2 Questions - pudding and plateaus

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

2 Questions - pudding and plateaus

Postby fairladyj » February 3rd, 2007, 11:24 am

1. How do you get the @#$%^& lumps out of the pudding? No matter how much I stir, how fast/slow I put in water, or anything else I can think of, it's still gross!

2. I feel stuck already - I just finished 1 month, and have only lost 14.5 lbs - I say only, because I read on here how great most others do, and I get frustrated. I know this would be terrific on any other diet - I know, I've tried them all.

Still - I was hoping for some better results. I have followed the plan to the T - don't want to give up - any advice?
Jennifer in Michigan

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!
fairladyj
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » February 3rd, 2007, 1:02 pm

I use a spoon and smush the lumps on the side of the container. It also helps to whip it quickly at first then work the lumps out.
I can't say it works everytime, but more often than not.
Personally, I found that it was more trouble than it was worth, so I just stick with my hot cocoa. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby alpha femme » February 3rd, 2007, 1:53 pm

14# in a month is great-- especially considering you aren't looking to lose a huge amount. as far as the pudding, i have found that it works best with very, very cold water in a bowl-- then add pudding on top and whisk it. mine now turns out great every time... although i either got chocolate soup or brownie mix for the first few months. then again, what self-respecting fat girl turns down brownie mix?
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » February 3rd, 2007, 3:49 pm

alpha femme wrote:although i either got chocolate soup or brownie mix for the first few months. then again, what self-respecting fat girl turns down brownie mix?
:roflmao: That sounds like me!!

Anyhoo....., Like Alpha, I use very cold water and mix it into the pudding a little at a time. It looks like brownie mix first, making sure that all the lumps are gone, then I add more water Until I get the consistancy I like.

14 pounds in 1 month is great results, be proud of yourself!! I am the queen of plateaus. The first time I plateaued, I ommitted the bars for a few days. The second time, I went on all MF meals for 3 days. They both worked. This last time which I am still trying to get through is just because my body doesn't seem to want to let go of that last little bit. But I'm still plugging away, and getting back to a positive mindset. Getting frustrated will only cause you to get discouraged and you are more likely to cheat or quit. Stay positive and keep shakin'. The pounds will come off when they are ready! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby sydney_gavin » February 3rd, 2007, 6:05 pm

I use a whisk - seems to work great with a bit elbow grease hehehehe

Kind regards

Gavin

Act as if it all depended on you; pray as if it all depended on God.
sydney_gavin
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby nickieluv » February 3rd, 2007, 6:10 pm

I agree with Alpha - your 1 month numbers are GREAT! Please don't get discouraged - although I know that is easier said than done. I just came out of a month's tailspin and the main thing I learned is that those who were the most succesful just focused on eating according to plan and let the scale do what it would. You can only control what goes in your mouth, not what a machine displays. Stay positive!

Oh, and I also agree with Mike - the hot cocoa is way better. Even the few lumps I still get taste good!

Best of luck.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby MerryMary » February 3rd, 2007, 6:52 pm

Like Gavin, I use a wisk ... it works great.

I add the mix to the water, not the other way around.

14.5 lbs is great! Celebrate the new formation of you!

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 3rd, 2007, 7:54 pm

I just shake my pudding in my Medifast shaker. No lumps! Then I use a rubber spatula to get every last bit into the dessert bowl.

I put mine in the freezer for about an hour.....it's so good that way!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Jan » February 3rd, 2007, 9:14 pm

Hmmmm,
I think you weight loss is great!! :D Just think you're thinnier than you used to be. Fourteen pounds in one month .. terrific :D As others have said .. those who have more to part with ... part with more the first month.
As for me... I'm a sloooow loser so I just stayed off the scales. I knew if I saw a one or two pound loss in a whole week .. I'd want to toss the scale right thru the window....and my hubby wouldn't be toooo happy :x to say the least. He's the repair man around our house .. so off the scale for me. I will say I did get on the scale today ... and I'm down two pounds .. I'm happy with that!!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby horsey girl » February 3rd, 2007, 9:20 pm

Easy! Easy! Easy! But it took me a while to figure it out and like others I had about decided it wasn't worth it. I put my water and two ice cubes in my shaker jar and add the pudding. Shake until the cubes quit rattling and you are all set. The ice cubes mix it lickity split and when they quit rattling it has thickened. It takes only a few seconds. :eat: :tongue: :D
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Diana » February 3rd, 2007, 11:16 pm

Hiya, Lady J--

My pudding mixing follows the aforementioned add-water-first-and-use-a-wisk method.

As for being stuck, how much water are you drinking? Have you considered upping it to about 96 oz? It really made a difference for me (although, I thought my HA was nuts when she first suggested it!).

And yes, to echo Jan, all you can do is set up the conditions for your body to burn the fat, and it will do the rest. Don't compare yourself to others. At the very get go, my HA suggested I may be a "slow loser." To which I scoffed. But I see what she means. Compared to others, I haven't lost as much in the same amount of time. BUT compared to other programs I've tried, I'm ahead of the game by, oh, 5 and half YEARS!!

It'll happen, and you'll get discouraged at times along the way, but keep at it. Never in my life did I think I'd lose almost 100 lbs in 9 months.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to Weight Loss