 cups of crushed ice in the blender, poured it into a Rubbermaid quart-size container, wrapped it in a towel and kept it in my mini refer in my office. I drank half for brunch, the other half for lunch. Sometimes I mixed 1 packet of Vaniller and 1 packet of Choc or one each of Choc and Bananner but usually just made a double packet of Dutch Choc.

Yes, you may have unlimited SF drinks - watch the caffeine - it will make ya feel :nana: wacky and a lot of diet pop will make you feel :eat: hungrier. Many sugar-free products can cause stomach irritation...you may do the diarrhea :runner: dash if you eat too much.

:secret: There is a search clicky up there ^ that you can use to find the answers to many topics that you may be looking for.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby sidrah » January 4th, 2006, 11:25 pm

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for the response. I haev been reading and found many answers. I am familiar with the search feature. I am anxiously awaiting the package and cannot wait to start. I look forward to all of the advice and stories.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 4th, 2006, 11:32 pm

Are you sittin' on your front porch with your eye on the horizon for the FedEx dude/dudette?

:cateye:

You'll be healthy and thinner in no time!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room