question about splenda

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

question about splenda

Postby guest » June 23rd, 2005, 5:55 pm

Hi everyone! I have been reading all your posts for a couple of weeks and was so impressed with this forum and everyones success on medifast that i decided to try it for myself! I have been on the program for 4 days now and really love it! It is so much easier than any thing I have done in the past to lose weight. I do have one maybe silly question to ask..........
I am NOT a water drinker and it has been a challenge to drink that much water, I have been drinking about 100 oz a day even though it makes me gag. But today I tried adding a few packets of splenda and lime juice to my water and it makes it wonderfull!!! I had heard some where that artificial sweeteners can trick your body into thinking that it is real sugar and there fore slow down your weight loss? What do you think....is it okay to add this to all my water ?

Thank You !!!!
shelley

Postby want2Bthin » June 23rd, 2005, 8:08 pm

I use Splenda every day in my oatmeal & my 1 cup of coffee. I have had no problem losing weight. I can't speak for everyone elses experience but I do fine using it.
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fatBgone » June 23rd, 2005, 10:21 pm

Hi Shelley,
If you like the flavor that splenda & lime juice has in your water, then you would probably really like some of the flavored waters that are on the market now. I was never a water drinker either, but now that's all I drink - and I LOVE it!! Several of the bottled water companies are coming out with flavored waters, but so far my favorite is by Nestle and someone here on the board suggested AquaCal and it's really good too - and it actually gives us some nutrients as well. The only thing is that it is a little TOO sweet, so I always dilute them and I get 2 or 3 bottles of water out of each one. If you have a CVS near you, they sell them individually there, so you could try it out.

Glad you're enjoying the program....looking forward to your success!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » June 23rd, 2005, 10:47 pm

I use Splenda daily and really don't think it slows down weight loss at all.
Glad you are here and doing great!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby joysea » June 24th, 2005, 12:15 am

Regarding the AquaCal: CVS has them on sale this week: 2 bottles for $1. I live in York, PA so not sure if your area carries the same specials.

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby fatBgone » June 24th, 2005, 4:20 am

I was going to mention the sale at CVS - but I wasn't sure when it ends, so I didn't want to get hopes up. I bought some on Sunday and when I saw that it was on sale - I grabbed EVERY bottle (16 bottles) that was there! The checkout lady was laughing at me. If it's still on sale, I need to go back before it's over and buy some more. Do you know when the sale ends?
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby tumbleweed » June 24th, 2005, 4:33 am

Hi Shelly! It really is good that you are trying to get your water in it is so important to drink the water.

I use slenda and have had no problems with it. I use Torani sugar free syrups, they have so many flavors and are sweetened with splenda. I add them to my shakes and to my oatmeal medicookies when I make them.

My favorite, which I only have a couple times a week is to pour a can of sugar free cream soda over ice and add an ounce and a half or so of the sugar free lime syrup, its so yummy it feels like I am cheating but I'm not, its wonderful especially on some of these hot days we are having lately. I try to stay away from soda as much as possible but this drink a couple times a week is something I look forward to. :D
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby guest » June 24th, 2005, 6:26 am

Thank you ALL so much for the answer to my question and advice on sugar free drinks! You people are amazing! I really love reading the posts on this site, I probably wont post much myself as I am super busy all the time and I am not much of a writer myself, but I am going to stay on medifast and keep checking all your posts daily. I ll keep you posted on my progress.....so far on day 5 I have lost 12 pounds!!!! Cant beat that with a stick! Anyways THANK YOU agian so very much for answering my question it meant a lot to me. I wish you all success.

Thank You
Shelley

Postby joysea » June 24th, 2005, 10:28 am

ThIs Saturday is the last day of the sale at CVS for the AquaCal flavored waters!

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby guest » June 24th, 2005, 11:24 am

Thanks for the tip joyce, I m gonna go buy some today!!! They sound yummy :D

shelley

Postby dlr2424 » June 25th, 2005, 4:44 pm

Shelley.. :hmmm: ..I think that was true of all the other sweetners.....however with splenda it is so much like sugar that I don't think it has any weight stalling issues.. :scratch: ..i could be wrong though...........now as far as water.......if you like crystal light..... I take a bottle and fill it up 2/3 with water and then 1/3 with crystal light..........yummmmmmmm
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.