quick question

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

quick question

Postby coco » December 2nd, 2004, 8:17 pm

Hi, I ran a search on this but nothing's comin' up...
Is there any amount of time you shold wait before going to sleep after having a shake? Or should you not have them at night? If it's late and i'm hungry (and havent had 5 MF's yet), would it be better to have a shake then end up going to bed less than an hour later, or just tough it out and figure the MF will be tere in the morning? I've heard it's bad to eat at night, so I was just wondering if anyone found it affected them?
Thanks!!
~Coco
245/240.4/140
mini goal: 224
coco
Trusted Member

Postby explorthis » December 2nd, 2004, 8:28 pm

No rules on when to take them, and when not to - just as long as there are no more than 3 hours between shakes (except while sleeping).

However, think of this, why waste a good comfortable “just ate” feeling, by drinking a shake and then going to bed?

Since the meals (shakes) are so small - I would want to savor every minute, since we ARE getting so little calories...

Just a thought.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby RavenKat » December 3rd, 2004, 6:01 am

Heck, I woke up ravenous the other night and had a shake at midnight and went right back to sleep! My gurgling stomach woke me up and was keeping me awake. Afterwards I slept fine. I figure if you are truly hungry, have one. If it's just habit, then time them out better.

I believe Nancy has them near her bed for just such an occasion. :D

Kat
Last edited by RavenKat on December 3rd, 2004, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby coco » December 3rd, 2004, 6:09 am

thanx y'all :-P
very frustrating experience this morning though...after my restart on sunday, I made it through 5 days on program so i finally decided it was time to WI this am...and the scale said I had lost NO Wheight!!!!!!!! What??? I am hoping this is some crazy water retention thing (I did work out really hard yesterday and then had a shake superlate) so I'll just stay on and hope that come Monday (next time I'll be around mr scale) I'll be WAAAY down! But but but, while that's easy to say, not losing weight is never motivating...makes me want to say screw it all :? Ugh. I think I'll have some coffee and water to keep myself away from OTHER things!
~Coco
245/240.4/140
mini goal: 224
coco
Trusted Member

Postby Marseilles » December 3rd, 2004, 6:32 am

Coco, I know how frustrating that is, ugh!! Saty true to your program though and medifast will not disappoint you, sweets! It will be much more frustrating to throw in the towel and resume old habits and gain weight!!

Are you sure you are not exercising too much?

-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » December 3rd, 2004, 10:57 am

coco,

You may have a shake or puddin' or soup, etc. in the evening and unlike swimming, where you're supposed to wait an hour before going in the water, you may safely dive under the covers shortly after slurping a shake.

It is important to NEVER EVER skip a meal. I always have a bedtime Medifood and yep, many times, I have a shake or part of a bar about 2:30-3 AM - remember, I am on maintenance now.

RavenKat, I know exactly what you mean about being ravenous in the night. Once a person has been Medifasting for a while and truly begins to understand their body and its signals, you will recognize the difference between the desire to eat and the need to eat. Truly, I think I had never experienced what hunger really is all about before I Medifasted. I must have lived in a chronic state of stuffage. I was always so full in the morning from having the continual feedbag hanging on my chins that I wasn't hungry at breakfast time.

It is absolutely important to eat all five of your Medifast meals plus your Lean n' Green every day. If you are on the complete program, you need all 6 of your meal replacements. Sometimes it is necessary to have just before snore sack time and it will not affect your weight loss. If you withhold food, you will affect your weight loss. An intense workout can also affect your fluid balance and therefore, it'll show up on the scales.

Those gnarly water pounds will soon flee. Drink lots of water and chase 'em away. You cannot fail if you follow the plan, 'cuz the plan don't/won't/can't fail! Hang tough. Trust me.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Pay no attention to the scale.

Postby Sasa » December 5th, 2004, 2:37 pm

Coco, I know how discouraging it is to step on the scale and see no weight loss. Or even worse, a gain. But hang in there and believe me, if you stick with this program the weight will come off. I know it's especially true for women that hormonal shifts cause water retention. I have also been told by a bariatrician that burning fat generates water and water is denser than fat. So what I do is look for other changes. My clothes get looser, the steering wheel in the car is just a little bit farther away - stuff like that. Look for the results in other places when you don't see them on the scale. Good luck!
Sasa
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss